TBDAHOT #15 Food list

Just Jack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make Apple 'shine... If that's what the people want, I can throw it together... I have recently elected to not partake in it's consumption as I lose my filter and tend to become aggressive... I don't like it when I'm an !@#$...

Serious questions here.

Hey CC... When you say "I lose my filter"... What does that mean? I never heard that before. How does one type of alcohol do that (aggression) over other types (like beer, wine, etc...)?

I am curious. I have had to deal with alcoholism in my family where some really nice people sober could turn into aggressive d-bags... But I never seen it selectively jump between different types of alcohol. Is it the strength and amount of alcohol that's in the 'shine and the hard liquor that takes things over the top too quickly?

Remember the beer we had @ The Red Lion... That beer had 10% per volume... Which is usually double a normal brew. Of course, they are easy to drink and one doesn't want to get hammered too quickly so they are stumbling all around. Does the strength and "quickness" of the alcohol really "change" people?

Is that what you mean by "filter?"

Serious questions here.

Hey CC... When you say "I lose my filter"... What does that mean? I never heard that before. How does one type of alcohol do that (aggression) over other types (like beer, wine, etc...)?

I am curious. I have had to deal with alcoholism in my family where some really nice people sober could turn into aggressive d-bags... But I never seen it selectively jump between different types of alcohol. Is it the strength and amount of alcohol that's in the 'shine and the hard liquor that takes things over the top too quickly?

Remember the beer we had @ The Red Lion... That beer had 10% per volume... Which is usually double a normal brew. Of course, they are easy to drink and one doesn't want to get hammered too quickly so they are stumbling all around. Does the strength and "quickness" of the alcohol really "change" people?

Is that what you mean by "filter?"

Typically what is meant by a "filter" is the ability for a person to control his or her words and/or actions - the rational ability to think about consequences or appropriateness before doing or saying something they normally wouldn't.

Typically what is meant by a "filter" is the ability for a person to control his or her words and/or actions - the rational ability to think about consequences or appropriateness before doing or saying something they normally wouldn't.

Thanks Jay! I honestly never heard that term before. Anyway, I think I need to go check mind to see if it is dirty! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Don't know what it is about shine- but there is probably a 75% chance that if I consume it, I will be making phone calls the next day apologizing for my actions... Lol- I hate doing that, so I just don't drink it... Wish I could have realized the cause of those actions a little quicker, but better late than never- hahaha

Truck is nearly loaded for the trip. I gotta get back to a few of you on meat.

I also had to replace my phone recently. I thought I had it backed up correctly with phone numbers but half of my numbers were with Verizon and half with Google - so I lost a bunch of numbers including many of ya'll. I will put my number up closer to the game for any who do not have it.

We will not be at the opener. The Stromboli will be.

I got your PM, rough day yesterday and didn't get a chance to reply. Am glad to see that everything is alright!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a crash course in the use of the tailgate oven from the Stromboli King yesterday. I will have the breakfast stromboli ready to go at first light!

Anything I can do to help - lemme know.

baby decided not to wait. Arrived at 2:10 am

I am hoping this means you can stop by the TBDHOT.

Congrats to the Grandparents! Hopefully the whole family is doing well.

We know he likes wine but we could always bring some cigars! :lol:

I make Apple 'shine... If that's what the people want, I can throw it together... I have recently elected to not partake in it's consumption as I lose my filter and tend to become aggressive... I don't like it when I'm an !@#$...

I have some Apple Pie moonshine - the same as last year that I will probably throw in the truck. I am not worried about you becoming aggressive.

"Anything I can do to help - lemme know."

Thanks jboyst for the offer! Should be good to go, but I will certainly take you up on your offer if I get in the weeds. Looking forward to meeting you and picking your brain about your home state. The wife and I are thinking of moving that way a few years down the road.

Edited by Flutie Flakes