Tuel demoted to third team

Watching that play again, that was a pretty sorry route by Easley. It actually looked like tuel threw it where he wanted it, trying to get Easley high on a size advantage on a skinny post. Easley wasn't sharp on the break, and then basically ran himself into the ground.

Overall, I thought both Thad and tuel showed some good things and bad things during that game. But I wouldn't say either of them "sucked" or were "terrible," as some have said.

With all the doomsday talk in camp, watching these last 2 games has made me feel better about the backup QB positions.

I would concurr with that reasonable and booring asses- sment.

Watching last nites game had me feeling a abit better about the whole team !

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching that play again, that was a pretty sorry route by Easley. It actually looked like tuel threw it where he wanted it, trying to get Easley high on a size advantage on a skinny post. Easley wasn't sharp on the break, and then basically ran himself into the ground.

Overall, I thought both Thad and tuel showed some good things and bad things during that game. But I wouldn't say either of them "sucked" or were "terrible," as some have said.

With all the doomsday talk in camp, watching these last 2 games has made me feel better about the backup QB positions.

Looked off the safety which was good because safety did not come close to making a play on the ball.

But I think the ball should not have been thrown. My guess is that is correctable, something like, don't throw that pattern if the DB still has cushion and has already turned his hips? Unless it's Goodwin, Graham, or Sammy, in that case throw it deeper

Edited by Just Nguyen Baby

That pass was just terrible. I watched it a bunch of times. At no time was Easley open. The DB was running in front of Easley and watching the ball the entire time and it went right to him. It was brutal. Even his TD pass was a lousy pass.

Looked off the safety which was good because safety did not come close to making a play on the ball.

But I think the ball should not have been thrown. My guess is that is correctable, something like, don't throw that pattern if the DB still has cushion and has already turned his hips? Unless it's Goodwin, Graham, or Sammy, in that case throw it deeper

You might be right. I just sort of saw what (I think) he was trying to do. The receiver breaks more to the middle like a skinny post, then it's actually a nice throw.

Tuel has his shortcomings, but that kind of touch throw is what he does well. Could be wrong, of course; would like to hear what he and the coaches said about it.

You might be right. I just sort of saw what (I think) he was trying to do. The receiver breaks more to the middle like a skinny post, then it's actually a nice throw.

Tuel has his shortcomings, but that kind of touch throw is what he does well. Could be wrong, of course; would like to hear what he and the coaches said about it.

I would like to know too. On an off day for him in terms of accuracy he still went 4/5, moved the O, and scored, so there's that

IMO it was a perfect pass to a receiver that needed to go up and get the ball. Easley was in position until he stumbled. If Easley does not fall, the ball is not intercepted and there is a good chance that it results in a TD. I like EJ as our #1 and Tuel as the #2. As the game slows down for them, and the O line improves, I think the Bills have got their QB's.

Tuel is pretty awful. As is Thad. Neither inspire confidence to win games if called upon. With EJ being an unknown, I really wonder when (or if) the front office is going to bring in some competent backups. Maybe a vet who gets cut? They need some help.

I don't think there's a single true backup QB in the league that inspires confidence enough to be a consistent winner.

Both Thad and tuel actually showed enough to me last year to have potential to be a 2.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

Tuel is pretty awful. As is Thad. Neither inspire confidence to win games if called upon. With EJ being an unknown, I really wonder when (or if) the front office is going to bring in some competent backups. Maybe a vet who gets cut? They need some help.

It's the one thing that makes me wonder about Whaley. He's done a good job with the rest of the roster, except the backup QB spot. Both Lewis & Tuel were bad last night, and it makes you wonder just how bad Dixon is if he hasn't seen any action at all.

It's the one thing that makes me wonder about Whaley. He's done a good job with the rest of the roster, except the backup QB spot. Both Lewis & Tuel were bad last night, and it makes you wonder just how bad Dixon is if he hasn't seen any action at all.

I totally agree with this point. I would expect Dixon to be capable of playing the way Webb did last night. Even if he seems behind in practice, couldn't hurt to have him take control for the 4th quarter of a preseason game - just to be sure, right?

I totally agree with this point. I would expect Dixon to be capable of playing the way Webb did last night. Even if he seems behind in practice, couldn't hurt to have him take control for the 4th quarter of a preseason game - just to be sure, right?

He did! I believe he knelt the ball down 2x's for the win!. LOL

I don't think there's a single true backup QB in the league that inspires confidence enough to be a consistent winner.

Both Thad and tuel actually showed enough to me last year to have potential to be a 2.

I hear what you're saying but I do not want potential at the number 2 spot, I want reliability. The number 2 doesn't need to be young or promising, just capable. So far, in camp and in preseason, both Tuel and Thad have been lights out awful -- as in so bad you want to turn off the lights so their poor play doesn't affect your vision long term.

Completely agree. I got to see a few practices so far and Dixon looks as good as Tuel against air on 7 on 7s, haven't seen him get much, if any, burn in 11 on 11.