Bears Fans' Week 1 Breakdown

I think a fan of any team outside of Buffalo thinks the Bills are an easy win because the Bills haven’t been to the playoffs in 14 years and have hovered around 6-10 for many of those 14 years. So, if the Bills were to beat the Bears in Week 1, almost all of the Bears fans will be devastated and not have any faith in their team as they lost to a Bills team that most feel has been a perennial loser for over a decade.

I think a fan of any team outside of Buffalo thinks the Bills are an easy win because the Bills haven’t been to the playoffs in 14 years and have hovered around 6-10 for many of those 14 years. So, if the Bills were to beat the Bears in Week 1, almost all of the Bears fans will be devastated and not have any faith in their team as they lost to a Bills team that most feel has been a perennial loser for over a decade.

My thoughts exactly. For the most part, their fans were fair though.

Certainly fans of teams outside of our conference, or even division really, won't know too much about our squad. They don't realize we were 2nd in both sacks and INTs last year. A poster cited Woods not being able to outplay Hogan, which we know is not the case. We don't have 3 #1 WRs at this point, but a 1 and two top-tier 2's.

They do know our O has been abysmal and I really hope we don't look like that at Soldier Field. If we really are playing vanilla on purpose, fine, but they don't have everyone's trust yet and that's why there's been all this clamoring.

Always interesting to hear what they think. A lot of it, I can't disagree with. However, that one dude who says we're not even close to the top of the Dline rankings needs to learn a few things about our Dline.

He will change his opinion about the Bills D line.

Cutler went 5-6 last year, and the Bears were just destroyed by the Seahawks D. Cutler played about as well as EJ.

The Bills have a shot if they can get it together before the opener

There are going to be some very surprised and depressed Bears fans after week one. I am not really sure why Bills fans are not more positive about this game. The Bills match up well here and have the better team overall. Better on both lines, much better defense. The "Cutler advantage" here is overblown. I could easily see a 5 sack, 3 interception performance from Jay. This will be a tough game, but I think it is a win with a strong running game and efficient performance from EJ.

My thoughts exactly. For the most part, their fans were fair though.

For the most part, they have no idea what they are talking about.

I see it going much like the KC opening of a few years ago. Wish the whole season would go like that. Not sure why, but see a big win for the Bills.

I just see it as a good matchup for Buffalo. The running game dominates and it's downhill for Bears fans from there.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Always interesting to hear what they think. A lot of it, I can't disagree with. However, that one dude who says we're not even close to the top of the Dline rankings needs to learn a few things about our Dline.

He gone learn DA DAY! (Kevin Hart voice) well not today but u know what I mean.

I see it going much like the KC opening of a few years ago. Wish the whole season would go like that. Not sure why, but see a big win for the Bills.

I just see it as a good matchup for Buffalo. The running game dominates and it's downhill for Bears fans from there.

I predict they will beat us. But it will not be a blow out. They will then get beat badly by san fran.

We will bounce back the following week vs Miami.