Ray Rice suspended two games? (Update: now cut/suspended)

Not sure how the ginger hammer will spin this...

AP Source: Law enforcement official sent copy of Ray Rice tape to NFL executive in April.

http://abcnews.go.co...y-rice-25414853

EDIT: http://www.kake.com/...11.html?ref=011

EDIT2: http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-had-copy-of-ray-rice-tape-1633159819

Edited by TheLynchTrain

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much. "Society's standards" equals mob rule outside the judicial system, obviously.

The true fallacy of that reasoning being: judging by the relative outrage, by "society's standards," knocking a woman out cold is much, MUCH worse when it's on camera.

It was comical listening to Goodell address that question. Basically, "No, we didn't need to see it on video to hand out an indefinite suspension. The video doesn't change how terrible the incident was. But after seeing the video we immediately handed out an indefinite suspension."

It was comical listening to Goodell address that question. Basically, "No, we didn't need to see it on video to hand out an indefinite suspension. The video doesn't change how terrible the incident was. But after seeing the video we immediately handed out an indefinite suspension."

In a way it makes sense. He's suspended for conduct detrimental to the league. After the video came out his conduct became much more detrimental to the league.

Usually, when someone uses the caveat "to my knowledge," they're freaking lying.

See ya Roger. It's now up on PFT so I imagine this will be a huge new story tonight.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/report-law-enforcement-sent-ray-rice-video-to-nfl-executive-months-ago/

Does this deserve its own thread?

If I were Goodell I'd deny it up to the point where they produce a video of me watching the video.

lol, I give Goodell 48 hours max before he is ultimately forced to resign. His face was so red in that CBS interview, I thought they were talking to Coughlin on the sideline in December.

So, guys, you might want to pick up Josh Gordon in your fantasy leagues!

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

Shouldn't you be excoriating the prosecutors in this case instead of the NFL? Plus, a moralistic cop/prosecutor is a dangerous thing. A man's got to know his limitations. Based on what you've said in this thread I'm pretty sure we'd disagree on your assessment of your moral duty. I'd guess it would be more aptly defined as imposing your self-righteous will.

You might want to look up the concept of projection...

The kicker is I won't mind seeing Goodell go. It's just a shame that it will likely be for doing his job.

If he goes, it will be for trying too hard to appease the public rather than just staying the f@#$ out of it and passing the buck to law enforcement as the league has usually done. "This is a legal matter. We will leave it up to the courts. League policy says 2 game ban. We will examine the policy more closely in the offseason."

You might want to look up the concept of projection...

:lol:

I am puzzled why seeing the tape of him hitting her makes it worse than seeing her prone on the floor. We know he hit her. He admitted to it. The 2 game suspension was too light. 8 game minimum. This is media driven. I still remember them letting Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth play and they killed people while driving drunk. The thing that irked me the most is Rice was given a pass by the prosecutor. The Ravens should have suspended Rice longer themselves. No laws were broken by the NFL. I wish all those involved took domestic violence more seriously before this blew up.