The Unpopular Opinion. RB - Fred Jackson

I agree. Fred Jackson is one of the Top 5 best RBs in the league. He just gets no respect. He will always fall forward for 2 more yards. That adds up over 150 carries.

However in Bryce Brown's 1 Bills Preseason game, He played like you wish CJ would play; Decisive, One cut and run, no dancing, and BB finished his runs. Spiller has the potential to be great BUT he dances in the hole, is not decisive and does not finish his runs. There is enough film in his career to see that. How many times on 2nd down has he run out of bounds to create a 3rd and short instead of finishing the run and getting the first down? More than I can remember.

I think FJax #1, BB #2, and CJ #3 in carries by the end of the season is more realistic than FJax holding the clipboard as the OP prefers.

There is no way this is true. No offense, but that is a bit homerish to put Jackson in the top 5.

Off the top of my head.

Peterson, McCoy, Charles, Foster, Lynch, Forte, Murray, Spiller, Morris are all better than FJ.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way this is true. No offense, but that is a bit homerish to put Jackson in the top 5.

Off the top of my head.

Peterson, McCoy, Charles, Foster, Lynch, Forte, Murray, Spiller, Morris are all better than FJ.

FJ isn't in the conversation with those guys and neither is Spiller.

Off the top of my head.

In Fantasy Football.

Not real football.

In Fantasy Football.

Not real football.

No, just no. Fred is not top 5 or even top 10. in terms of talent.

1 - Peterson

2 - McCoy

3 - Charles

4 - Forte

5 - Foster

6 - Lynch

7 - MJD

8 - Lacy

9 - Spiller

10 - Murray

11 - Morris

Not an exact order, but I can keep going. Fred is a hell of a back for this team. But I think you are mistaken if you think teams would take Jackson over those guys.

Edited by CountDorkula

1 - Peterson

2 - McCoy

3 - Charles

4 - Forte

5 - Foster

6 - Lynch

7 - MJD

8 - Lacy

9 - Spiller

10 - Murray

11 - Morris

Not an exact order, but I can keep going. Fred is a hell of a back for this team. But I think you are mistaken if you think teams would take Jackson over those guys.

Disagree about Foster and MJD but your point is well taken. I'd add LeVeon Bell and Zac Stacy somewhere on the list.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

1 - Peterson

2 - McCoy

3 - Charles

4 - Forte

5 - Foster

6 - Lynch

7 - MJD

8 - Lacy

9 - Spiller

10 - Murray

11 - Morris

Fred was #10 running back in 2013..... just saying.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/scoringleaders#researchScoringLeaders=researchScoringLeaders%2C%2Fresearch%2Fscoringleaders%253Fposition%253D2%2526statCategory%253Dstats%2526statSeason%253D2013%2526statType%253DseasonStats%2526statWeek%253D1%2Creplace

Disagree about Foster and MJD but your point is well taken.

MJD has done more. He has over 10,000 all purpose yards and 80 touchdowns.

Foster absolutely. HE has 6,800 yards and 52 touchdowns in 2 less years

Compared to FJ:

7,800 all purpose yards and 34 touchdowns.

People remember Foster of last year. The oft injured IR Foster.

Compared to FJ:

Right. That's because his career is on the decline. Chronic back issues? No thanks.

Fred was #10 running back in 2013..... just saying.

http://fantasy.nfl.c...eek%3D1,replace

Fantasy Football stats, really?

In real football he was 16th in Rushing yards, 19th in yards per carry, Longest run was 19th best, had 1 run of 20+ yards (Not even top 50), 6th in tds, 22nd in yards per game.

Right. That's because his career is on the decline. Chronic back issues? No thanks.

Possibly so. He is only 27. If he is injury prone this year, then yes agreed. Fred is also on the decline, and has a year or 2 at best left of good football.

Edited by CountDorkula

Compared to FJ:

I'm not sure what comparing Arian Foster's great stats at RB to Fred Jackson has to with anything but awesome.

Fred Jackson is a GREAT RB in all phases of the game running, blocking receiving, ball security and finishing. He has never had the opportunity to get fed the ball or be the primary RB like Foster had and his stats are still honorable.

Peterson, McCoy, Charles, then FJax.

If you put FJax in that Houston 2 TE, zone blocking scheme under Kubiak do you really think there would be a significant drop in production?

Arian Foster is a talented RB but he is a product of being in the right place at the right time more than pure talent.

Where as Peterson could have got 1000 yard behind the Buffalo Bills 2008, worst O-Line in NFL history, O-line.

If Ben Tate doesn't get injured his rookie year you may have never heard of Arian Foster.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You were replying to Why so Serious and he clearly stated " in fantasy football. not real football". In which you replied" no not top 5 even top 10 in terms of talent". You can take talent I'll take results.

You may want to re-read my quote for results...

I'm not sure what comparing Arian Foster's great stats at RB to Fred Jackson has to with anything but awesome.

Fred Jackson is a GREAT RB in all phases of the game running, blocking receiving, ball security and finishing.

Peterson, McCoy, Charles, then FJax.

If you put FJax in that Houston 2 TE, zone blocking scheme under Kubiak do you really think there would be a significant drop in production?

Arian Foster is a talented RB but he is a product of being in the right place at the right time than pure talent.

If Ben Tate doesn't get injured his rookie year you may have never heard of Arian Foster.

I literally have no words for this. Literally none.

P.S. Foster has more TD's then JAckson - better Finisher.

P.S.S Foster has less fumbles. - Better Ball security.

But again who needs facts...

Edited by CountDorkula

You may want to re-read my quote for results...

I literally have no words for this. Literally none.

P.S. Foster has more TD's then JAckson - better Finisher.

P.S.S Foster has less fumbles. - Better Ball security.

But again who needs facts...

Wait I thought you had no words.

Edited by Why So Serious?

As Much As I Like What I've Seen From The The Limited Touches Both Brown And Boobie Have Recieved (Need To See A Little More Then Two Preseason Games Before Saying They're A Better Option Then FJ), I Don't Really See Any Scenario Where The Bills O Gets Better By Taking Away Carries From Freddy.

I never said it was. I was talking carries touches per game. CJ and Brown should get the majority while Dixon gets most of the short yardage work. The Best players should be on the field, and I feel given each players abilities Fred lacks in some areas. This is NOT a knock on Freddy, I just think the Bills have great depth at RB and are set up for the future nicely.

I don't see anything that would warrant freddy to take less carries than Dixon of all people. The season should start with freddy and CJ taking the most reps. and if freddy never gets into a groove and brown is looking good, then move brown up a bit. But based on 2 preseason games, I see no reason to move freddy to 4 on the depth chart. The guy got us quite a few TDs last year. You don't limit a guy like that. you want a guy that scores TDs to be on the field.