This is a post to give you hope!

Having hope is fine. Like the OP, I've seen a LOT from the first team defense. They've fixed their biggest problem last season in terms of stopping the run and making the other team throw the ball to move the chains. They've also put pressure on opposing QB's and had a lot of 3 and outs. That's all good stuff and what we wanted to see changed from last year. Enter the offense. We hoped that EJ would be more accurate and go through his reads quicker this season. Hasn't happened. He takes too long to go through his progressions and we've seen him sacked a lot as a result. We hoped to see a red zone offense improve from their 31st ranking last season. Also hasn't happened. They've in fact had the worst red zone offense of any team in the NFL in the preseason. Last night, they couldn't even make it into the red zone once on 13 possessions. The defense looks really good, but will they be able to carry an offense that has been inept at every level? I'm not sure.

This roster with our QB's... 4-12

This roster with a top 10 QB.... 16-0.

This roster with a 11- 15th Ranked QB. 9-7 maybe 10-6

The part the gets me is, management knew this too. Yet they did not even draft a QB just in case Manuel flamed out. Who would not trade our current 2nd Round pick for any other drafted QB available at the time.

This roster is 16-0 with a top 10 QB, but the same QB as last year will actually make the roster worse than the 6-10 team.

Makes perfect sense....

This roster with our QB's... 4-12

This roster with a top 10 QB.... 16-0.

This roster with a 11- 15th Ranked QB. 9-7 maybe 10-6

The part the gets me is, management knew this too. Yet they did not even draft a QB just in case Manuel flamed out. Who would not trade our current 2nd Round pick for any other drafted QB available at the time.

I was not in favor of drafting another QB high last year. But Garropollo looks really sharp. And I feel sick. We could have had him along with the rest, and minus Kouandjio. F$#@

Part of me hopes Bon Jovi gets the team and moves them. Then I believe my curse will end. And I can stop following this team.

That has to do with the QB, not the OL

That "part" of you is called an ****, and we don't need any more of those following this team.

It's Friday man I'm just being sarcastic. It's really sad these guys look so crappy now.

I think the talent and skill to be a good team is there. Coach will either get it out of them or we are going to enter another cycle of roster and coaching overhaul.... Which I frankly don't want to see because we've been hitting reset for far too long.

People take themselves soooo seriously.

TBD....Need the sarcasm font still.....

I am super positive, positive we aren't going to know jack about this team until they play a bunch of games that matter.

Easy...we are on the same side. Perhaps the long over due sarcasm font would have saved this misunderstanding, but please forgive us for confusing your statement with the typical drivel posted hear.

I agree with your point on games that matter, that's why my original points were just facts, not some silly EJ's first ten games versus JK's first ten.

And to be clear, there may have never been a man that takes himself, or anybody, less serious than I.

This roster is 16-0 with a top 10 QB, but the same QB as last year will actually make the roster worse than the 6-10 team.

Makes perfect sense....

Just go down the roster position by position in comparison to the Pats, Seahawks, 49's, Saints, Denver,...

Sure some positions on other teams have great players, but not as many good players. We even have a few great ones. Move the QB from Pats, Seahawks, 49's, Saints, or Denver to Buffalo... and I dare you to say this is not a championship team. :bag:

1. We face last nights opponent in week 5, last night was a match up of who could show the least from a coaching perspective. Additionally, last weeks opponent runs a similar defense to our week one opponent, so I feel similarly about that contest. Sure, the players still need to win their position battles, and they did not, but if you are intentionally not put in the best position to win from a coaching stand point, it makes some sense that you don't.

2. We played a QB last night that had not been on the team for 4 full days yet. Please. I know Marrone says winning in the PS is important, but if it were, Tuel would have played last night.

3. Our defense is stout!

4. EJ is experiencing a full training camp and going into a game healthy, both for the first time in his career. This does not make him more accurate or give him quicker decision making, but it is a positive.

5. If a better back-up option is available, I am sure the Bills will do what they can, this administration has shown this in the past. There are none(Tebow included) at this point.

I for one choose not to buy into the Chicken Little's of the Buffalo sports world, and furthermore I feel they are hurting our image with players and coaches. People wonder what got into Marrone this summer in terms of his gruffness with the media. Well go back and listen to the questions being asked, day after day, another question from the press trying to elicit a response that equals him saying he has less confidence in EJ. If I had to answer that question daily, I too would be gruff. The speculative nature of the coverage of this team is also a problem for me, as being stonewalled on a question must mean something more!

Weather we like to admit it or not, players hear what is said and pay attention to how they are treated by the local media and fans. See the tweet of Goodwin from last week. It is a different era today; Would the bills of the 90's survived the building years of the late 80's in today's blanket coverage, knee jerk reaction-ism society we live in today. Would those players, legendary partiers to say the least, have survived had cell phones and social media existed then? Doubtfully as unscathed as they did.

I am far from a Pollyanna, but would fight on her side against the Chicken little's every day, and twice on Sunday's...unless it is the Thursday night game, then it will be twice on Thusdays!

PS:The title of this thread is for all you Mason Jennings fans.

No sir, we are a laughing irrelevancy in the NFL because of a decade and half (or more) of ineptitude starting at the very top with the owner of the team.

Start running this organization professionally and you'll be amazed at how much respect we get from around the league.

Cutler does suck - so if EJ doesn't throw lots of picks or do stupid things and the game ends 12-9 then we might actually win!

Guys, their O-Line is not great, but better. They have the best or top 3 WR tandem in the league, and Culter streaks either positive or negative. What helps us is their defense sucked last year and is a good tune up for a struggling EJ with a weak secondary. They were relatively weak against the run. We win as always as EJ doesn't screw up, our defense plays lights out ( and i think they can but our secondary will really be challenged against those guys), and our O-Line figures it out and we run the ball down their throat. all of those things can happen, but EJ has to step up and just manage the game. We need just a couple of intermediate to longer throws to push them back at 15 yards or so and hope for some YAC. That is very possible with Mike williams and if Sammy's ribs are healed.