Marrone on Watkins: Annoying Response.

CJPearl2

If this was a regular season game, he sits out maybe one play. But since the season hasn't started, why take that chance. It was the same with EJ's knee injury at the end of the year. If the games mattered, he'd have been playing. But since they were knocked out of playoff contention, why make things worse?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the game thread on here, but was I the only one whose eyebrows went up with how Sammy was hurt? Dude hit him late with a knee to the ribs when he could have avoided it entirely -- add to it that the culprit was a LB who endured months of highlights of Sammy absolutely destroying him in the lead up to the draft and I got the feeling it was a cheap shot by dickbag #50.

Am I alone in that?

Marrone can act like Belichick as soon as he wins his fifth AFC title.

Hummm...I seem to recall BB (and the Tuna) acting like that before he won his first.

Maybe we're on to something here...

Edited by Lurker

I got the feeling it was a cheap shot by dickbag #50.

Am I alone in that?

I didn't like the strange rib shot either. Apparently the rules don't allow a lot of things, but a "jump-knee-to-rib shot" isn't off the menu yet.

I didn't like the strange rib shot either. Apparently the rules don't allow a lot of things, but a "jump-knee-to-rib shot" isn't off the menu yet.

Any other player I might not have noticed. But since the main highlight they showed of Sammy (for months) was him obliterating #50 (forget his name and can't search) it just seemed too coincidental to be accidental.

I missed the game thread on here, but was I the only one whose eyebrows went up with how Sammy was hurt? Dude hit him late with a knee to the ribs when he could have avoided it entirely -- add to it that the culprit was a LB who endured months of highlights of Sammy absolutely destroying him in the lead up to the draft and I got the feeling it was a cheap shot by dickbag #50.

Am I alone in that?

you are not alone.

Any other player I might not have noticed. But since the main highlight they showed of Sammy (for months) was him obliterating #50 (forget his name and can't search) it just seemed too coincidental to be accidental.

I didn't know the history, but even at first full speed view it was strange looking football. With each replay it just became more odd. Not a typical random football play. I just hope the consequences are not serious.

Marrone: "When he comes back, we'll be ready to go. I don't think one person is going to make or break it." His quote from his presser today. You mean the player you mortgaged your short term future to pick? That guy? Then we should know his condition. Marrone's act is getting old, quickly. And with the same results as prior coaches, he won't be long for here. I'm not a knee-jerk reaction guy, but I'm thinking this team has the wrong coaching staff.

Wow dude, get off the ledge...season hasn't even begun are you seem ready to jump. What do you expect him to say? That we are doomed without our rookie WR? Really? Because last I checked, WR is the deepest position on this team along with RB. You think it would be good to come out in panic mode by Marrone?

I mean honestly, who really cares what he says about it...fact remains, we play the game with or without any player. Either way its Marrones job to have this team to be ready to go week 1 against the Bears, with or without any specific player and with the intent on winning.

This thread is totally unnecessary and there is no story here. But since you put it up and want to talk about "same" results...I beg to differ. Yes, win total was still 6 wins, however, we went through FIVE QB's last year...please show me any team in the NFL who went through FIVE QB's and won more than 6 games in a single season. Not to mention, 2 of those were 3rd string QB's thrust into the starting gig (Thad and Tuel) due to injuries to EJ and Kolb.

Not to mention, all of our top starting WR's, all of our top RB's, several starters on our DL and OL, and our ENTIRE Secondary all missed significant time through the season...it was one of the worst injury seasons I have ever seen for any team in decades...yet he STILL won 6 games and had this team within a few plays of 10 wins in his rookie season as a head coach.

So relax, there is no story here, Marrone did a better job than the blind eye that only looks at record sees.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest Diesel-USMC

Lets not read into it whats not there. Its a team sport. He's not going to say "Yeah, without him we are never going to win. The rest of these guys just cant do it"

Marrone: "When he comes back, we'll be ready to go. I don't think one person is going to make or break it." His quote from his presser today. You mean the player you mortgaged your short term future to pick? That guy? Then we should know his condition. Marrone's act is getting old, quickly. And with the same results as prior coaches, he won't be long for here. I'm not a knee-jerk reaction guy, but I'm thinking this team has the wrong coaching staff.

What do you expect him to say, they are doomed without one player? Why should you know his condition, its the middle of August, he is not required to disclose anything. Let me guess, you also needed to know what the issues were with Hairston and Glenn too.

Press conferences are a complete waste of time. There is plenty of information out there that you don't need to depend on a head coach's press conference for player updates or any other news about the team.

Edited by Max997

It was the highlight from the Orange Bowl where Sammy just TRUCKED Shazier; ran right over him. Gotta think an LB might have a long memory of that play. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Shazier wanted to let Sammy know he was in the game the other night. There's better ways to do that than kneeing him in the back of the ribs though.

GO BILLS!!!