1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz had a horrid first outing with Houston last night:

6 of 14 54 yards, 0TDs and 2 Ints

Good old Fitzpicksix!

Everyone here should know what Fitz brings to the table...nothing but mediocrity. I wouldn't swap Tuel for Fitz at this point.

Again, preseason stat lines mean little to nothing. Fitz is what he is - that's better than that performance, but not good enough to win consistently.

No need to slam him or glorify him, as some want to. The dude plays hard and will reliably be competitive but doesn't have the physical talent to make the plays when things tighten up and the end of games, or say in the playoffs - windows get smaller and he can't get the ball through those smaller windows. Few can.

Edited by NoSaint

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

The Texans lost to the Cardinals 0-32 in their first preseason game. Fitz threw 6 of 14 for 55 yds and 2 INTs. I didn't see the game - someone told me the Texans had no OL which would go a long way to explain Schaub's disintigration last year. Be that as it may, 0-32, 6 of 14, 55 yds, 2 INTs.

Uh oh fitzy...

@ProFootballTalk: Bill O'Brien doesn't rule out a change in the quarterback rotation http://t.co/vs0CRATrmY

It's one exhibition game too late. Anybody who thinks Fitz is the answer to anything besides, "who will max out at 6 wins and throw a multitude of game wrecking INT's" knows nothing about football.

And stop with the "he's a nice guy" crap. Who cares? I want a winner, not some clown who's winning percentage is lower than the batting champion's batting average.

I like how you question the fans for an organizational decision. This is basically your response to being wrong about your unflappable trust in OBD. :lol:

In a better scenario than what unfolded...Manuel would have backed up/competed for the job with Fitz.

Unfortunately Buddy got duped on that phony phone call and basically let it slip that he had moved on from Fitz via his "we don't have a QB" take to the Bucs GM.

The better question is shouldn't they have just paid the MOFO for another season instead of trying to renegotiate with him and then waiving him to save some bucks......and then REALLY wasting a paycheck on the laughingstock QB of the entire league Kevin on the Kolb?

It wasn't a Fitz or EJ decision, they were drafting a QB either way.

In reality it was a Fitz or Kolb decision.

The cheaper Kolb option trumped the more expensive Fitz option. Wasn't a fans choice.

I think there's a lot of truth in this analysis. The part I think that's missed is that the Bills FO may genuinely have believed that Kolb had more potential, where Fitz was a known entity with a known fatal flaw (the INTs at the worst times) - and overlooked Kolb's pathetic injury history as a "fluke".

They likely really didn't save a lot of money on Kolb over Fitz. They were still paying Fitz guaranteed $$ either way, and could probably have renegotiated with Fitz something close to what he got from the Titans, which is less than they paid Kolb then there's what they paid for TJax. I think they screwed the pooch by trying to resign Fitz for TJax money with nothing guaranteed. Not being dumb, and knowing that football is ultimately a business and Not For Long, he knew he could get more elsewhere and proceded to do so.

Remember the good ol' days when we had a QB who could throw for 3,000 yards and 23 TDs? And many of you felt that anybody, ANYBODY would be better and couldn't wait to run that QB out of town? And I said be careful for what you wish for because a QB we draft might not be better than Fitz? So what do you say now?.

Fitz is a 6 win guy in this league. Sure he will have a bomb game now and then but he still throws that killer INT.

I like E.J. upside WAY more than Fitz, even tho Fitz knows the game better but just does not have EJ's skill set.

I'd rather have both. Fitz was acceptable as a placeholder QB and probably would have been an excellent mentor for EJ. In turn that would have been great grooming for Fitz to transition to coaching, something where his intangibles would have found their best outlet.

How was Fitz "acceptable"? Sigh. The Bills have been so crappy for so long that people still wish Fitz was on the team. I will never understand why.

How was Fitz "acceptable"? Sigh. The Bills have been so crappy for so long that people still wish Fitz was on the team. I will never understand why.

That's an interesting concept...acceptable. Who is an acceptable QB to Bills fans? Brady? Peyton Manning? Not Dalton, apparently. So in a league of 32 teams there are Maybe 5-6 acceptable QBs?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's an interesting concept...acceptable. Who is an acceptable QB to Bills fans? Brady? Peyton Manning? Not Dalton, apparently. So in a league of 32 teams there are Maybe 5-6 acceptable QBs?

If your goal is to win a championship, then an "acceptable" QB is one who can deliver this. There probably aren't more than 10 QBs in the league who can accomplish this so the list IS short.

If your goal is to win a championship, then an "acceptable" QB is one who can deliver this. There probably aren't more than 10 QBs in the league who can accomplish this so the list IS short.

So you agree that finding a qb isn't easy.

Finding one is not easy. Refusing to draft one and continuing to play one that sucks and maxes out at 6 wins is incredulous.

gotta find one. NFL is a QB league. They make all the difference. turnovers and injuries force you to have a great QB to compensate, if you want to win consistently. unfortunate, but true.