Report: Harbaugh losing locker room in SF

YoloinOhio

agreed. But he wanted the UM job reportedly while at Stanford and they decided to go with Hoke. I think it is his dream job and they would pay him anything he wants to go there.

He is a mega control/power freak and that works really well in college where the football coach runs the show from every aspect.

And additionally where the players turn over even faster. His schtick won't have as much time to wear thin on guys.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon would have zero effect on Harbaugh choosing to coach here.

For the life of me I'll never understand why some folks have a need to insist that Brandon makes personnel decisions; he doesn't.

Right now all he does that affects coaching hires is set the budget, and even that will go away when Pegula takes over.

It's not just about personnel decisions. Harbaugh would be able to choose between several NFL organizations... and like any other top-notch candidate, he would most likely steer clear of a proven loser like Russ Brandon. Now, if Brandon is completely out of the picture, say back in marketing... maybe.

agreed. But he wanted the UM job reportedly while at Stanford and they decided to go with Hoke. I think it is his dream job and they would pay him anything he wants to go there.

He is a mega control/power freak and that works really well in college where the football coach runs the show from every aspect.

He's gotten a taste of NFL, you might be right that he covets the UM job. That program sure needs something, hasn't been the same since Carr left.

This isn't college. At least half of an NFL roster are grown men with families. The NFL is their job. Acting like an overbearing blowhard trying to intimidate players doesn't get you respect in this league.

Yep. The "Oh crap, I'm gonna be in trouble with coach!" mentality probably doesn't live in the hearts and minds of most NFL players.

Being strong and bombastic is one thing, but I get the sense that Harbaugh is a condescending ass.

It's not just about personnel decisions. Harbaugh would be able to choose between several NFL organizations... and like any other top-notch candidate, he would most likely steer clear of a proven loser like Russ Brandon. Now, if Brandon is completely out of the picture, say back in marketing... maybe.

That's basically how it is now, with the football budget being the lone exception.

Whaley makes all the football calls...Russ could veto him if he wanted to, but it's incredibly unlikely.

Regardless, I think if Harbaugh leaves it would be to go to Michigan.

That's basically how it is now, with the football budget being the lone exception.

Whaley makes all the football calls...Russ could veto him if he wanted to, but it's incredibly unlikely.

Regardless, I think if Harbaugh leaves it would be to go to Michigan.

Well then if/when Marrone is fired, I would introduce Brandon to the next HC only after he is hired.

The only flaw in that logic is that Brandon has actually been very good at his job. His time at GM was basically a misnomer since he made no personnel decisions. His job in keeping the team profitable outside of shared revenue had gained him respect throughout the league (especially amongst owners).

He's not a "proven loser" in the slightest.

The only flaw in that logic is that Brandon has actually been very good at his job. His time at GM was basically a misnomer since he made no personnel decisions. His job in keeping the team profitable outside of shared revenue had gained him respect throughout the league (especially amongst owners).

He's not a "proven loser" in the slightest.

You are entitled to your opinion. ;)

Every time I see Jim Har-blowhard antics on the sidelines, it brings back memories of when Jimbo was working for ESPN and was sent to interview Har-blow (where he was and at what capacity I don't recall-Browns?).

As the conversation progressed they wound up getting into a fistfight, Jimbo jumped behind the table and kicked the sh*t out of him.....kind of ended Jimbo's ESPN's career as a interviewer. Har-blow was always an A** hole.

:beer:

@RapSheet: From #GameDayMorning: #49ers sources believe coach Jim Harbaugh is already losing the locker room Veterans wonder: Is he really all in?

@RapSheet: #49ers coach Jim Harbaugh irked some veterans by taking the team to Baltimore for days to practice against his brother. Just 1 example

Sweet my plan is coming to fruition; Harbaugh leaves and is hired by Pegula ... MWAHAHAHA

Michigan is certainly second guessing the Hoke decision by now. I'm also a Notre Dame fan that has always liked Michigan and would like to see them, and the Big 10 in general, return to prominence. I think Harbaugh would be great at UM.