Lynch Suspension?

I find it interesting that Marshawn Lynch's 3rd offense, and this time for a DUI that he plea bargained down to a reckless driving charge has not been addressed by the league yet.

Why has he not been suspended? This is his 3rd offense violating the NFL conduct policy. Why does someone like Nigel Bradham (first offense, substance abuse) get suspended for one game for an offense that took place last summer and Marshawn Lynch's 3rd and IMO a worse offense involving swerving in and out of lanes, drunk and putting other peoples lives in danger not addressed by the league? This offense took place 2 years ago.

Do they not want to suspend him for rating concerns?

What is going on here?

Is the NFL playing sides?

I find it interesting that Marshawn Lynch's 3rd offense, and this time for a DUI that he plea bargained down to a reckless driving charge has not been addressed by the league yet.

Why has he not been suspended? This is his 3rd offense violating the NFL conduct policy. Why does someone like Nigel Bradham (first offense, substance abuse) get suspended for one game for an offense that took place last summer and Marshawn Lynch's 3rd and IMO a worse offense involving swerving in and out of lanes, drunk and putting other peoples lives in danger not addressed by the league? This offense took place 2 years ago.

What is going on here?

All valid questions!

What is going on here?

Because he loves Skittles!

What is going on here?

lynch has had an interesting run of offenses that straddle the line between conduct and substance. i know the hit and run never had alcohol attached to the charge. his gun charge i am not sure about the marijuana in the car. if he wasnt hit for that, and it was attached to a friend, no strike for lynch.... and then again, this was a DUI but with the plea down im not sure if the nfl will count it under the DUI policy or general conduct.

depending on the classifications his lawyer may have maneuvered him into some sort of loophole where he has 2 prior conduct issues and this is a first strike DUI.... prior to May of this year that is not a suspendable offense without additional factors. even after may, its a matter of if he was found legally responsible. not sure how the nfl would deal with a plea as this has only been in place since May.... and honestly, his offense was PRIOR to the policy change so it doesnt much matter in his discussion.

really, it would take a pretty in depth knowledge of how the nfl handled the previous issues to be able to give a good answer.... but thats atleast an attempt to show how it could be possible. bradham by contrast was ticketed for marijuana which is a legal offense with a substance other than alcohol and is very explicitly suspendable for up to 4 games. for reference from the nfl: "A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without pay for four regular and/or post-season games for a first violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohol..."

Edited by NoSaint

Because he's a baby and plays the victim role too well. This whole holdout thing. Not showing up to the White House. The rumors that he would retire. It's over looked.

When an ostrich puts his head in the sand, does he disappear?

I doubt the league forgot about his transgressions because he skipped the White House.

Good points NoSense.

I still think there has got to be some sort of diciplinary action.

I dont know why but since lynch pulled that **** in buffalo, not even just the hit and run incident but him wearing oakland raiders gear to bills games, bringing flasks into bars, the applebees stunt and the list goes on that just rubs me the wrong way.

Everytime i see him on tv which is a ton, I get more and more

Diagusted.

Why don't you people let it go. Peters. Lynch. Levitre. Byrd (Nix is the guy that did not extend his contract when he could have). They all had talent and the guys making the decisions in Buffalo did not. The jury is still out on Whaley. So far so good.

naw. We like to linger on old stuff around here.

It just bothers me that he is basically a criminal that has very bad character issues and seattle fans look at him like hes a hero and how smart seattle was for trading for him and how dumb the bills are for letting him go.

Its made out to be like he was a "bad" player here. As a player he was never "bad" and had over 1100 yards as a rookie. He was never really recognized as anything special while he was in buffalo. From the media to the fans of other teams... No one cared....

The worst part about the whole deal is seatle won a superbowl with him, and to tell u the truth I dont think they would have without him...

However if you ask me today if I would still want him on the bills i would say no. Who would ever want to root for a guy like that.....

Edited by Silvercrw

The Beast has made one of the best PR turnarounds I have ever seen in sports. In Buffalo he was regarded as a bad dude 1 strike a way from a long suspension. in Seattle, he is regarded as a lovable goofball.

Well, it's a 360 then, not a 180 that he's done. When he first arrived here, he was our lovable goofball: Tippin' his whip, beast mode, flap-jawin' on mike'd up, etc., etc., etc. Then it seems he got bored and some of his less-than-stand-up character began to shine ooze through, and it smelled.

Right now it seems he's playing the leverage game. He will never again have as much leverage with the Seahags than he does right now. So, he's their problem now and they're welcome to it. I hope he just gives-it-to-them and Pete "slashes-fingers-to-his-throat" Carroll gets stomach ulcers as a result. I also hope Lynch gets some much-deserved game suspensions.

I've got my popcorn ready.