Matt Ryan threw for 400+ yds vs Jairus Byrd

In all fairness to Byrd, he's not used to playing this early in the season.

The guy is a monster on a balanced hours schedule.

:lol:

I will say, this thread turned out to be good for some pretty funny zingers.

I bet if Byrd was still playing for us, he'd have intercepted the pass that AW got called for PI.

Am I doing this right?

I understand how you guys think it's foolish to blame Byrd for a sieve defense (after all there are 10 other defenders out there)...I'll keep that in mind next time Chandler plays poorly, or EJ, or Spiller, or Gilmore.....

I understand how you guys think it's foolish to blame Byrd for a sieve defense (after all there are 10 other defenders out there)...I'll keep that in mind next time Chandler plays poorly, or EJ, or Spiller, or Gilmore.....

You do that.

I wish we had sent Chandler to the Saints instead of Byrd. Then they could've moved Jimmy Graham to WR...it would've been perfect!

On that we agree.

He was brought in to stop Matt Ryan.

He did not.

He has another chance.

Really? He was brought in for one purpose: Matt Ryan? Did Matt catch any passes?

He was brought in to stop Matt Ryan.

He did not.

He has another chance.

That's the first time I've ever heard that and I live in New Orleans.

He was brought in to create turnovers and today he had the saints only one. Neither defense looked great, and he made mistakes but he also made a big play.

Signing new FA defensive players rarely works out the first season. It normally hurts the team they left more than it helps the team they sign with. I suspect the Saints' pass defense will improve as time goes on but I'm not at all surprised they got shredded today.

Corey Graham...

Oh and Bryce Paup, Ted Washington, Chris Speilman, Takeo Spikes and Lawyer Milloy

He also whiffed badly on a potential tackle that led to a huge TD for the Falcons. It was one of the highlights they showed on NFL network, but they mentioned Byrd by name. Not trying to bash the guy, but I believe the Bills made the right call. It was too much money for a safety. He did make a nice play on Jones forcing a fumble in the red zone.

Edited by xsoldier54

I have no animosity toward SJ13....I do have a problem with a guy (and his agent) who wants to play for a winner (as opposed to Buffalo) and loses. If he plays in the secondary and 400+ yards were thrown against "his" squad, so be it.

i have a problem with a guy who fakes being hurt for 6 weeks to make point. screw him, i hope he hurts his PF for real this year.

Plantar facitis is real. I've had it and it hurts. Strangely I managed to take a few pain killers and play soccer without my leg falling off. Jairus would rather sit.

a lot of people have had it, but you don't develop a 2month case of it in the off-season when the goal is recuperation. i have giuded a lot of really good athletes through that injury and it just didn't happen the way he said it did.

i have a problem with a guy who fakes being hurt for 6 weeks to make point. screw him, i hope he hurts his PF for real this year.

a lot of people have had it, but you don't develop a 2month case of it in the off-season when the goal is recuperation. i have giuded a lot of really good athletes through that injury and it just didn't happen the way he said it did.

Yea, I call bs too, it just was to dam convenient for him!

He also whiffed badly on a potential tackle that led to a huge TD for the Falcons. It was one of the highlights they showed on NFL network, but they mentioned Byrd by name. Not trying to bash the guy, but I believe the Bills made the right call. It was too much money for a safety. He did make a nice play on Jones forcing a fumble in the red zone.

It wasn't the Bills' call, but if it had been, they made the correct choice. It's a simple matter of value.