If I'm Hackett......

26TrapDraw

I attack the crap out of the dolphins LB's. This is our mismatch to exploit with quick hitting passes to Spiller/Jackson out of the backfield and Iso 4 wide sets getting a LB mismatch. It also keeps EJ upright neutralizing their better than average pass rush. This game will show us what kind of OC Hackett is. If we don't exploit their very weak LB corp we didn't game plan correctly.

What do you guys think?

Better than average? They have a Pro Bowl caliber pass rusher going against a rookie 7th round pick. They need to mix it up much more than they did against the Bears. Pass a bit more on first down. Crowd noise was obviously a factor last week.

This week they need to run a lot more no huddle. Especially after a big first down. Have a couple plays ready to go that EJ can run whenever he feels like they should push the tempo. Two of them should be a bubble screen to Watkins and a reverse to Goodwin or Watkins.

I attack the crap out of the dolphins LB's. This is our mismatch to exploit with quick hitting passes to Spiller/Jackson out of the backfield and Iso 4 wide sets getting a LB mismatch. It also keeps EJ upright neutralizing their better than average pass rush. This game will show us what kind of OC Hackett is. If we don't exploit their very weak LB corp we didn't game plan correctly.

What do you guys think?

I agree. I think we still need to take our shots as usual, along with pounding the rock. If their LB's are going to be their weakness, exploit them. Use the same formations when they try to adjust, and have a plan to exploit their new weakness...

I feel a fake punt coming in the near future....

What do you guys think?

Great now the Fins know our gameplan.

Better than average? They have a Pro Bowl caliber pass rusher going against a rookie 7th round pick. They need to mix it up much more than they did against the Bears. Pass a bit more on first down. Crowd noise was obviously a factor last week.

This week they need to run a lot more no huddle. Especially after a big first down. Have a couple plays ready to go that EJ can run whenever he feels like they should push the tempo. Two of them should be a bubble screen to Watkins and a reverse to Goodwin or Watkins.

Wake had 0 sacks against Pears last year. Why don't they just put him at RT and urbik at RG if this is such a mismatch?

Y'all need to relax about the Henderson vs. Wake matchup. This is a good time to refer to the post I made in the Cameron Wake thread. He's really not been all that impressive vs. Buffalo in his career. His best performances came during his first year in the league, 2009. Back when the Bills has stalwarts like Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith, Jonathan Scott and Kirk Chambers at the tackle positions.

10 games, 33 tackles (26 solo) 6.5 sacks.

7 tackles, 2.5 sacks in 2009

5 tackles, 1 sack in 2010

8 tackles, 1 sack in 2011

8 tackles, 2 sacks in 2012

5 tackles, 0 sacks in 2013

Rough average: 3.5 tackles, 0.5 sacks per game. Hardly elite, especially for a guy who they face twice a year and should know the OL's weaknesses

This season we have the benefit of Jim Hostler gameplanning for the opponent as soon as the gameplan for the previous opponent is complete. If you don't think he and Hackett are all too aware of the Fish problems at LB you're kidding yourself. Also, see Sal Capaccio's article (linked in another thread) showing how the Fish DBs were playing nearly 10 yards off the Pats* WRs. If they do this to Watkins and Woods watch for some serious YAC.

Chandler should have a good day if he can catch the freakin ball.

:wallbash:

This season we have the benefit of Jim Hostler gameplanning for the opponent as soon as the gameplan for the previous opponent is complete. If you don't think he and Hackett are all too aware of the Fish problems at LB you're kidding yourself. Also, see Sal Capaccio's article (linked in another thread) showing how the Fish DBs were playing nearly 10 yards off the Pats* WRs. If they do this to Watkins and Woods watch for some serious YAC.

hmmmmm interesting

Great now the Fins know our gameplan.

:D

I hope they are dumb enough to give our WRs that much cushion. I think our offense will be productive Sunday. If EJ continues to develop and recognizes these mismatches I have a giant humble pie in the freezer I would love to have a big slice of.

Y'all need to relax about the Henderson vs. Wake matchup. This is a good time to refer to the post I made in the Cameron Wake thread. He's really not been all that impressive vs. Buffalo in his career. His best performances came during his first year in the league, 2009. Back when the Bills has stalwarts like Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith, Jonathan Scott and Kirk Chambers at the tackle positions.

10 games, 33 tackles (26 solo) 6.5 sacks.

7 tackles, 2.5 sacks in 2009

5 tackles, 1 sack in 2010

8 tackles, 1 sack in 2011

8 tackles, 2 sacks in 2012

5 tackles, 0 sacks in 2013

Rough average: 3.5 tackles, 0.5 sacks per game. Hardly elite, especially for a guy who they face twice a year and should know the OL's weaknesses

Nice breakdown of his stats vs. Buffalo. I would still be worried about that match-up given his experience and Henderson's lack of.

Nice breakdown of his stats vs. Buffalo. I would still be worried about that match-up given his experience and Henderson's lack of.

Right - so why don't they use Pears who held him in 5 tackles and 0 sacks in 2013? Technically Henderson should be better than Pears since he beat him out for that position, but it isn't like we "had" to replace Pears as if he left and we were stuck playing the rookie, we simply upgraded the position and moved him to G. Edited by YoloinOhio

If I'm Hackett, I'd study a lot more game tape of Chan Gailey and see how he managed to get CJ to produce 6 yards per carry while I'm only getting 4 yards per carry out of him. And then I'd draw up some plays to hopefully get CJ to the second level. I want Miami's banged up or back up LBs trying to run down and tackle CJ. Good luck!

And, yep, combine this with some quick slants and dump offs to the running backs. As Beef says, put stress on the LBs all game long.

maybe it's Goodwin time too if they are going to play off the WRs?

Last week after the great strip fumble of Marshall-- Hackett came back with two power runs and a screen which resulted in three points off turnovers. I know there's those who would say he should've loaded up the long bomb to Sammy in the end zone--maybe you're right, but what didn't happen was any negative play that young qb's and rec's tend commit in these pressure situations on the road.

I'm on board with this slower pace running based offense. It's a winner for us.