Nicks released from the Bucs.

I believe it is due to his turf toe, not the MRSA infection...

Last year...

I will have to deal with it my whole life,” Nicks said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “Honestly, it is not 100 percent, yet. I plan on playing some this next preseason game and obviously, the third one. We will see how it goes.”

http://profootballta...ent-toe-injury/

This year...

Basically, whether Nicks can go or not, it comes down to a pain tolerance issue. When Nicks first had the nasty turf toe – Joe saw that toe two years ago just before Nicks was placed on injured reserve and it was freaking gross! – he told Joe and other Tampa area pen and mic club types that he would have to live with pain the rest of his life. It comes down to how much pain can Nicks stomach.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=116270

EDIT: Lots of Bucs fans are saying the same thing.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Good player to kick the tires on

you guys and kicking friggin tires.....have you seen the names the bills have been signing lately....youve got a chance if you were an undrafted free agent from 2011.....how about jonathon vilma whos unemplyoed right now......i bet he out plays our stud re-tred kieth rivers .....you guys better start talkin about kicking some tires on QBs while your at it because EJ aint the answer.....can some one explain to me why the bills always have such high hopes on QBs that no other teams in the league want or even notice??

oh and by the way........kiko is done for the year.....i am as die hard as it gets and some of the moves make sense but i just dont see the championship blueprint here.

If we aren't taking on "re-treds" then we are taking on unproven players and are desperate.

And yes we all know for a FACT that EJ is a bust and needs to be replaced right now. No possibility he pans out and this somehow relates to Carl Nicks being released by the Bucs.

Seriously. Keep chat like that where it belongs please.

Back to the OP.

About Carl Nicks, really wish him the best such a great guard when healthy and to have to sit due to MRSA? What a shame.

If there was a chance he could be healthy I'd expect Whaley to be all over him right now.

you guys and kicking friggin tires.....have you seen the names the bills have been signing lately....youve got a chance if you were an undrafted free agent from 2011.....how about jonathon vilma whos unemplyoed right now......i bet he out plays our stud re-tred kieth rivers .....you guys better start talkin about kicking some tires on QBs while your at it because EJ aint the answer.....can some one explain to me why the bills always have such high hopes on QBs that no other teams in the league want or even notice??

oh and by the way........kiko is done for the year.....i am as die hard as it gets and some of the moves make sense but i just dont see the championship blueprint here.

Dude

"...and your little dog too"

Guy was pretty incredible for a short flash. Second time in about 5-10 years the saints have let a lineman walk for ELITE record setting type dollars at their position and the guys been out of the league almost immediately (lecharles Bentley being the other). No significance to that story, just an odd coincidence as all pros in their mid 20s rarely go through that.

Guy was pretty incredible for a short flash. Second time in about 5-10 years the saints have let a lineman walk for ELITE record setting type dollars at their position and the guys been out of the league almost immediately (lecharles Bentley being the other). No significance to that story, just an odd coincidence as all pros in their mid 20s rarely go through that.

And Bentley had an absolutely horrendous knee injury too. I believe at his first camp practice w Cleveland

The dude is retiring isn't he? The guy was guaranteed 6 million from the Bucs this season. But he wasn't able to play, so they settled with him on the money so he could retire.

This was a huge mistake for Mark Dominic, the previous GM for the Bucs. Tampa fans are so mad at this guy as he fleeced the Bucs for 13 mil over the last two years for playing avg for 9 games. Yes, you are right, he left due to a career ending turf toe injury that just would not get better. We should have picked this up in the physical, but Dominic was so desperate to put a winning team together, he made this mistake.

He was in his prime probably the best RG in football. He did have MRSA, but it resolved. If it didn't, he would be dead by now. That is a nasty methylicillan resistant gram positive skin infection that if not successfully treated can lead to sepsis, which means the infection spreads to your blood, and results in death. Mo bring this up as it is resolved just like I believe three others who contracted the infection from their training facilities. The funny thing is the facilities at One Buc Place are state of the art, very clean, and absolutely beautiful.

What an enormous disappointment. You guys know what a Bills fan I am, but I also love my Bucs. I'm just so glad we have Lovie again, and have real high hopes for the Bucs this year. The Bucs made a lot of moves this off-season like the Bills and there is a real buzz down here.

So please everyone, before you want to kick tires on someone, look into why he is not at a team. I'm so glad we are not going after old retreads. It doesn't work.

Go Bills!