If Bills stayed @9 in 2014 draft, who would they have picked?

truth on hold

Assuming the top 8 stayed the same, starting @ 9 the next 10 available guys were:

Anthony Barr, LB

Eric Ebron, TE

Taylor Lewin, OT

Odell Beckham, WR

Aaron Donald, DT

Kyle Fuller, CB

Ryan Shazier, LB

Zack Martin, G

C. J. Mosely, LB

Calvin Pryor, S

My guess is Lewin since we know they went OT in Rd2. And then best TE available in Rd2 which would have been Jace Amaro.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

At 9 it was early, but Kelvin Benjamin has been making waves and the type of guy they talked about. I've only seen highlights and the catch against us. Pretty good from what I've seen. Trade back and get him and I'd be happy. (But then again, what do I know?)

Shazier looks like a good one.

So the question is- is Watkins>Ebron+next years 1st? I hope so, I have faith in Whaley.

we'll get our first glimpse of Ebron tonight w/ Lions

I had serious doubts about his game translating to the pro level ... I know Chris Brown speculated he would have been our pick, but I have doubts someone that undisciplined appealed to their "win-now" sensibility

I am so glad we didn't pick Ebron. The reports out of Detroit have not been good with regard to his hands - and that's the same thing I read in scouting reports - how often he dropped the ball is high for a supposed elite tight end.

In retrospect Shazier might have been the best pick.

So the question is- is Watkins>Ebron+next years 1st? I hope so, I have faith in Whaley.

That's why I always said it was a good trade. Watkins is likely going to be better than Ebron and X, considering that about half of the first rounders are somewhat busts.

Let's take it a step further. Most people agree that a #2 this year is equal to a #1 next year. How about Watkins for Ebron and Kujo? ;)

That's why I always said it was a good trade. Watkins is likely going to be better than Ebron and X, considering that about half of the first rounders are somewhat busts.

Let's take it a step further. Most people agree that a #2 this year is equal to a #1 next year. How about Watkins for Ebron and Kujo? ;)

...That's a terrifying 1-2 punch. This board would have imploded by now had that come to pass.

You're assuming Watkins won't be a bust. Detroit went through a string of drafting "can't-miss" WRs in the 1st before getting a great one. And, with the premise that half 1st rounders are busts, you have twice the chance of not get a bust if you draft 2 (2014 & 2015) than just 1 (2014).

Ebron, at least according to the Bills.

Eric Ebron is a bust.

he can't catch and isn't special in any physical category.

he is just a guy.

If the Bills were gonna take Ebron it would have been like not having a 2014 1st.

That makes the trade even better.

You're assuming Watkins won't be a bust. Detroit went through a string of drafting "can't-miss" WRs in the 1st before getting a great one. And, with the premise that half 1st rounders are busts, you have twice the chance of not get a bust if you draft 2 (2014 & 2015) than just 1 (2014).

If you cant see that Watkins doesnt fall in that category I dont even know what to tell you.

Watkins is "special"....he doesnt even fall into the group of very good wrs.....he falls into its only a matter of time before he starts domianting games