Wealth Inequality Hurting Economy (duh)

I did some picking around and read some interesting articles on capital gains taxes and revenue and it seems pretty clear that lower capital gains taxes do increase revenue. So I'll stand corrected on that one.

http://www.adamsmith...l-gains-tax.pdf

I'm entering the fifth year of my investing life and starting to see some real dividend wealth role in. So im not complaing about the capital gains taxes. But the risk argument means nothing to me, i would invest and reinvest my dividends no matter where the tax rate was.

Does anyone know if their is a correlation between companies paying higher dividends and lower capital gains taxes?

Have a good weekend :)

This was quite refreshing; three admissions of ignorance in as many sentences.

I congratulate you on your first ever post where you're NOT being an idiot. :beer:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was quite refreshing; three admissions of ignorance in as many sentences.

I congratulate you on your first ever post where you're NOT being an idiot. :beer:

no, he's definitely an idiot now...

The main driver of cap gains revenues has been the change in CEO pay, which has caused them to focus on short term manipulation of prices.

http://cdn1.valuewalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Client-Day-2014-Transcript-Stephen-Mitchell.pdf

Again you linked a site that contradicts your rants.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

Nothing quite like linking source material which draws a clear distinction between wealth and income, highlights the fluidity in the top 1% of earners, and could be effectively used to argue against a progressively confiscatory income tax as a means of wealth redistribution; when your own argument is the polar opposite of all of those things.

Well, no. "Careful eyes might note that it appears that incomes are flat-lining for the top 0.1 percent. That doesn't make any sense. Haven't we all heard that the richer are getting richer, and the even richer are getting even-richerer?

Yes, we have, and yes, they are. This data considers salary and wage income. But the wealthiest Americans draw more of their income from investments. For the 1 percent, 0.1 percent, and 0.01 percent, capital gains account for 22, 33 and 42 percent (respectively) of their average income. Wages, as I've said, are for normal people. Investments are for the rich."

• 6 months later...

Must. Fight. Desire. To. Kill. Someone.

Please don't fight the desire to kill Amy Poehler. JHC, now the left has an unfunny SNL actor pushing their idiocy?

Let's try Warren Buffett's instead. He's a darling of the left these days, right?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigman/2015/05/22/warren-buffett-stop-blaming-the-rich-for-income-inequality-if-you-want-to-help-increase-tax-credits/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

“No conspiracy lies behind this depressing fact: The poor are most definitely not poor because the rich are rich,” Buffett, whose net worth we clock in at $71.3 billion, wrote in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece published late yesterday. “Nor are the rich undeserving. Most of them have contributed brilliant innovations or managerial expertise to America’s well-being. We all live far better because of Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton and the like. Instead, this widening gap is an inevitable consequence of an advanced market-based economy.”

Please don't fight the desire to kill Amy Poehler. JHC, now the left has an unfunny SNL actor pushing their idiocy?

Let's try Warren Buffett's instead. He's a darling of the left these days, right?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigman/2015/05/22/warren-buffett-stop-blaming-the-rich-for-income-inequality-if-you-want-to-help-increase-tax-credits/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

no one is always correct. even warren gets it wrong sometimes.

The key to getting appreciated for your job is to take time off.

After a while, your boss starts assuming that your job is too easy because you're doing it so well. So you need to remind them just how hard you work. Especially when they have to bring in three people to cover you. The boss notices.

It's quite satisfying to see coworkers sigh in relief when they see that you're back. I've gotten hugs.

"This job is very difficult to do, I just make it look easy."

The key to getting appreciated for your job is to take time off.

After a while, your boss starts assuming that your job is too easy because you're doing it so well. So you need to remind them just how hard you work. Especially when they have to bring in three people to cover you. The boss notices.

It's quite satisfying to see coworkers sigh in relief when they see that you're back. I've gotten hugs.

"This job is very difficult to do, I just make it look easy."

Or you could have my boss, who at CoB the day before I am to return will forward me a dozen email chains with what didn't get done or somebody else screwed up in my absence. Each with a please take for action first thing, or please make this a priority, or some looming/expired deadline that nobody was tasked with

work-harder.png