Please watch this! Especially at 2:45

PO'14

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams kept saying it was preseason at the beginning of that to downplay the fact that he was facing his former team.

Funny how teams always say they were holding back after a performance like that in a preseason game.

The fact is this team isn't good enough to hold back and if they are just working on the basics what does it say that they are struggling so much with them?

I have a bridge to sell anyone that is buying this BS

Edited by Max997

Mike Williams kept saying it was preseason at the beginning of that to downplay the fact that he was facing his former team.

Funny how teams always say they were holding back after a performance like that in a preseason game.

The fact is this team isn't good enough to hold back and if they are just working on the basics what does it say that they are struggling so much with them?

I have a bridge to sell anyone that is buying this BS

I have a bridge to sell anyone who thinks they're showing what they have in the preseason. Did you not see the TOTALLY different PLAY CALLING in the third quarter. My 11 year old son could even see it.

please. chris brown is the master of these sorts of leading questions. it's the only way to survive as a buffalobills.com reporter. pretty much every "question" he asks begins with him providing the respondent an answer. it's the most annoying thing ever.

dude was already tweeting the vanilla offense line midway through the game when the fanbase emitted a collective "WTF???" (i cited it in the gameday thread.) he was going to spin the game that way come hell or high water.

i have no idea how good this team will be in the actual season. maybe they'll be fine. maybe the issues were mostly due to missing sammy. i dunno. but to dismiss yesterday's performance as a result of vanilla playcalling seems a bit too easy, methinks. tampa managed to score, and i doubt they were running their opening day offense.

Edited by Dirtbag

I have a bridge to sell anyone who thinks they're showing what they have in the preseason. Did you not see the TOTALLY different PLAY CALLING in the third quarter. My 11 year old son could even see it.

So you're saying they held back in the first half vs the Tampa starters but didn't in the third quarter vs their backups? Yeah that makes complete sense. Keep buying what they're shoveling

And if Tampa is so much like the Bears wouldn't it make sense to use this game to their benefit considering they are a young team that has struggled so much on offense so far?

Again, the it's preseason, vanilla offense, holding back BS is just that, BS

Edited by Max997

What's more important a few gadget plays we don't want our day 1 opponent to see or trying to develop some fluidity and progress on the offense that can give the team a lift heading into the season?

Do we roll out our playbook a page at a time each game so we don't tip off the other teams? Do we have or are able to execute only such a small number of plays that we have to save them? And are those plays really that special? I suppose that must be the case seeing that we presumably ran the same 4 plays in the first half over and over....

Honestly the saving plays is overrated...If you have to have special plays to beat teams that tells you all you need to know about the talent level and capability of the team...

So you're saying they held back in the first half vs the Tampa starters but didn't in the third quarter vs their backups? Yeah that makes complete sense. Keep buying what they're shoveling

Don't have to buy what they're shoveling, I saw different play calling with my own eyes. If you didn't see it I would have to question what you were watching.

Don't have to buy what they're shoveling, I saw different play calling with my own eyes. If you didn't see it I would have to question what you were watching.

If things were so different why did they think it was ok for the third quarter against backups but not in the first against the Tampa starters? Doesn't make any sense.

The fact is there wasn't anything different other then they were playing against backups and were actually able to execute which says a lot about the Bills starters.

Edited by Max997

Unless one of the things we're holding close to the vest is the fact that Marrone, Hackett and Crossman got fired in December and replaced by qualified people then we are not likely to be impressed with the "real" game plans.

Edited by 4merper4mer

What's more important a few gadget plays we don't want our day 1 opponent to see or trying to develop some fluidity and progress on the offense that can give the team a lift heading into the season?

Do we roll out our playbook a page at a time each game so we don't tip off the other teams? Do we have or are able to execute only such a small number of plays that we have to save them? And are those plays really that special? I suppose that must be the case seeing that we presumably ran the same 4 plays in the first half over and over....

Honestly the saving plays is overrated...If you have to have special plays to beat teams that tells you all you need to know about the talent level and capability of the team...

So you also saw the same few plays over and over ? Several poster can,t see it and it was painfully obvious watching it myself. Even Tasker mentioned it before the half. Holding back most of the playbook is a horrible idea. A few plays wouldn't be bad though.

This is the same line of reasoning that's been peddled for the last decade over 4 different coaching staffs. Preseason doesn't matter. Bills don't game plan. The plays are very basic. Why give away the secrets before it's needed. Preseason is for player evaluation only. They'll turn it on when the real play starts.

Yet, if there's a constant over that decade is that preseason ills were a good predictor of what eventually happened in the regular season.

I guess a good question to ask is why did Hackett wait so long in the preseason to actually start calling effective plays? Why couldn't we see more plays like we saw in the 2nd half in the first 3 preseason games?

Did Marrone and Hackett only start calling those plays so the 1st team offense could score on Tampa's backup defense just to try and save face?

I guess a good question to ask is why did Hackett wait so long in the preseason to actually start calling effective plays? Why couldn't we see more plays like we saw in the 2nd half in the first 3 preseason games?

Did Marrone and Hackett only start calling those plays so the 1st team offense could score on Tampa's backup defense just to try and save face?

Exactly

So you also saw the same few plays over and over ? Several poster can,t see it and it was painfully obvious watching it myself. Even Tasker mentioned it before the half. Holding back most of the playbook is a horrible idea. A few plays wouldn't be bad though.

Of course I saw it....

1.) Snap...sack

2.) Snap...run...penalty

3.) Snap...fumble

4.) Snap..Incomplete pass ( Please note - Chandler falling down screwed up the incompletion and caused the INT. The INT was not by design, we are saving that play for Chicago in week 1)

Edited by Reed83HOF