Gang Green

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are always more physical and tougher than us since Rex has been there. I think we have improved in those departments but they still have the edge.

I completely disagree. I think you're understating how physical the Bills are especially with the addition of Spikes.

No self-respecting Bills fan should ever use "cute" nicknames for our division rivals. Using "gang green" is appallingly bad and in poor taste. You can refer to them as the "Jests", "New Jersey" or "gangrene". Similarly, New England should never be called the "Pats" nor should Miami be referred to as the "Phins"; they can be referenced as "cheatriots" or "pox upon humanity"- but not by corny monikers.

No self-respecting Bills fan should ever use "cute" nicknames for our division rivals. Using "gang green" is appallingly bad and in poor taste. You can refer to them as the "Jests", "New Jersey" or "gangrene". Similarly, New England should never be called the "Pats" nor should Miami be referred to as the "Phins"; they can be referenced as "cheatriots" or "pox upon humanity"- but not by corny monikers.

:huh:

:huh:

Isn't a self-respecting Bills fan simply a fan of the Bills who respects himself .... if so (it is so), who cares what they call another team and what affect could it possibly have on his level of fanhood?

I think Belichick is the best coach in football history.

I think Brady is one of the best QBs ever.

I love watching the Pats play football ... because it's good football.

Matt Moore is a better QB than 2/3 (possibly 3/3) of the Bills' QBs and I hope the Phins don't put him in over Tannehill.

My name is Gugny and I am a self-respecting Bills fan. AND I approve of this message.

The gang green is going to have a very hard time covering anyone with that secondary. Worth noting since they face the NFC north WRs, and yeah I'll say it, ours twice.

Yeah, it is looking like it has't improved much from last year, where it was pretty terrible. It's worth noting that Rex relies a lot on man to man coverage.

am I the only one who did not see either if these things the last time they played?

RE: Rex schooling Hackett...

I seem to recall Rex giving a single deep safety to challenge EJ to throw deep. EJ throws a beauty to Graham, who barely gets in. Rex wastes a challenge, sends the same formation on the field and Goodwin torches Cromartie for a TD the very next play. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

Yeah, it is looking like it has't improved much from last year, where it was pretty terrible. It's worth noting that Rex relies a lot on man to man coverage.

RE: Rex schooling Hackett...

I seem to recall Rex giving a single deep safety to challenge EJ to throw deep. EJ throws a beauty to Graham, who barely gets in. Rex wastes a challenge, sends the same formation on the field and Goodwin torches Cromartie for a TD the very next play. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

To be fair, Rex had no reason to believe EJ could throw long especially in those conditions.

To be fair, Rex had no reason to believe EJ could throw long especially in those conditions.

So...you're saying that in adverse weather conditions, EJ Manuel throw back to back nigh perfect long balls in a way that boggled the expectations of one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

I need to save that...

So...you're saying that in adverse weather conditions, EJ Manuel throw back to back nigh perfect long balls in a way that boggled the expectations of one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

I need to save that...

I don't understand your point.

I don't understand your point.

rex assumed that ej did not have the arm strength or accuracy to beat his team deep. either a. rex made a major miscalculation, in which case we can admit that he is not always a prefect almighty defensive coach who completely thrashes our offensive coordinators or b. ej is a shockingly good qb who completely outplayed expectations.

i am ok with either conclusion.

rex assumed that ej did not have the arm strength or accuracy to beat his team deep. either a. rex made a major miscalculation, in which case we can admit that he is not always a prefect almighty defensive coach who completely thrashes our offensive coordinators or b. ej is a shockingly good qb who completely outplayed expectations.

i am ok with either conclusion.

I think both those conclusions are a stretch. EJ struggled with the long ball and Rex gambled that he would continue to struggle. He was wrong and EJ threw some beauties. But I wouldn't call that "shockingly good."