Shower Boy ~ Redux

The wife and I went down to meet with a detective at the city police department today. We made it clear that we were giving him information about Shower Boy and crew, not because we were prepared to file charges, but because we were concerned about his safety and the safety of others in the house (and obviously our safety). The officer was very kind and listened to the details of our story, and then informed us that the police were aware that something "fishy" was happening at the house. He also mentioned that other neighbors have called with complaints, and that they were "keeping an eye" on the property. He didn't say it directly, but it sounded as if they were waiting for the right opportunity to bust the house. He asked us if we wanted to proceed with filing a restraining order and we declined. I figure if he comes over again, we may need to go that route.

I think we did the right thing. At the very least, if one of the dope-heads gets lippy or aggressive with the wife and I have to cave someone's face in, it will be documented that we made the complaint. I honestly hope the kid does not get arrested and thrown in jail. That is the last thing he needs. If the police do bust the house, I hope it leads to him getting help.

Oh, Shower Boy....

Is your neighborhood one where you would actually notice whether or not the cops were keeping an eye on the place?

Is your neighborhood one where you would actually notice whether or not the cops were keeping an eye on the place?

It's funny you say that because for the past few weeks we have noticed what we believe to be unmarked police cars slowing down as they pass by the house. Also, the police have been there 3 or 4 times to break up parties and other disturbances.

My neighborhood is actually very nice. Mostly middle/upper-middle class families and retired folks. This house sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl. Very nice house, but full of creepy crawlies.

When was the last time you checked the back of your toilet (ie: tank)?

Over 20 years ago, @ work, our comfort station (public washrooms) were being visited by Hippies. They were really trashing the place, cleaning up in the sinks, heck taking baths in the sink... Really pissing off the 2nd shift who's responsibility is clean that area. So, the old Lockmaster went in there and opened the back of the toilets and found drugs stashed in plastic... He ditched the stuff by throwing the drugs into the river. Gee, that's environmentally sound! Anyway, make a long story short... The druggies came back, didn't find their sh*t... Got real mad and smashed the whole place... Breaking the water closets and the basins... They never came back after that.

I think we did the right thing.

There's one simple way to knowing if you did or not:

Ask yourself, if he's found tomorrow dead with a needle in his arm, will you feel guilty for not having doing more?

If the answer is "No, I'll be upset...but I did all I could," then you did the right thing.

The wife and I went down to meet with a detective at the city police department today. We made it clear that we were giving him information about Shower Boy and crew, not because we were prepared to file charges, but because we were concerned about his safety and the safety of others in the house (and obviously our safety). The officer was very kind and listened to the details of our story, and then informed us that the police were aware that something "fishy" was happening at the house. He also mentioned that other neighbors have called with complaints, and that they were "keeping an eye" on the property. He didn't say it directly, but it sounded as if they were waiting for the right opportunity to bust the house. He asked us if we wanted to proceed with filing a restraining order and we declined. I figure if he comes over again, we may need to go that route.

I think we did the right thing. At the very least, if one of the dope-heads gets lippy or aggressive with the wife and I have to cave someone's face in, it will be documented that we made the complaint. I honestly hope the kid does not get arrested and thrown in jail. That is the last thing he needs. If the police do bust the house, I hope it leads to him getting help.

Oh, Shower Boy....

I think the police think you're Dr. Feelgood.

I tend to give off that vibe, Gugs.

Oh Johnny. I'm so glad you opened up a new thread to update us on this. I wanted to post this in the first thread but by the time I sobered up, it was locked.

The next time he shows up on your doorstep, give him THIS (NSFW) vibe!

Oh Johnny. I'm so glad you opened up a new thread to update us on this. I wanted to post this in the first thread but by the time I sobered up, it was locked.

The next time he shows up on your doorstep, give him THIS (NSFW) vibe!

Haha...that still cracks me up every time I watch it.

Well I was hoping he'd do the neighborly thing and offer to let me use his shower, but apparently he's going to make me beg.

Sorry, the "neighborly thing" has been used up here at the Hammersticks household. There is a lovely hostel downtown, however, and I hear their water temperature is stellar. If you want to stop by and do something less creepy...like say...have a beer and do some hot oil wrestling. PM me.

Sorry, the "neighborly thing" has been used up here at the Hammersticks household. There is a lovely hostel downtown, however, and I hear their water temperature is stellar. If you want to stop by and do something less creepy...like say...have a beer and do some hot oil wrestling. PM me.

So one druggie screws it up for the rest of us? :rolleyes: