CJ Spiller contract (Jamaal charles deal)

You hate Spiller so much, you can't even read right. I clearly said Charles was the 2nd best rb in the NFL.

I get it. You think Spiller sucks. But yet when it comes to putting money on Spiller's production, you back down.

yeah. I scan through most of everyone's crap because I can't stand the over exaggeration a of lost people now days.

I don't back down. The problem is, most people that are interested in putting a bet up on the subject are off on what they think a good running back puts up. I say 1,200 yards is far from elite but good enough to be considered "good"

Anything less just isn't good IMO. It's average to maybe a little above average.

So of you want to bet that say... CJ has more or less than 1,200 rushing, 400 recording, and 8 TDs, then you have a deal. He'll be under on 2 of 3 of those for sure and I wouldn't think twice about it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

And good weapon? Sure. But McCoy/Charles are more than good weapons.

Who cares how much he gets paid unless it's the Bills overpaying for him?

Why does his average matter if he's only been able to start for ~14 games in 5 years?

Check out McCoy's 2012.

I never really viewed Spiller as a traditional RB. I have always looked at him like Reggie or Harvin. A special guy that you get like 8 carries, 5 catches and returns. He is an offensive weapon. The trade for Brown in no way precludes them from locking up CJ in that role.

Agreed for the most part. Though I think Spiller is a better rusher than Bush while Bush is the better receiver. Spiller also never got to play with Brees or Calvin Johnson or get coached by Payton.

Trust me, I don't think Spiller is Peterson. But I think so folks underestimate how surroundings can affect a rb's production. Spiller is very undervalued by some here.

yeah. I scan through most of everyone's crap because I can't stand the over exaggeration a of lost people now days.

I don't back down. The problem is, most people that are interested in putting a bet up on the subject are off on what they think a good running back puts up. I say 1,200 yards is far from elite but good enough to be considered "good"

Anything less just isn't good IMO. It's average to maybe a little above average.

So of you want to bet that say... CJ has more or less than 1,200 rushing, 400 recording, and 8 TDs, then you have a deal. He'll be under on 2 of 3 of those for sure and I wouldn't think twice about it.

The touchdown part is tough with Spiller because he doesn't get goalline carries.

Why don't we just go 1,500 total yards? That would put him 5th last year for backs?

And since I feel bad taking a fellow Bills' fan's money, let's go $25. Deal?

Agree with all of that. I like Spiller and think that the value that he provides at the price he will command is a no brainer. If you can get him for roughly what he makes now (which you will) why wouldn't you? I would sign him now as I think he is in for a big year. At the very least he is a specialty weapon that can alter games with 1 touch. Either way, I hope that he remains in a Bills uni for years to come.

I think his average is going to be higher than the 4.2m he's making this year, probably closer to 5m

Check out McCoy's 2012.

Hurt 1 year out of 5? Pretty good,

McCoy's first 3 years. 637 Rushing yards. 1080 rushing yards. 1,309 rushing yards.

Spill's first 3 years. 283 rushing yards. 561 rushing yards. 1,244 rushing yards.

Lot's of similarities in consistency.

How about this, year before injury and year of injury?

McCoy 1309 in 15 games in 2011, with 20 TD's!, 1 fumble. 2012 got hurt, 840 yards in 12 games, 5 TD's, 2 fumbles.

Spill's 1244 in 16 games in 2012, with 8 TD's 3 fumbles. 2013 got hurt, 927 yards in 15 games, 2 TD's, 4 fumbles.

Looks like CJ doesn't even come close to Shady, even with 3 extra games in their "hurt" years.

Shady, 49 career TD's, 10 career fumbles.

Spiller, 17 career TD's, 14 career fumbles.

Yikes.

But CJ's 5.1 YPC career average right? Let's look at some more fun averages. Fumble average 3.5 per year. Yikes. 4.25 TD's per year. Yikes. 753.75 yards per year. Yikes. 7.75 starts per year. Yikes.

He's a homerun threat who hit 2 homeruns last year. He's not worth much.

Edited by FireChan

You hate Spiller so much, you can't even read right. I clearly said Charles was the 2nd best rb in the NFL.

I get it. You think Spiller sucks. But yet when it comes to putting money on Spiller's production, you back down.

Oh no... He put money up... He offered me $1000 bet that Spiller wouldn't hit 1600 yards of offense

I never really viewed Spiller as a traditional RB. I have always looked at him like Reggie or Harvin. A special guy that you get like 8 carries, 5 catches and returns. He is an offensive weapon. The trade for Brown in no way precludes them from locking up CJ in that role.

If Spiller has a big year or a year similar to 2012 and E.J. improves I think the Bills are hard pressed to let him go; Because they should improve. If they're a 9-7 or 10-6 team with that then it's "why let a key player go." If he has a season similar to last and E.J. does the same then it's "we can lose without him." Over-value players when ya win and under-value players when you're bad. With that said Marrone and Whaley I believe are just waiting to be fired if the Bills are 6-10. Not to say they wouldn't get 2015. I just think it'd be hard to get a coach or gm to come in without a 1st rd pick and no QB.

Check out McCoy's 2012.

Agreed for the most part. Though I think Spiller is a better rusher than Bush while Bush is the better receiver. Spiller also never got to play with Brees or Calvin Johnson or get coached by Payton.

Trust me, I don't think Spiller is Peterson. But I think so folks underestimate how surroundings can affect a rb's production. Spiller is very undervalued by some here.

The touchdown part is tough with Spiller because he doesn't get goalline carries.

Why don't we just go 1,500 total yards? That would put him 5th last year for backs?

And since I feel bad taking a fellow Bills' fan's money, let's go $25. Deal?

increase it to 1,600 and I'll bet you whatever you want guy.

Spiller won't be extended and he's not in Jamaal Charles' category. If reports are correct, Bryce Brown was a guy the current front office liked a year ago and this probably will be Jackson's final year. Re-signing RB's to big money long term contracts is fool's gold. I doubt CJ fits into the mold of what Marrone wants to do, and it's anyone's guess who the HC and GM will be come January.

Pretty sure CJ will be sent packing. New ownership will shred this place and put their own people in who will have zippo loyalty to any player or coach or front office guy. Things they will be a changing

Spiller won't get $9m/year...

If he gets over $7m/year, I would be very happy to let him go... Congratulate him on such a good deal and move on... But for $5m/year- I would like him to stay in town

He makes great plays occasionally, but I wouldn't give him the ball if I needed three yards to run out the clock.

Just because some person says he could be traded, does not mean the Bills are even thinking about it!

They wouldn't listen to trade offers a couple months ago... he will not be traded!

Wasn't Philly inquiring ?

CJ should be measured in his all purpose yards , because he is most valuable as a threat . Defenses play to him even still. showed last year. Nate might figure it out this year . If he does the Bills are going to be the better team for it.

I think Whaley is genius getting Dixon and Brown ! all bases covered potentially

Pretty sure CJ will be sent packing. New ownership will shred this place and put their own people in who will have zippo loyalty to any player or coach or front office guy. Things they will be a changing

Thats like , your opinion , Man .

Wasn't Philly inquiring ?

CJ should be measured in his all purpose yards , because he is most valuable as a threat . Defenses play to him even still. showed last year. Nate might figure it out this year . If he does the Bills are going to be the better team for it.

I think Whaley is genius getting Dixon and Brown ! all bases covered potentially

Thats like , your opinion , Man .

Philly inquired last year and before they got Sproles...

Would you people please knock it off with this "wanna bet?" BS? Take that crap to PM, this isn't a gambling site.

I bet that's asking too much...

Philly inquired last year and before they got Sproles...

I bet that's asking too much...

And the way i understood it to be was that Spiller was not for sale.

We shall see what happens this year though