Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can`t believe all the Johnny ,won`t last talk,syle of play and size. When the Mule EJ couldn`t last a NFL season. Short,short memories

I'm not sure the point you hope to make there. That our qb has injury risk doesn't somehow make Johnny's body type and style of play more suited to take hits.

So what your saying is with an adjustment in play, which by the way every collegiate QB has to make the adjustment, Manziel shouldn't have any more of a problem then a bigger QB.

So you really believe that there's not even the slightest incremental increased risk for injury based on size/body type?

Lets make sure we don't forget an important part of JF's skill set, hes very elusive.

Elusivness equates to taking less hard hits IMO...

So you really believe that there's not even the slightest incremental increased risk for injury based on size/body type?

Hes harder to hit, so it balances out IMO

Note: We could get real technical here to prove a heavier object could have a longer sustained impact because a heavier object is more stationary then a lighter object.

Edited by Donald Duck

I can`t believe all the Johnny ,won`t last talk,syle of play and size. When the Mule EJ couldn`t last a NFL season. Short,short memories

This thread is about Manziel so we are talking about Manziel. There are multiple threads about Manuel and all/most mention the fact that he was injured and missed games last season.

Lets make sure we don't forget an important part of JF's skill set, hes very elusive.

Note: We could get real technical here to prove a heavier object could have a longer sustained impact because a heavier object is more stationary then a lighter object.

I understand that elusiveness is nice but especially in his rookie year I suspect that, much like that 4 and 1 he will cut inside and those linebackers, and end are athletic enough at this level to still lay a hit.

And are you really going to attempt an argument that the hits will effect him less because he's small?

I understand that elusiveness is nice but especially in his rookie year I suspect that, much like that 4 and 1 he will cut inside and those linebackers, and end are athletic enough at this level to still lay a hit.

And are you really going to attempt an argument that the hits will effect him less because he's small?

yes, and I just explained why

Is he more elusive than Vick? Is he smaller in stature than Vick? When was the last time that Vick was able to play a full NFL season?

It's all in the physics. DC T will be along shortly to give us a dissertation.

Is he more elusive than Vick? Is he smaller in stature than Vick? When was the last time that Vick was able to play a full NFL season?

It's all in the physics. DC T will be along shortly to give us a dissertation.

I could name a few big QB's that are very injury prone and what does it prove?

So what your saying is with an adjustment in play, which by the way every collegiate QB has to make the adjustment, Manziel shouldn't have any more of a problem then a bigger QB.

No, that's not what I'm saying, and you know that for a fact. Even if you didn't know that, you could have surmised it by my inclusion of the word "also" in my post.

Don't put words into my mouth.

I could name a few big QB's that are very injury prone and what does it prove?

So, Vick is injury prone and would be knocked out of games even if he was strictly a pocket passer? Common dogduck...Vick is the perfect comparison for Manziel and you must see this. Both are run first (maybe second) and both put themselves in situations that lead to injury.

I'm not saying he had a whole lot of time. Just disagreeing that he went through his progressions. And yes his line was crap, so that was part of it. But he's also more comfortable taking off. Case in point in the 4th and 1, his fullback was open and he chose to run it.

I'm just not sure he can handle that much running, especially if he's going to do what he did on his first 2 runs and lower his head. At some point he will get popped.

I thought the announcer got that play all wrong. When the Fb was open he had the other defender right in his face that was trying to kill him. IMO there was no way he could have got that pass off even if it was five yards. By the time he got by the first guy I would doubt that the Fb was wide open like that and he didn't throw it. He looked like he was looking for anyone before he darted to the yard marker.

Dude, physics...that applies to sessile objects, not moving, dynamic live organisms with musculature, etc.

So, Vick is injury prone and would be knocked out of games even if he was strictly a pocket passer? Common dogduck...Vick is the perfect comparison for Manziel and you must see this. Both are run first (maybe second) and both put themselves in situations that lead to injury.

Barry Sanders was 5 foot 8 and weighed less then JF.

By your logic, wouldn't Barry sanders have been injured constantly throughout his carreer?