Know anyone with a disease? Read this

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

COLORADO KIDS PAY BIG PRICE FOR STATE’S DECISION TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA [UPDATED]

The returns are in on Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana: (1) Large amounts of money are being made thanks to legalization, privately and by the state; (2) “horrible things are happening to kids.”

The quotation is from psychiatrist Libby Stuyt. She treats teens in southwestern Colorado and has studied the health effects of high-potency marijuana. Stuyt says: “I see increased problems with psychosis, with addiction, with suicide, with depression and anxiety” stemming from legalization in the state.

Stuyt’s report won’t surprise anyone who has read Alex Berensen’s book Tell Your Children, which I discussed here. Berensen noted that over the past few decades, studies around the globe have found that THC, the active compound in cannabis, is strongly linked to psychosis, schizophrenia, and violence. He interviewed far-flung researchers who have documented the contribution of THC to serious mental illness.

Now, are we seeing these effects in Colorado. Libby Stuyt’s report from ground zero is bolstered by data. The Washington Post informs us that in the Denver area, visits to Children’s Hospital Colorado facilities for treatment of cyclic vomiting, paranoia, psychosis and other acute cannabis-related symptoms jumped to 777 in 2015, from 161 in 2005. The increase was most notable in the years following legalization of medical sales in 2009 and retail use in 2014.

More at the link:

The quotation is from psychiatrist Libby Stuyt. She treats teens in southwestern Colorado and has studied the health effects of high-potency marijuana.

High potency!  Damn right. I was at a concert with a friend a few months ago. They were smoking pot nearby and I took one hit said “no more!” and I smoked semi-regularly. Unbeknownst to me she took four hits. I left to get something for us to drink. When I got back she was pale white and said “we gotta go!”  As we were leaving she passed out and fell down some stairs and suffered a concussion that gave her dizzy spells for weeks. Yeah weed....harmless. 

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

How many of them drink enough to ruin their lives but still remain superior to anyone that’s touched a marijuana’s. 

How many marijuanas have you smoked ? 

Marijuanas?  

16 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

6 of them 

Eight now, counting Jim and his brain damaged lover-mistress.

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

The quotation is from psychiatrist Libby Stuyt. She treats teens in southwestern Colorado and has studied the health effects of high-potency marijuana.

High potency!  Damn right. I was at a concert with a friend a few months ago. They were smoking pot nearby and I took one hit said “no more!” and I smoked semi-regularly. Unbeknownst to me she took four hits. I left to get something for us to drink. When I got back she was pale white and said “we gotta go!”  As we were leaving she passed out and fell down some stairs and suffered a concussion that gave her dizzy spells for weeks. Yeah weed....harmless. 

Way to go, Jimmy.  When your friend needed a hand, you left her to go drinking.  Tell the truth, did you stagger into her bumping her down the stairs too?  I would think that the least you could have done would be to offer your arm to an unsteady friend.  Pretty crappy, Jimbo!  Clear to see right there your philosophy of life - it is all about Jim, eh?

If your mistress friend had taken several slugs from a flask of unknown liquid and had the same reaction she had to the cannabis, would you blame Bicardi for making strong liquor or your foolish mistress- lover?

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

Liberalism is a mental disease. Can pot cure that?

Asking for a friend.

Why not? It's an all-natural miracle plant that inhales harmful carbon dioxide to produce fresh oxygen when alive, and cures what ails you when it's harvested and dried (thus giving back precious water to mother nature)!

10 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Eight now, counting Jim and his brain damaged lover-mistress.

Way to go, Jimmy.  When your friend needed a hand, you left her to go drinking.  Tell the truth, did you stagger into her bumping her down the stairs too?  I would think that the least you could have done would be to offer your arm to an unsteady friend.  Pretty crappy, Jimbo!  Clear to see right there your philosophy of life - it is all about Jim, eh?

If your mistress friend had taken several slugs from a flask of unknown liquid and had the same reaction she had to the cannabis, would you blame Bicardi for making strong liquor or your foolish mistress- lover?

I went to get bottles of water. I don’t drink and she rarely does. As we were walking down the stairs I had a bottle of water in each hand. When I noticed she was getting woozy I turned to set the water down to help her that’s when she fell. Boy I bet you feel stupid or stoned or stupidly stoned. ?

The Leafly article of the week.  Hopefully this information keeps some people (like Jim's mistress) from consuming cannabis foolishly in the future.  Btw Jim, I hope that psychosis has cleared up for you two.

One should know what they are consuming (top priority).  One should be aware of their setting and their comfort level if they do plan to get high.  They should certainly be aware of their cannabis tolerance.  They should always start low and go slow with anything 'new' to them.  Also important, if they ignore the guidelines and get too high, they should take responsibility for their own decisions and actions and not look elsewhere to find blame.

Some other good info in the article too.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/factors-that-affect-your-cannabis-high

Hey Bob, got back from a checkup and all  tests in normal range. BP was 122/62!  Five tears post stroke as of a week from  next Monday. All without a puff  or leaf of ganga passing my lips.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Have to take  BP medicines,  a statin,  and a couple of others (for a total of 7 prescriptions(and Mg (for leg cramps), aspirin, and VitaminD). Had some back spasms, but subsided, and I need to  lose more weight. My stress test last month was OK. I glad I am in good shape  even with the stress of being primary caretaker for my almost 93 year-old mom.

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

The Leafly article of the week.  Hopefully this information keeps some people (like Jim's mistress) from consuming cannabis foolishly in the future.  Btw Jim, I hope that psychosis has cleared up for you two.

One should know what they are consuming (top priority).  One should be aware of their setting and their comfort level if they do plan to get high.  They should certainly be aware of their cannabis tolerance.  They should always start low and go slow with anything 'new' to them.  Also important, if they ignore the guidelines and get too high, they should take responsibility for their own decisions and actions and not look elsewhere to find blame.

Some other good info in the article too.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/factors-that-affect-your-cannabis-high

So today's lesson:

If you really want to get ***** up and fall down start slow.  

I thought this thread was about curing diseases not getting wasted.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I thought this thread was about curing diseases not getting wasted.  

Wait, are you implying that stoners have an ulterior motive to their pot-is-a-cureall bullschitt?