Do we have 3 #1 wrs??? I think so!

I think we have super #1 in the making, a guy who has played like a high skilled #2 previously, but also has had some issue, and another young guy who could become a very good #2. In addition a couple other WR's with very good unique talents, one with blazing track speed, and another who just doesn't seem to know how to drop a pass.

A better title for this thread may have been "do we have the #1 WR corp in the league" To that question I'd probably respond, we may have it in another year or so, could be much sooner if the light bulb goes off even a little bit with EJ.

Kookie kook aid.

Nope.

We have 3 1's. This same wr corp in New Orleans would be breaking records or at least matching what Brees is used to. No slip in #s.

Ej looked fine. When you have 3 #1's you dont need to be the best qb out there. See Andy Dalton or the qb from detroit as examples.

I'd say one #1 (Sammy), two #2's (Williams, Woods), and two #3's (Hogan and Goodwin).

Hogan is looking like a legit #2. You dont think Hogan would excel in Denver or New englad? He's the kind of wr that a team like that would love to have. Nice runner and oh yeah, doesnt drop passes.

I bet Decker stinks up the joint in Jets town. Not because of the Jets qb situation, I just dont think he's a #1. Decker is a #2 just like Hogan is probably already a legit #2.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy looks to be a special player. Every practice he seems to make an eye popping play. That one catch in the preseason game that was behind his back and be still caught for a 4 yard gain, that tells me he is going to be special.

Caveman mike will be a great large target for EJ. Plus he's got great hands

Woods is just a baller. His downfall may be a broken hand when he cold clocks Revis

Don't discount Hogan. He is extremely athletic. He will make some plays this year

When did Watkins get voted into the ProBowl. I missed the announcement....

Love the enthusiasm but he is still a rookie WR. I will be happy if he approaches 50 catches this year even knowing 15 of those may be behind the LOS.

Williams may be the straw that pours the drink with this group. They need a veteran to teach them the little things. Hopefully new WR coach helps too.

By definition there are 32 #1 WR in the NFL. Is Watkins currently one of the 32 best WR in football? I would say definitely. The other 2 are top 50 but I don't know about 32.

Dude, last time a team had 2 legit no 1s was carter, moss. Maybe Harrison Wayne circa 05

2 things about that.

Roddy white and Julio Jones. That was 2 years ago. 13-3 record

Well aint this something. We have 3!

Ps. Ask the Bears wrs. The bear wrs themselves think they are the best wr corp in the nfl.

By definition there are 32 #1 WR in the NFL. Is Watkins currently one of the 32 best WR in football? I would say definitely. The other 2 are top 50 but I don't know about 32.

That's not correct. A team could have more than one #1.

A number one to me is can such player be a number 1 on another team, let's say even a team that has a need at the wr position. The number of players that fit that role could go up to 40 or 45 #1 wrs...

But anyway maybe it is a little kool aid.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

That's not correct. A team could have more than one #1.

A number one to me is can such player be a number 1 on another team, let's say even a team that has a need at the wr position. The number of players that fit that role could go up to 40 or 45 #1 wrs...

But anyway maybe it is a little kool aid.

Agree that they can be on the same team but there are 32 #1 spots (just like QB). There can be 45 elite WRs (there aren't but could be). The term #1 means top of the depth chart.

Definately? Top 32? Hasn't played a down of football in a real game and he is top 32?

I hope you are right.

Agree that they can be on the same team but there are 32 #1 spots (just like QB). There can be 45 elite WRs (there aren't but could be). The term #1 means top of the depth chart.

I don't think that is true, although some people look at it that way. It's very similar to hockey where you call a player a "top six" forward. That means to the vast majority of hockey fans that said player is able to play on the top two lines of a top team, not on the top two lines of your team. Not every team has six top six players even though they have six players in the top six slots.

People rightfully questioned whether Stevie was ever a #1 WR (I personally thought he was). You don't automatically have a #1 receiver on your team just because you have one player you throw to more, or catches more.

A lot of serious Kool aid drinking happening on TBD. Ask me how many legitimate 1s 2s and 3s we have at Bye week, not before any actual games have even been played.Then we can agree or disagree based on more than wishful thinking.

I'll mark it on my calendar!

A lot of serious Kool aid drinking happening on TBD. Ask me how many legitimate 1s 2s and 3s we have at Bye week, not before any actual games have even been played.Then we can agree or disagree based on more than wishful thinking.

...that's my usual attitude too.....but I'm drinking the koolaid about mike williams mostly. mike doesn't need to develop. he's already an established nfl wr.

We have four #1 WRs.

Mike Williams is ProFootballFocus's 3rd-ranked WR in the NFL overall, and so far leads the Bills in YPC.

Robert Woods has the most receptions in the NFL (8), the 3rd-most YAC yards in the NFL, and leads the Bills in that category

Marquise Goodwin is tied for 5th in the NFL in YAC per reception.

And then there's Sammy.

Not in my book. It seems like you are defining a "total count" system and not a class of player.

Different sport. But if Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson were on the same team, wouldnt they both be #1's??? Of course they would. They would just be playing on the same team. This is they key: If said players went to other teams, they would be #1 on their new team, which makes them a #1 period, under any scenario.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl