Week 1: Bears' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

Just saw Cutler live press conference on NFL Network...he had some surprising things to say.

Bills defense over rated, feels they are weak in secondary with out Byrd back there.

EJ does not look like an NFL ready QB, the Bears defense should dominate the game...good shot in the arm for a beaten down bunch

He really only expects to play a little into 3rd quarter, game should be well in hand and that point.

Jeez, according to everyone out there, why are we even playing this game!!

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Cutler live press conference on NFL Network...he had some surprising things to say.

Bills defense over rated, feels they are weak in secondary with out Byrd back there.

EJ does not look like an NFL ready QB, the Bears defense should dominate the game...good shot in the arm for a beaten down bunch

He really only expects to play a little into 3rd quarter, game should be well in hand and that point.

Similar sentiment was there prior to last year's home opener, and it came to the last play. The 2014 Bills are better than the 2013 Bills, and the opponent is not as formidable. The only difference is playing on the road. I don't know why people are so overconfident.

Similar sentiment was there prior to last year's home opener, and it came to the last play. The 2014 Bills are better than the 2013 Bills, and the opponent is not as formidable. The only difference is playing on the road. I don't know why people are so overconfident.

Bears are a first half team. They've started hot like four years in a row or something.

It's a combination of respect for the potent Chicago offense, no belief in the ability of the Bills' offense to keep up, and it being a road game for Buffalo.

This can't be real

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 11m

Bills vs. Bears 2014: analyzing Chicago's dynamic passing offense http://www.buffaloru...effery …

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd just like to point out that in two games against the Bears with Cutler last season, Schwartz's Lions held them to 16 points through the first 3 quarters of the first game (allowing Lions to go up 40-16) and 19 points total in the second game. Cutler had 4 INTs over those two games.

I think Schwartz has Cutler's number and he'll be calling it all day long on Sunday.

I'd just like to point out that in two games against the Bears with Cutler last season, Schwartz's Lions held them to 16 points through the first 3 quarters of the first game (allowing Lions to go up 40-16) and 19 points total in the second game. Cutler had 4 INTs over those two games.

I think Schwartz has Cutler's number and he'll be calling it all day long on Sunday.

I keep coming back to this as reassurance. I think our D is more talented overall than Detroit's - I worry about Preston a little but great DL play can help him a good deal. Come on Schwartzy - throw the kitchen sink at this dude! Edited by YoloinOhio

This can't be real

Yeah, I just went back and watched it, he didn't say any of this, and barely anything about the BIlls at all.

on a Schwartz led defense: really good d line, minimal extra pressure but difficult to stop, expecting different looks, will not be easy

on first game: excitement for home opener, but need to treat it like any other game

i didn't hear him say anything negative about the Bills

Edited by Captain Caveman

Yeah, I just went back and watched it, he didn't say any of this, and barely anything about the BIlls at all.

on a Schwartz led defense: really good d line, minimal extra pressure but difficult to stop, expecting different looks, will not be easy

on first game: excitement for home opener, but need to treat it like any other game

i didn't hear him say anything negative about the Bills

Media day was yesterday and he said nothing of the sort.

Just saw Cutler live press conference on NFL Network...he had some surprising things to say. Bills defense over rated, feels they are weak in secondary with out Byrd back there. EJ does not look like an NFL ready QB, the Bears defense should dominate the game...good shot in the arm for a beaten down bunch He really only expects to play a little into 3rd quarter, game should be well in hand and that point. Jeez, according to everyone out there, why are we even playing this game!!

I'm referencing the 1st post above

What I wrote was from the NFL Network at around 2:40 this afternoon (EST)

Not directed at yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Preview from the Bears side:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/9/3/6102205/pleased-to-meet-you-week-1-buffalo-bills

They forgot about Mike Williams, Marquise Goodwin, and Bryce Brown.

Thought it was evident I wa being sarcastic, sorry. When is the last time a QB ever said anything not cliche in one of these press conferences before a game?

Speaking of which, EJ on with Kiwin and Miller at 430, he will say nothing as well

It was evident... but then the other posts after it for some reason made me think there was a possibility it could be true. But still, you're right, it would never happen.

@buffalobills

.@CJSPILLER on returning kicks: "I'm not worried about wear and tear on my body. I get massages. I'm young."

Hard not to be a fan of this happy go lucky guy...

Did he really say all that??

I thought you were supposed to at least act as if you respect your opponent in the pros.

I was thinking this too. Schwarz swept trestmann last year with a sub par team and knows cutler as well as just about anyone we could have running the defense.

It's an angle to the matchup that's underplayed, especially the way Schwarz raved about the secondary he inheiretrd over what he's worked with in the past.