• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the bills were good against NY in the second game last year. However:

3-9 against them since 2008.

In the loss last year EJ was terrible and our O line gave up a bajillion sacks.

Chalk it up to homerism if you didn't see that.

he was so terrible that he tied up the game with 2 min to go. Alrighty! The D lost the game. He was not great, but not terrible. Of course IMO.

he was so terrible that he tied up the game with 2 min to go. Alrighty! The D lost the game. He was not great, but not terrible. Of course IMO.

19/42 for 243. Multiple 3rd downs where he threw the ball out of bounds/uncatchable.

8 sacks.

In his defense he did not throw an INT.

That's still a pretty terrible performance.

19/42 for 243. Multiple 3rd downs where he threw the ball out of bounds/uncatchable.

8 sacks.

In his defense he did not throw an INT.

That's still a pretty terrible performance.

bad stats but he came close to winning if not for our friend Justin and that's all I care about. He had some really clutch throws at the end of that game.

I respectfully disagree with those whose sentiment is that the Jets' QB situation (Smith/Vick) is better than the Bills' (Manuel/Tuel).

Smith and Vick are both one-dimensional. Both are dumber than a box of rocks. And one of them is over the hill (in NFL mobile QB, can't read a defense or throw an accurate pass to save his life-years).

EJ is far better than both of them. And Tuel has enough between the ears - as well as last year's experience and this year's pre-season - to manage a game better and avoid making dumb mistakes.

Of course ... this is just my opinion. Flame, insult, do what you must. But I would be willing to drive Marcel Dareus' car over Pat Moran's daughter whilst Timmy Graham sits in his mother's basement blocking mean tweeters, if I am proven wrong.

Go Bills.

Like half the backups in the NFL? Being famous, or infamous, is not equal to talent.

You're saying QB dog killer is not talented? That's an idiotic statement. He has worlds of talent. He is one of the most talented qbs in league history.

If your argument was that he is more infamous than he is effective, perhaps I could see the argument. But his talent is unquestionable.

You're saying QB dog killer is not talented? That's an idiotic statement. He has worlds of talent. He is one of the most talented qbs in league history.

If your argument was that he is more infamous than he is effective, perhaps I could see the argument. But his talent is unquestionable.

Oh Vick was very talented once, but not anymore. He is on the downside of his career.

Oh Vick was very talented once, but not anymore. He is on the downside of his career.

He's never been talented. He was fast and had escapability. Talent would have meant that he was able to use those two traits to complement his ability to read defenses and throw accurate passes; neither of which he's ever been able to do.

He's never been talented. He was fast and had escapability. Talent would have meant that he was able to use those two traits to complement his ability to read defenses and throw accurate passes; neither of which he's ever been able to do.

That's just silly talk. Perhaps the best athlete ever at the position with a rocket arm. That is talent.

Is the most talented always the best player? No. But he had amazing talent.

That's just silly talk. Perhaps the best athlete ever at the position with a rocket arm. That is talent.

He was athletic. But he wasn't good. A rocket arm is of no use with little accuracy. It's why he's never done anything in the NFL.

Ok but talent and being "good" are totally separate things

Tebow had talent. Couch had talent. Leaf had talent. Eugene Smiff has talent and Vick had talent.

Not a damn one of 'em is/was good.

Tebow had talent. Couch had talent. Leaf had talent. Eugene Smiff has talent and Vick had talent.

Not a damn one of 'em is/was good.

I agree. But the conversation started was about talent. You said Vick was never talented which is erroneous on all accounts.

Edited by FluffHead

I agree. But the conversation started was about talent. You said Vick was never talented which is erroneous on all accounts.

College talent. Pure athleticism. I will give Vick that. I never saw him as anything more than a below-average NFL QB, nor will I ever see him as such. And Eugene Smith is in the same category.

You are wasting your breath (or your bandwidth). Homerism cannot be convinced that it is wrong because it was never based on logic to begin with.