Astro-Notes, Sunday July 27th

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone is thanking you Astro I won't. Don't want to fill your head too much and let you get complacent. I expect more! ;)

What gives you hope for Hughes? Has he dropped back to coverage at all? Who is Kelvin Sheppard?

Manny Lawson ... what's up there?

Graham over Hogan, yes?

And, on the RB's, since I know your eye is keen on them; is Bryce Brown getting to the line as fast as advertised? Is he making the same mistakes CJ did last year or is he making holes like Fred had to do?

What about passes to RB's? Besides screens are we seeing them used at all in route running?

Since everyone is thanking you Astro I won't. Don't want to fill your head too much and let you get complacent. I expect more! ;)

What gives you hope for Hughes? Has he dropped back to coverage at all? Who is Kelvin Sheppard?

Manny Lawson ... what's up there?

Graham over Hogan, yes?

And, on the RB's, since I know your eye is keen on them; is Bryce Brown getting to the line as fast as advertised? Is he making the same mistakes CJ did last year or is he making holes like Fred had to do?

What about passes to RB's? Besides screens are we seeing them used at all in route running?

Hughes is disruptive on every play. Schwartz's scheme gives him one job, "see ball get ball", and it suits him well. His jump off the line immediately compromises protection, as the tackle is now out of position. If the tackle moves out to steer him past the QB, there's a hole for DT or LB. Hughes may lead the team in sacks due to scheme.

Manny seems to be used for run downs or not at all. Just as much as the scheme benefits Hughes, it pushes Lawson out. He stands on the sidelines with Hughes and they joke and talk, but Manny's second string in this scheme.

Hogan over Graham in catches, yards. Graham over Hogan in speed.

Bryce Brown hits the hole, one cut and straight forward. Same with Dixon. If we can create holes there, still the main question, They'll be great runners between the tackles, maybe even guards.

Lots of work today was on RBs catching passes out of the backfield, so yeah.

If Hogan is decent on Special Teams, he stays and its between TJ and Easley, IMO. Easley gave up a lot on KO returns last year. Basically, if Hopkins is kept b/c he kicks 3/4 out of the end zone, Easley is gone. If they go with one kicker, then Easley probably stays. Hogan needs to be Hopkins best friend, IMO

There are lots of great things about TBD (Bill NYC post game notes; Vader movie notes; whenever Beerball is on vacation - just to name a few).

Astro's camp notes are, hands down, the best part ... without a doubt.

Thanks for taking the time!!

Easley gave up a lot on kick-off returns ? Do you watch the Bills ? He`s the only one that makes plays on special teams. 8 and 8 ?

Easley, Summers and Moats were the best ST performers last year. (not counting the kicker and punter)

Easley's ST tackles are more than double the #2 guy.

I don't think it's an either-or between Easley and deep kicker.

I'm going to wait until after this weekend to name my 53-man roster, but I'll say in advance that Easley will be on it!