Super Bowl half time acts have to pay the NFL to play

17 Josh Allen

I dont agree with this. Throw some music so the ladies dont get bored.

If they got rid of the halftime show, it will become a "guy thing only" making the ladies abandon the sb parties.

It gives the ladies something to judge and something that they understand. But who knows.

Edit: Heck I love music. Put on a show period.

That's what the commercials are for. I guess the ladies we hang out with just don’t care for the type of music they’ve been having. For awhile it was the past their prime geriatrics and moved to the poppy type stuff. I’m not a fan of Coldplay but I’d be ok with them…at least they’re still relevant. I guess I’d be OK with Katy Perry but that’s only because I’d be hoping for another wardrobe malfunction!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know I reported him to the mods he is a bully he also is a mean

Spirited person. All he can do is just criticize. Then He talks about touching

Other guys wife's buts.

I just try and stay positive his kind won't drag me down

Touching another man's wife's preposition is a pretty serious allegation. Got a link? Can you quote him? Are you willing to wear a wire?

Edited by Jauronimo

> If you can't read it, you may want reasses you're own intelligence.

Um. Thank you for that.

The OP makes good points. However, his frequent, unnecessary use of the return key gets in the way of his intended message.

Zonabb wrote:

> As for the NFL.... Cuban was right. They keep wielding the shield like dictatorial bullies and eventually their drive for unending growth will be met with collective backlash by sponsors and fans. I for one can't watch NFL football on TV anymore and it's getting worse

You are 100% correct. I myself watch a lot less football than I used to. Porter's Five Forces help explain why the NFL has gone the direction it has.

• Bargaining power of suppliers
  • Bargaining power of customers
  • Threat of substitutes
  • Threat of new entrants
  • Intensity of industry rivalry

The NFL's main supplier is its players. They are represented by one labor union (very united front), which is why most of the league's revenues go to them. On the other hand, the NFL's customers--us--have virtually no bargaining power. There are no close substitutes for NFL football, no real threat of new entrants, and very little industry rivalry. This is why the NFL's customers are being treated as we are.

The majority of the revenue no longer goes to them. And their union is a papaer tiger.

The NFL's customers aren't being treated well? There are more games than ever on free TV and cable than ever.

This is a complete non-issue. If Congress needs to get involved in questionable concert fees, they should investigate the Rolling Stones for chrissakes.

Go back and read his post he mentions having

His booty touch her booty.

I call that touching. It just shows what type

Of person he is.

I did not see the booty rubbing post. Was it in this thread?

EDIT: OK, I found it. Yes, ClippersFan was pretty out of line. Mutual butt rubbing with a Brit could really damage relations with the UK. Shows what kind of man is defending you in this thread.

Edited by Jauronimo

it takes a lot of gull to criticize a post like this. the deliberate stream of consciousness style is extremely successful, and grants the reader tremendous insight into the writer's interior world. james joyce would adorn this post several face-with-tears-of-joy emoji.

Thank you for your contribution.

I'm not saying they should even get paid per se. Its my understanding that they always did it for free. I just see no logical reasoning to ask the band to pay for their services. There is legitimately no other job that you would ask this. Should the players pay because they are in the Super Bowl and have free advertising that they will use to immediately add endorsement deals the next day?

(Obviously that last part is tongue in cheek and I realize it is not a direct correlation but figure I should put this on there before someone goes off)

If you can see it as fair that the NFL can get in entertainers for the SB and not pay them their full going rate for a private function, then you must be acknowledging that there is some inherent value to the performer for doing the gig.

It then just comes down to how much that value is. If the value to the performer is greater than what yhey would normally charge(which appears to be the case), then it makes sense that the performer would need to pay for the priviledge.

I have been part of the group for over a decade and enjoy this site

Very much, but lately the English Police and grammar police and

How to type or format a post police have been out in full force.

Look I'm not perfect. I type these posts on a iphone. Sometimes

The auto correct screws my post up. I am a hard core fan.

I've had season ticket's 1989 thru 1996. So I would ask the mods

To warn other posters. That grammar and format of a post should not

Be called out in the open to demean posters. If your doing this it

Should be against the rules. It's just wasting time and space on the server

And getting away from the conversation were trying to have about the

Topic I started. That's my opinion about it.

See now were talking about other stuff instead of why halftime artists

Have to pay to play and give up some or there tour money.

Every time you hit ENTER it performs a "carriage return," which prompts, not only a new line, but for the beginning of that line to be capitalized.

It doesn't bother me. I'm just explaining why it's happening.