Programming Alert: Andre Reed the Road to Canton

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the show? Pretty interesting some of his family history I had never heard. Can't wait to see his induction.

Anyone know if this will re-air?

1am

I'm not too big of a person to say that I cried for quite a bit of that hour.

Man I miss those teams. I miss the unconditional love for the Bills in this town. The clip of Whitney singing the national anthem made me ball. I love this country. I love this city. I love this team.

Edited by mrags

I'm not too big of a person to say that I cried for quite a bit of that hour.

Man I miss those teams. I miss the unconditional love for the Bills in this town. The clip of Whitney singing the national anthem made me ball. I love this country. I love this city. I love this team.

:thumbsup:

Many 90's era Bills on the program. Bruce, Biscuit, Frank Reich, James Lofton, Thurmal, Levy & Tasker. When they showed clips of others induction speeches referencing and promoting Andre, I couldn't help thinking a part of this program was aimed at getting Tasker more plugs for enshrinement and wouldn't be surprised if Andre says something about him in his acceptance speech.

Steve's been close, but falling further back as years pass. With Ray Guy in this class, it at least brings STers back into the discussion.

Like a Sabres fan chant for more goals, 'Jimbo, Bruce, Thurman, James, Marv, Andre.. WE WANT TASKER!!'

Just finished watching it. Questions I had afterward:

1. Whatever happened to Chris Burkett?

2. Does Sammy's initial work ethic, strengths and talent remind of you of what Reed brought to the Bills in '85? A go-to WR who feels he is always open and will make the catch, with the suddenness and RAC ability to dominate?

3. Could the transformation the Bills made from 1985 to 1988 under Polian and Levy be mirrored by this team under Whaley and Marrone? As Tasker said, "all of a sudden, we were just really good." It didn't happen overnight, but it did happen.

<Pauses to take a sip of Kool-Aid>

Edited by YoloinOhio