Weekly "Ref's for Bills game" thread

Just Jack

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good, as long as it's not that $&!% Walt Coleman

I wouldn't be so confident. Remember this gem of a game? http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/game/browns_bills/2009/10/11#box-score

Boger was the white hat for that game. Bills flagged 13 times, Browns flagged 3. Probably one of the worst NFL games I've ever watched.

it's not the # of penalties anyway, It's the timing, terribleness, and one-sided-ness that his crew screws the bills with

I wasn't kidding--most of his PI and defensive holding calls all year were against us in the 2 games he and his crew screwed us in.

Sunday's OFFICIALS at Denver

Referee. Ron Torbert (62)

Umpire. Carl Paganelli (124)

Head Linesman . Jim Howey (37)

Line Judge. John Hussey (35)

Field Judge. Barry Anderson (20)

Side Judge. Scott Edwards (3)

Back Judge. Greg Yette (38)

Replay Official. Bill Spyksma

Replay Assistant . Terry Sullivan

Sunday's OFFICIALS at Denver

Referee. Ron Torbert (62)

Umpire. Carl Paganelli (124)

Head Linesman . Jim Howey (37)

Line Judge. John Hussey (35)

Field Judge. Barry Anderson (20)

Side Judge. Scott Edwards (3)

Back Judge. Greg Yette (38)

Replay Official. Bill Spyksma

Replay Assistant . Terry Sullivan

Doooooooooooooooooooom'd!!!!!!

How was that rushing td not overturned(I want to say the first broncos td) the rb was down short of the goal line the ref with the Clear view was marking him short then a ref came from the other side and ruled a td. It was 3rd down. The replays showed the rb sitting down before reaching over the line. Also a lot of phantom calls.

I want to say it was the ref fist bump td

How was that rushing td not overturned(I want to say the first broncos td) the rb was down short of the goal line the ref with the Clear view was marking him short then a ref came from the other side and ruled a td. It was 3rd down. The replays showed the rb sitting down before reaching over the line. Also a lot of phantom calls.

That 2nd Anderson TD was short.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ultimately that didn't really matter as they'd likely have scored anyway. The calls that mattered were the two penalties they called on third downs with phantom penalties on Robey and Gillmore and the yardage they took away on INT returns (both of which where the Bills were already in FG range.) Mysteriously CBS never showed a replay of either penalty on returns despite the fact that they took about 90 yards away from the Bills in total.

Earned penalties are bad enough but the phantom variety with no explanation is maddening. I would like the NFL to explain these bogus calls later in the week on NFL network. Grade out the ref crews so all can see.

Edited by Nitro

Ultimately that didn't really matter as they'd likely have scored anyway. The calls that mattered were the two penalties they called on third downs with phantom penalties on Robey and Gillmore and the yardage they took away on INT returns (both of which where the Bills were already in FG range.) Mysteriously CBS never showed a replay of either penalty on returns despite the fact that they took about 90 yards away from the Bills in total.

it would have been 4th down and a likely field goal. Or a goal line stand. I would take the chance of them going for it over a td any day

Earned penalties are d enough but the phantom variety with no explanation is maddening. I would like the NFL to explain these bogus calls later in the week on NFL network. Grade out the ref crews so all can see.

The Robey and Gilmore calls were both terrible. The PF call on Hughes would have never been w/o the bogus PI on Gilmore. The zebras failed miserably today.

New England at Bills crew, who will be all buying new cars Monday if the Pats* win....

Referee: Walt Coleman (65)

Umpire: Bill Schuster (129)

Head Linesman: Jerry Bergman (91)

Line Judge: Mike Spanier (90)

Field Judge: Greg Gautreaux (80)

Side Judge: Michael Banks (72)

Back Judge: Rich Martinez (39)

Umpire Bill Shuster is from East Rochester and my nephew is good friends with his son. Ironically, he is also the one who threw the flag on Hughes for that infamous personal foul penalty for patting his teammate on the head after a great play. I told my nephew to never introduce me to him cause I might just slap the **** out of him.