Tale of Qbs Big Ben & EJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we referring to him as a rookie? And if it's because he was injured more last season than not, isn't that then cause for alarm?

Maybe, just maybe, because Brady is one if the best QBs to ever play the game and EJ has done absolutely nothing in this league (but get injured)? I may be way off though.

So in Brady's case its the young WRs and not him. In EJ's case it him and not the young WRs.Thats a narrow way of thinking. Go back and watch NE games Brady was indeed off many many times last year. He didn't have veteran WRs and TEs and his timing was off on several wide open go routes.

We do this with every QB and bottom line none of them have cut it. So lets keep throwing out the excuses

No, lets give him the time he needs. Which is more than one year.

Maybe, just maybe, because Brady is one if the best QBs to ever play the game and EJ has done absolutely nothing in this league (but get injured)? I may be way off though.

The point wasn't to compare Brady to EJ I thought I made that clear. The point was to point out that every play, there are a number of things going on besides EJ throwing the ball. It's like people just pile on though. Play after play, it just builds on them, and they begin to blame EJ for every pass. Let's just drop it though, I should never have brought it up.

Commercials don't help either, waiting 10 minutes to watch 2 minutes of game, just to see in incompletion gets on people's nerves. Thats why I suggest watching the condensed version of the game. It cuts out the crap, and the waiting, and you might actually see that it wasn't as bad as you think.

So in Brady's case its the young WRs and not him. In EJ's case it him and not the young WRs.Thats a narrow way of thinking. Go back and watch NE games Brady was indeed off many many times last year. He didn't have veteran WRs and TEs and his timing was off on several wide open go routes.

That's a good way of putting it. I say give him time to develop, and sync up with his receivers before we turn on him, rather than saying "he is garbage" and sulking for the next 2 years until we draft another RD1 QB to throw into the fire.

Which WR core do you think is better the Bills this year or the Pats last year? Brady would throw for 5,000 yards with the Bills WR core.

Which WR core do you think is better the Bills this year or the Pats last year? Brady would throw for 5,000 yards with the Bills WR core.

Bills WR core being Watkins Woods and Williams?

On another note what was with the first drive going with the shotgun on three straight plays. Especially on 3rd and 1?

Edited by What a Tuel

Really!? How many WRs and Lineman did we bring in, on top of having two great backs, The only thing we lack is a TE. There is more than enough Talent for EJ to excel, time for him to step up.

Exactly !! EJ has more than enough weapons on this team . Given the weapons on this offense Fitz would make it look score better .

You put Bortels , R. WIlson, I would even say Taj Boyd , in this O it would do better, EJ's demons have followed him to the NFL & the likes of Hackett is not going to change him !! I just hope that our HC has got what it takes to realize it & & has the B**LS to fix

it !!

Typo...but I'll take credit for creating a new word

It's a good one.

aggression= readiness to attack

progression= a movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state

What comes before all that? zevo says... pregression

I kinda get the feeling that EJ is actually pregressing.

I like it. Sometimes you have to make words up to describe circumstances as they are.

Edit: and one more thing zevo, I'm trailing your post count by like 10 right now. Don't look back, I'm comin' ta getcha!

Edited by You herd it hear last

So are you defending Brady or criticizing him? All I know, love him or hate him, Brady will get the benefit of the doubt 99 times out of a hundred.

Bills WR core being Watkins Woods and Williams?

Brady with Watkins and Wood would destroy this division.

Big Ben 8-11 128 yds 2 tds

EJ. 17-27 148 1int,

Big Ben a little over a quarter play.

EJ played a half

And the fact that 1 of Big Ben's completions was 78 yards leaving 50 yards on 7 completions doesn't factor in? I know, EJ should have looked of the DB and made him run into the safety. God he sucks.

How are using facts an excuse? EJ clearly has made progress, he still needs a lot of work, but he is moving in the right direction.

Because a guy with 143 games under his belt should look better than a guy with 10 starts. And apparently stats are a good enough reason to start another bash EJ thread.

Edited by The Wiz

Why shouldn't we compare him to Ben? If he is the bench mark (winning 2 super bowls) then we should absolutely compare the 2. If that is what we want, and it is, then anything less is same old same old and unacceptable. Why is it that our front office keeps spending money on inconsistent, noodle passer's that love to check down? Look at the other successful QB's and they just seem so much more crisp and decisive. It's still early and the O-line has not been set yet, coupled with a vanilla playbook, but for crying out loud how many times do we have to be in the red zone and only end up with 3 points?

I don't know why you would say that, Manuel's arm is the last thing that should ever be questioned.

To me he looks like he is throwing darts. He throws long balls like he is aiming for an air balloon abov ethe stadium. worst deep throwing QB in NFL. Guy never puts zip on the ball compared to Nassib or Geno Smith or Bortles if you want to compare him to a few others his age.

Yes and I am with you that I hate the play calling!! The red zone play calling is appalling.

I was going to elaborate on the whole Brady thing, but it's just going to open a can of worms. The point was that I was trying to point out that QB's and WR's can be out of sync at times, and provided an example of a QB being out of sync with his WR's. That is just one of the many issues we had last night other than "EJ is garbage" which I know you didn't say.

27 passes in one half is a lot, maybe they wanted EJ to shine and it backfired. Last year he attempted 30 a game on average.

Why shouldn't we compare him to Ben? If he is the bench mark (winning 2 super bowls) then we should absolutely compare the 2. If that is what we want, and it is, then anything less is same old same old and unacceptable. Why is it that our front office keeps spending money on inconsistent, noodle passer's that love to check down? Look at the other successful QB's and they just seem so much more crisp and decisive. It's still early and the O-line has not been set yet, coupled with a vanilla playbook, but for crying out loud how many times do we have to be in the red zone and only end up with 3 points?

I know Tuel looked pretty crisp and decisive last year in the Preseason :w00t:

Edited by What a Tuel

I now right, yet Brady still managed 4300+ yards and 25 TDs and not close to a thousand yard rusher and went 12-4.