Week 1: Bears' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

@salmaiorana

Sammy Watkins is on the #bills practice field today. Running routes. Team is in helmets, shoulder pads and shorts

@salmaiorana

Sammy Watkins on the indoor field. He looks fine, but ribs are a tricky thing. pic.twitter.com/EwZaRXy78v

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills DBs going through a bit of a walk through. Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin aren't out there with the 1s

It's Gilmore and Graham at CB, Robey at nickel, Duke Williams and Searcy at safety. #Bills

It is only Wednesday, so perhaps they're just limiting 23 and 21. #Bills

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

Sammy Watkins (ribs) was a full participant in practice today, Stephon Gilmore (groin) was limited. #BUFvsCHI

Doug Marrone optimistic on all three phases: "We expect everything to be better"

Marrone: mentions @ChicagoBears RB Matt Forte among @nfl's best backs. "We'll have to have a lot of guys around the ball" #gangtackle

Marrone: "Does @CJSPILLER makes us more explosive? Absolutely!" #CJGoBoom

Marrone on #Bills OL: "We couldn't get the best five out there until Cordy came back ... They'll get better and better as the year goes on"

Marrone: "@CaveManMike19 has been very, very good for this football team"

Marrone on @CJSPILLER as KOR, @Fred22Jackson listed as PR: "As much as we can get our playmakers out there, we'll do that"

.@EJManuel3: "There's always pressure. This is the @nfl."

.@EJManuel3: Has been watching Bears film for nearly two weeks. Began shifting his focus late in the preseason.

.@EJManuel3 on the playbook: "There's a bunch of formations and gadgets we've added for this game. It's a true gameplan week." #kitchensink

.@EJManuel3 on not being named a captain: "You have to earn your stripes in the NFL. I'll use it for motivation."

.@sammywatkins: "I'm ready to play. When I'm out there, I don't feel it."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rich Gannon predicted 6-10 today on Sirius, and his partner Bruce Murray predicted 3-13. I like Gannon, but when his analysis of the defense begins and ends with "Kiko was a huge loss" and then downgrades the offense because "I didn't like what I saw in preseason" it's really hard to imagine he did any in-depth research.

As for Murray, he couldn't answer the question from Gannon as to why he had the Bills winning three fewer games than last year when it was the second year for the HC and QB so there should be some growth. Murray just said, "I tried to find wins on the schedule and can't make the math work." :cry:

For the record both had the Pats* at 12-4 and both think the Jets could be 10-6. Gannon had the Fish at 8-8 and Murray had them at 4-12.

Rich Gannon predicted 6-10 today on Sirius, and his partner Bruce Murray predicted 3-13. I like Gannon, but when his analysis of the defense begins and ends with "Kiko was a huge loss" and then downgrades the offense because "I didn't like what I saw in preseason" it's really hard to imagine he did any in-depth research.

As for Murray, he couldn't answer the question from Gannon as to why he had the Bills winning three fewer games than last year when it was the second year for the HC and QB so there should be some growth. Murray just said, "I tried to find wins on the schedule and can't make the math work." :cry:

For the record both had the Pats* at 12-4 and both think the Jets could be 10-6. Gannon had the Fish at 8-8 and Murray had them at 4-12.

Gannon is not very bright. Makes Phil Simms sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

Gannon is not very bright. Makes Phil Simms sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

I disagree -- he is very good on Sundays analyzing what is happening on the field. I don't like him as much in the studio, because I think he's a bit lazy.

Maybe Rodak isn't as big of a negative Nancy as people think.

Projects Bills go 7-9, while the field pegs Bills at 3-13. 7-9 is reasonable with the 2014 schedule and the questions going into the season. Tough stretch to end the season, though.

That's because Rodak actually knows who plays for the Bills other than EJ Manuel, unlike the other guys.

Has anyone trolled the Bears boards? Are people taking us for granted or are they at least a little concerned about any aspect of our team?

Btw- even if EJ is exactly the same as last year, there is no way we go 3-13. That's completely ridiculous with this roster. If EJ hit literally three makeable passes- Williams in hall of fame game; Woods v. Tampa and Woods v. Detroit- in preseason we wouldn't be so down on them heading into the opener. 7-9 or 9-7 is completely realistic.