I hate Jeff Tuel; Not really hate, but you know what I mean

So EJ having 296 against the #2 overall defense doesn't count? Or rebounding against Rex Ryan in terrible conditions? Again, we scored 13 points against KC (we had 200 yards rushing!). EJ lost a game against ATL where we scored 31 points.

And the rookie thing is mute. EJ actually had significantly less practice time than Tuel did last year.

Again, I'm a Bills fan. I want both guys to develop into players. But creating (and not pointing at you) a qb debate when there isn't one is pointless.

Tuel had more practice time than EJ did last year.

EJ started 10 games. I know they practice and gameplan each week.. How many practices did Tuel get on first team reps compared to EJ? How many days a week do the Bills practice before a game?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ started 10 games. I know they practice and gameplan each week.. How many practices did Tuel get on first team reps compared to EJ? How many days a week do the Bills practice before a game?

It's hilarious how you knock EJ at every opportunity yet make excuses for everyone other player besides him. :)

And as I've stated, Tuel stayed healthy the entire thus he has had more practice time. EJ missed 6 weeks of his first NFL season. But I guess this is just an excuse and not a facf in your world.

You're right. Using Tuel's qb rating in last year's preseason & regular season vs. EJ's is meaningless. Also, showing the stats Tuel had in his start (5.9 ypa, under 50%, 13 points, essentially one play) has no bearing on the argument.

I'll just go along with you. EJ sucks. Tuel is awesome. What prize do we win for saying it first?

Jeff Tuel played two games. Let's take two of EJ's games and see what his rating was. Tampa and Baltimore. 40.05 QB rating. Rut Roh.

If you're going to criticize the post, at least read it accurately. What I said was that before his interception was some of the best QB play all season. Before the int he was 9 out of 15 for 136 yards with 1 TD and 1 int (QB rating of 84.3), and had the offense moving up and down the field. How many times did the Bills have better QB play last season? You don't think that stretch was near the top?

The guy was a rookie, had one start against one of the best defenses in the NFL and played pretty well for large stretches of the game. This season, he came into camp in better shape and looks better than last season by all reports. I don't really get why that's something to hate and beat up on.

I agree. To me that stretch was second best, with the best being Manuel in the second Jets game.

It's hilarious how you knock EJ at every opportunity yet make excuses for everyone other player besides him. :)

And as I've stated, Tuel stayed healthy the entire thus he has had more practice time. EJ missed 6 weeks of his first NFL season. But I guess this is just an excuse and not a facf in your world.

So you have no practice #'s, huh? I'm sure EJ would be soooooo much better if he got those fantastic second string reps behind Thad Lewis.

Jeff Tuel played two games. Let's take two of EJ's games and see what his rating was. Tampa and Baltimore. 40.05 QB rating. Rut Roh.

Tuel had a week to prepare for the KC game. He had a 52.2 qb rating, had 200 rushing yards, & lost a game in which KC didn't score an offensive td.

EJ had a week to prepare for NE (after missing the final 2 weeks of preseason), had a 105.5 qb rating, and left the field with the lead.

Both of their first starts with similar prep time. Who fared better?

Tuel had a week to prepare for the KC game. He had a 52.2 qb rating, had 200 rushing yards, & lost a game in which KC didn't score an offensive td.

EJ had a week to prepare for NE (after missing the final 2 weeks of preseason), had a 105.5 qb rating, and left the field with the lead.

Both of their first starts with similar prep time. Who fared better?

EJ had a week to prepare for the Steelers game. He had a week to prepare for the Ravens game. We had 4 takeaways and he had a 48.9 rating. He had a week to prepare for the Bucs games. Threw 4 picks and had a 31.2 rating.

Tuel wasn't perfect against KC. No one would argue that. But there's not enough playing time to make a call on the guy, similar to EJ.

Does their first start really matter? I thought you weren't a proponent for knee-jerk reactions? If EJ sucked against the Pats and played well against the Steelers, would anything be different?

Edited by FireChan

Hopefully EJ gets to that point.

hey man, do you mind? This is a tuel hate thread or a reason why not to hate on the guy. (Ok not that kind of hate, but you know what I mean. Football hate) This is not an attack on ej thread. If u dont mind.

Nope. Tuel has played two career games. He's the answer.

ok. U have to be related to him. pointing out ejs qb rating is not helping me...

Ill chat w yall later. I have falling skies and under the dome to watch.

Just so you know and you can google this

http://m.espn.go.com...ton&src=desktop

The NE Patriots worked out Tuel

And really wanted to sign him.

He could have been Brady's understudy.

Now if the pats and the coach billcheat

Saw that in him then maybe we have something

From all reports I ever here about camp

And Bills QB's it's been reported in the past that

Tuel has the strongest arm of all Bills QB's

I can't for the life of me know what's not to like

About Tuel. This is a undrafted player that looks

Like he has the tools to really be something

Google his college and pro scouting reports

See end of this post

Ok I do it for you this guy might be another

Kurt Warner. He really seems to know how

To play QB and looks the part.

I like EJ but he leaves my Shaking my

Head watching him play.

I can't put my finger on it. I think he is trying

To be to perfect. He needs to stop thinking

And just start playing some ball.

Now this guy was right on a lot of things

When it comes to Tuel

Link

http://rotobahn.com/...shington-state/

I’m back with another underrated player. Washington State’s Jeff Tuel is a quarterback that we like a whole lot. I have to say, we are amazed that some people aren’t even talking about this guy. The fact that he failed to get a combine invite was equally puzzling.

After watching a lot of game film, we feel that Tuel could be a very solid starter in the NFL. We don’t even think it will take that much time if he lands with a decent team. Tuel is close to being game-ready right now. The big key for him, as we see it, is his health and durability. Tuel took a lot of hits in his time as a Cougar had a rough time with a clavicle injury in 2011. He came back too soon only to re-injure it and end up out for the season.

Here are the positive things that show up consistently on film...

Good mechanics and a good arm. No worries about making the throws at the next level.

Excellent mobility for a pocket passer. He can buy time and pick up extra yardage at times.

Has an accurate arm on the intermediate and deep balls.

Has a good feel for the position. Uses touch when needed but can fire the ball in there too. He throws a beautiful fade ball in the red zone.

He’s relaxed in the pocket and sees the field well.

Keeps his eyes downfield even when his protections breaks down, which it often did. This will serve him well as a pro.

Has a good quick release and can set up and throw when on the run.

We have no doubt that this kid can play in the NFL if he stays healthy. As I said earlier, if he lands in a good situation, he could excel by his second season. We think his upside compares quite favorably to Matt Schaub and Tuel has better mobility than the Texans’ starter. If we were running an NFL team, we doubt Tuel would make it to the 5th round, which is earlier than we’ve seen him projected anywhere.

In a draft that lacks a lock stud QB, we’d rather draft Jeff Tuel in round five than any other QB in round one or two. The more we watch this year's group of QBs, the more we think the way to win this draft is to wait and get great value. It’s going to be very interesting to see where Tuel lands. The Patriots have had him in for a visit. He’d be a very good fit for their offense.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another player who should be getting more respect. Here’s a look at Jeff Tuel. It’s from Washington State’s Crimson and Gray Game, but it’s good quality footage.

Tuel's arm strength is nothing close to NFL caliber. It is woefully inadequate. He amply proved that last year.

Other than that, he's great. And it's really no big deal. It's not like a QB is paid to throw a football or anything like that.

I keep seeing this criticism and I think it's BS. Do me favor and tell me what QB has NFL arm strength. I will take a stop watch to that QB and compare it to Tuel. I'll bet there is little if any difference.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

wow....what a bunch of Debbie downers. Dude made 1 bad pass last year against a team that was undefeated.

Get a grip. He is Young, seems bigger this year and is still learning

before telling us to get a grip, go look at his stats. That game was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a quarterback. i thought it was impossible to lose with the way our defense was playing, but Tuel made the impossible possible.

18-39 2 INT 1 TD, Less than 6 yard average (despite a 59 yd pass), rating 52

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16237/jeff-tuel

Just so you know and you can google this

http://m.espn.go.com...ton&src=desktop

The NE Patriots worked out Tuel

And really wanted to sign him.

He could have been Brady's understudy.

Now if the pats and the coach billcheat

Saw that in him then maybe we have something

From all reports I ever here about camp

And Bills QB's it's been reported in the past that

Tuel has the strongest arm of all Bills QB's

I can't for the life of me know what's not to like

About Tuel. This is a undrafted player that looks

Like he has the tools to really be something

Google his college and pro scouting reports

See end of this post

Ok I do it for you this guy might be another

Kurt Warner. He really seems to know how

To play QB and looks the part.

I like EJ but he leaves my Shaking my

Head watching him play.

I can't put my finger on it. I think he is trying

To be to perfect. He needs to stop thinking

And just start playing some ball.

Now this guy was right on a lot of things

When it comes to Tuel

Link

http://rotobahn.com/...shington-state/

I'm back with another underrated player. Washington State's Jeff Tuel is a quarterback that we like a whole lot. I have to say, we are amazed that some people aren't even talking about this guy. The fact that he failed to get a combine invite was equally puzzling.

After watching a lot of game film, we feel that Tuel could be a very solid starter in the NFL. We don't even think it will take that much time if he lands with a decent team. Tuel is close to being game-ready right now. The big key for him, as we see it, is his health and durability. Tuel took a lot of hits in his time as a Cougar had a rough time with a clavicle injury in 2011. He came back too soon only to re-injure it and end up out for the season.

Here are the positive things that show up consistently on film...

Good mechanics and a good arm. No worries about making the throws at the next level.

Excellent mobility for a pocket passer. He can buy time and pick up extra yardage at times.

Has an accurate arm on the intermediate and deep balls.

Has a good feel for the position. Uses touch when needed but can fire the ball in there too. He throws a beautiful fade ball in the red zone.

He's relaxed in the pocket and sees the field well.

Keeps his eyes downfield even when his protections breaks down, which it often did. This will serve him well as a pro.

Has a good quick release and can set up and throw when on the run.

We have no doubt that this kid can play in the NFL if he stays healthy. As I said earlier, if he lands in a good situation, he could excel by his second season. We think his upside compares quite favorably to Matt Schaub and Tuel has better mobility than the Texans' starter. If we were running an NFL team, we doubt Tuel would make it to the 5th round, which is earlier than we've seen him projected anywhere.

In a draft that lacks a lock stud QB, we'd rather draft Jeff Tuel in round five than any other QB in round one or two. The more we watch this year's group of QBs, the more we think the way to win this draft is to wait and get great value. It's going to be very interesting to see where Tuel lands. The Patriots have had him in for a visit. He'd be a very good fit for their offense.

I'll be back tomorrow with another player who should be getting more respect. Here's a look at Jeff Tuel. It's from Washington State's Crimson and Gray Game, but it's good quality footage.

See now this is something. Nice draft/scout report.

He could be the next Kurt Warner. That good? Wow. That's saying a lot. I recall Kurt having a nice bomb throw and a sling shot down the middle.

I did kind of see that sling shot pass to Robert Woods on Sunday. It was kind of thrown too hard, but Woods made it happen for his qb.

We may have something here.

I'm not sold on the guy, I gotta be honest. And him beating some 2nd and 3rd is not saying that much. But I guess it's better than looking bad against lower quality.

Let's see if this thread becomes 99 pages by the end of pre-season. Since qb is the most important position in the game.

In the meantime. I hate Jeff Tuel. But not that kind of hate. You know what I mean.

I keep seeing this criticism and I think it's BS. Do me favor and tell me what QB has NFL arm strength. I will take a stop watch to that QB and compare it to Tuel. I'll bet there is little if any difference.

Caaaaaaaaaam and Vick.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

before telling us to get a grip, go look at his stats. That game was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a quarterback. i thought it was impossible to lose with the way our defense was playing, but Tuel made the impossible possible.

18-39 2 INT 1 TD, Less than 6 yard average (despite a 59 yd pass), rating 52

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16237/jeff-tuel

What did you expect tuel's stats to look like in his first NFL start, which was against a playoff team?

In the prediction thread the week before, I predicted 220 yards, 1TD, 2INTs, which is almost exactly how he performed.

If folks thought he would throw for 300 yds, 5 TDs and 0INT in his first start against a team like KC, they were delusional.

I don't get why people are always down on tuel.

Unlike the other QBs, at least he had shown some positive development.

Exactly. Let's just burn to the ground the guy that's shown the best grasp of the offense so far. I don't like the idea of Tuel as our starter, but he's shown enough flashes to hold on to as a developmental/backup type of guy. I actually have the most faith in Tuel to get our offense down the field, but I don't trust him to make the right decision in the goal line area.

What did you expect tuel's stats to look like in his first NFL start, which was against a playoff team?

In the prediction thread the week before, I predicted 220 yards, 1TD, 2INTs, which is almost exactly how he performed.

If folks thought he would throw for 300 yds, 5 TDs and 0INT in his first start against a team like KC, they were delusional.

Just want to get this right:

People are allowed to blame EJ for losing to Pitt, TB and a bad performance against Baltimore. Being a rookie is not an excuse.

People are not allowed to Blame Tuel for having terrible games against Cleveland and KC. Because he was a rookie?

Tuel has a chance to be good. But I think we really need to see these things happen before I am convinced.

I think he needs to genetically alter his body so he becomes bigger. He needs to develop a stronger arm by, say, tomorrow. He has to be taught how to run. He has to eliminate an alarming penchant for making a couple very good passes, lulling us to sleep with mediocrity and then making the absolutely horrendous play that knifes our team in the back. He has to become a good quarterback for actual full games. Oh, and he has to develop a time machine (or utilize someone else's) to go back and turn all those 4-21 losses in college and last year with the Bills into wins so he knows how to actually win a game instead of lose one.

If he can do all of that, watch out.

Exactly. Let's just burn to the ground the guy that's shown the best grasp of the offense so far. I don't like the idea of Tuel as our starter, but he's shown enough flashes to hold on to as a developmental/backup type of guy. I actually have the most faith in Tuel to get our offense down the field, but I don't trust him to make the right decision in the goal line area.

So we don't score points and don't win. Seems like an awesome effing plan. lets go with the Training camp HOF QB Jeff Tuel as the starter. I cannot wait for this season now.