Is now the time to panic?

mannc

It is becoming clearer every day that Whaley/Marrone once again made a huge (and IMO unfathomable) miscalculation by allowing this franchise to enter yet another NFL season without a viable no. 2 QB when there are very serious question marks about the anointed starter. (I maintain that the best solution would have been to use a 4th round or later pick on a QB in last April's draft, but it's too late for that now, if course.).

So the question is, do the Bills try to add another QB to the roster now? If so, who would you have them acquire and how much would it cost? How much would you be willing to pay?

Kyle Orton, Christian Ponder when he gets cut,

Raiders Matt Mcgloin if he gets cut, trade for

Redskins Kirt Cousins. That's are only choices

As I see it.

Is Ponder going to be cut? How much would Cousins cost? A 3d rounder?

There should have been a Plan B put into place t QB and there wasn't.

No 1st round pick in 2015

No proven veteran backup (hello Michael Vick?)

No mid-round draft pick from last year's draft

All eggs are in the EJ basket.

The choice now to create a Plan B are very limited.

If I was Whaley, I'd take a serious look at Ponder (who, if not cut, could be had for lower round pick), Josh Freeman (I know he's looked bad, but, he might have something left) or comb the waiver wire. Options are not good in August, the time to do this was back in March-April

Feel free to panic!

There is no way this coaching staff ends their bromance with Tuel Or Lewis by placing them on the practice squad. Although, I have no idea what they see in those two. It must be something very secretive tho, so other teams in the AFC East don't snatch them right up.

Sok, once new ownership takes over they will hire a competent coaching staff.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Kirk cousins is going nowhere. Especially with how poorly rg3 has been playing. It would be a dream to somehow land him

i tend to agree, but Cousins is doing so well, and RGIII so poorly, that they are headed for a full-blown QB controversy. The problem is that they have too much invested in RGIII to bench him, at least this year. I could see them moving Cousins to avoid that circus. I have also heard rumors that Cousins wants to go somewhere he can start, which would seem to rule out the Bills this year.

This is the earliest I've ever seen the sky fall here at TSW. 3rd PS game and people are jumping out of windows. And before anyone says "14 years of no playoffs will do that to you!" I'll say get over it, to the person that says that there are 31 other teams to pick from that you can root for. For every argument that the sky is falling there's an argument that it's not.

I'm not sold on EJ but I root for him and understand he's young, I'm not sure I like the way our pass D is looking but I hope the gel and get better, I am definitely not sold on Marrone but I'll give him more that 1 season and a few PS games to prove himself.

Let's see where this team is headed before we start "panicking". 1 season and a couple of vanilla PS games is just not enough to start blowing things up.

Let's see where this team is headed before we start "panicking". 1 season and a couple of vanilla PS games is just not enough to start blowing things up.

Not advocating "blowing things up", just adding a competent backup QB to the roster. Has to be done now, if it is going to happen.

This is the earliest I've ever seen the sky fall here at TSW. 3rd PS game and people are jumping out of windows. And before anyone says "14 years of no playoffs will do that to you!" I'll say get over it, to the person that says that there are 31 other teams to pick from that you can root for. For every argument that the sky is falling there's an argument that it's not.

I'm not sold on EJ but I root for him and understand he's young, I'm not sure I like the way our pass D is looking but I hope the gel and get better, I am definitely not sold on Marrone but I'll give him more that 1 season and a few PS games to prove himself.

Hazed,

Don't go using logic around here. That is frowned upon. Other than that...I agree 100%!

BigPappy

Nice perspective, always needed. I do want to say that I root for EVERY player on this team every game. My opinions never impact that. I think most of us feel the same way.

The issue we all have is not experiencing any on the field success for so many years makes us even more anxious to see progress, and when we don't see it (like yesterday), it's human nature to unload our opinions.

I know it's preseason and there is perspective to be respected, however, all of us saw what happened and from what I saw, there is reason to be very concerned about this team this year.