Week 1: Bears' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

.@EWood70: "When any of those 4 RBs come into the huddle, I have a ton of confidence in them"it

How crazy would it be to have 4 RBs on the field at the same time?

Backs are in the M the handoff is to... Freddy, I mean CJ, I mean Boobie, no it's play action to Bryce Brown...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills' Injury Report

Jay Cutler: "We'll have our hands full" <1:54>

Bears QB Jay Cutler addressed the media via conference call to set up Sunday's game against the Bills.

Marc Trestman: "We saw progress" in EJ Manuel <2:49>

Bears Head Coach Marc Trestman addressed the media via conference call to preview Sunday's game against the Bills.

Sammy Watkins: "I'm excited" for Season Opener <2:43>

Bills rookie wide receiver Sammy Watkins discusses his injury, his status for the season opener in Chicago, and the confidence in quarterback EJ Manuel.

@AdamBenigni

Today's #Bills vs. #Bears preview with @salmaiorana from Orchard Park. @wgrz http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/09/03/qb-manuels-focus-straight-ahead/15046729/ …

@AdamBenigni

Early #Bills pre #Bears coverage from @JonahJavad and @john_wawrow @wgrz http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/09/03/bills-manuel-out-to-prove-himself-in-second-year/15039999/ …

Doug Marrone on Sammy Watkins' Status <5:24>

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about talks about the status of Sammy Watkins for Sunday's game and what he expects to be better.

EJ Manuel "He's Been a Big Help" <8:05>

Quarterback EJ Manuel talks about getting ready for the Chicago Bears in the season opener and who has helped him this week.

Bills Roundup: Watkins Practices, Preps for Bears <4:39>

Chris Brown and John Murphy recap Wednesday's news and notes as the Bills prepare to head to Chicago to face the Bears.

Daryl Johnston: "I'm excited to see where EJ is" <11:30>

Fox Color Analyst Daryl "Moose" Johnston joined The John Murphy Show to preview Sunday's game in Chicago. He talked about EJ Manuel, the defense under Jim Schwartz, and his relationship with Doug Marrone.

Hmm interesting take, but why BB?

I can't see a need to have four RBs and a FB active on Sunday.

My guess at Bills Inactives for Week 1

29 Ross Cockrell CB

33 Ron Brooks CB

35 Bryce Brown RB

36 Jonathan Meeks S

54 Jacquies Smith DE

58 Randell Johnson WLB

71 Cyrus Kouandjio RT

85 Lee Smith TE

lee smith will be active for a few reasons. Blocking on special teams, backup long snapping and heis our only rEAL backup TE

No real surprise here:

@mikerodak

All 12 of our ESPN NFL experts are picking the Bears over the Bills this weekend: http://es.pn/IUlv0y

lee smith will be active for a few reasons. Blocking on special teams, backup long snapping and heis our only rEAL backup TE

Like others have posted, I expect him to be out with the injury.

@ChrisBrownBills

RB Anthony Dixon (hamstring) & LB Brandon Spikes (knee) added to injury report Thursday. Marrone says Dixon injury "a concern." #Bills

@buffalobills

RB @Boobie24Dixon (hamstring) and LB Brandon Spikes (knee) were limited. Sammy Watkins (ribs) a full participant again.

Marrone on kick returners: "We have 3 guys who could start anywhere. If we can take a lick off (a player), we'll take a lick off"

Marrone on Kyle Orton: "He's really coming along well" Calm, controlled demeanor & a veteran presence.

Marrone: "Preston Brown (@PB_Number2) reminds me of Kiko last year." The Legend continues.

Marrone: "Nigel Bradham (@NigelBradham_13) is probably the most improved player on our football team ... We'll miss him this first game"

Marrone on @ChicagoBears RB Matt Forte: "I think he's outstanding ... What CAN'T he do?" Remembers him from Tulane while he was OC in NOLA.

Marrone: "@robertwoods has stepped it up quite a bit"

@MatthewFairburn

Lee Smith was out with a toe. Meeks, Dixon and Spikes were all limited. Gilmore and Watkins practiced in full.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

CBS Sports Bills at Bears Game Preview: http://www.cbssports...0140907_BUF@CHI

Although the Chicago Bears possess all the makings of an elite offense, turning around their defensive incompetence appears to be a necessity if they're going to make a run at the playoffs.

After making several moves to fix those holes, the Bears hope to see major improvement on that side of the ball as they look to win their sixth straight home opener Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, who haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years.