I can't wait for the JP excuses to begin!!

kota

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that. This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever. I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses. Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year.

It is just going to be interesting to see. JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year. His preseason was OK during the games. He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility. He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

Long story short i just hope he is the Messiah of football because if he isn't then this board is going to be a horrible place to be.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that.  This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever.  I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses.  Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year. 

It is just going to be interesting to see.  JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year.  His preseason was OK during the games.  He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility.  He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

Long story short i just hope he is the Messiah of football because if he isn't then this board is going to be a horrible place to be.

218285[/snapback]

JP can't win. Regardless of how good or how bad he turns out to be, certain people won't be happy on this board. It's a fact.

But hey, it's what makes the board fun :)

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that.  This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever.  I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses.  Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year.

218285[/snapback]

At least we know exactly which posters would be starting them. :blink:

"Revenge of the Apologists" :):):blink:

It is just going to be interesting to see.  JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year.  His preseason was OK during the games.  He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility.  He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

218285[/snapback]

To me its only 1 excuse, hes young! :)

Funny, I don't remember any I hate Drew threads. Plenty I hate the thought of Drew as the Bills starting QB threads though. Really, it isn't personal, DB is a very civic minded individual and he is highly respected. He just isn't starting QB material (IMO).

218285[/snapback]

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg? Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

J.P. hasn't impressed you much this year? He hardly threw any balls. The only game he played bad in was in NE when we were getting it handed to us.

I would think most people would give him a bye his first season unless he is playing absolutely horrible. However, if he was the starter in pre-season and started all the games for us, I think he would have done just as well as Drew.

We don't need a Messiah with our D and special teams - hell, I'll take a Dilfer. We just need someone that doesn't make stupid mistakes and can create plays when things break down. Not to mention - doesn't choke when it's time to nut up.

I have said this from the get-go..

JP will NOT lead us to the playoffs next year. However, it is more that likely Bledsoe wouldn't either. The thing is, JP needs to start SOMETIME. So, let's let him get in there, get yet another season to say "maybe next year" and then look forward to going deep into the playoffs of the 2006 season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, beating St. Louis was the worst thing that could have happened this year (in hindsight, of course). If we had continued to lose, you'd think we almost surely would have gone with JP, had him play the last 6 games, and then he'd be ready to win next year.

I say we have to start him next year, AND we have to be ready to live through the growing pains...

JP will NOT lead us to the playoffs next year. However, it is more that likely Bledsoe wouldn't either. The thing is, JP needs to start SOMETIME. So, let's let him get in there, get yet another season to say "maybe next year" and then look forward to going deep into the playoffs of the 2006 season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, beating St. Louis was the worst thing that could have happened this year (in hindsight, of course). If we had continued to lose, you'd think we almost surely would have gone with JP, had him play the last 6 games, and then he'd be ready to win next year.

I say we have to start him next year, AND we have to be ready to live through the growing pains...

218301[/snapback]

I agree, and since there isnt another option out there via FA that would make sense to sign to win NOW, (AKA, a huge upgrade from Bledsoe), there is nowhere to go but to play the kid and see what happens.

218301[/snapback]

NO, the worst thing was one of our player playing DUMB and hitting our QB!!! There is a reason that they were red in practice!

Do me a favor, Dont come here and claim that ANYTHING is a fact. Would you have claimed Roth wouldnt take the Steelers to the playoffs? We are closer to being the Steelers than the Giants at this point. Great D, good supporting cast, great RB, improving o-line (not as good as Pitt). Its very possible IMO that JP wins maybe 9 games and gets us in as a wildcard. More accurately, the rest of our team give us a chance to win 9 games with a very young QB rather than JP playing like a stud and doing it in his first season starting. To get in, its more about WHO those 9 wins are against than the record if your not winning the division, and I DONT see us winning the division over the Pats.

I dont claim that JP has to do anything more than play as good as Drew did this year (very mediocre). If he does JUST that, he is better. He doesnt have the passers mental block against NE that Drew does, his legs are an upgrade, and his upside may have him playing like a superstar every now and again, maybe even when we need it. All of that is something Drew DIDNT do this year, and we have NO reason to think he does any better next year!

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg?  Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

J.P. hasn't impressed you much this year?  He hardly threw any balls.  The only game he played bad in was in NE when we were getting it handed to us.

I would think most people would give him a bye his first season unless he is playing absolutely horrible.  However,  if he was the starter in pre-season and started all the games for us, I think he would have done just as well as Drew.

We don't need a Messiah with our D and special teams - hell, I'll take a Dilfer.  We just need someone that doesn't make stupid mistakes and can create plays when things break down.  Not to mention  - doesn't choke when it's time to nut up.

218299[/snapback]

"We don't need a Messiah"

exactly

218285[/snapback]

JP may very well turn out to be a very good QB but it's gonna take time. Let's hope that our WR's and defense doesn't age so quickly.

He's no Ben and I don't see him doing what that guy did next year. I dunno but 2005 doesn't seem like a playoff year to me.

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg?  Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

218299[/snapback]

It was my understanding that yes Vincent and him did collide and that his leg went at a weird angle and broke. Did Vincent physically fall on him? Even still his durability is a question in my mind.

Ummm, we already have a "Dilfer" his name is Drew, look how far that took us!

218322[/snapback]

you probably misunderstood me. JP-Era. It's an argument FOR Losman.

what I am saying is that he doesn't need to be the greatest QB, but he must be better than Drew. The fact that he brings another dimension that DB does not (ability to move feet even an inch or 2) forces D's to gameplan a bit differently. And his release is quicker than DB's. With a bit more games and confidence under his belt, that quicker release will help him and make D's honest. They won't be able to just bring everyone at the QB. You can't do that with Drew. He has lost his ability to burn a blitz.

got me?

It was my understanding that yes Vincent and him did collide and that his leg went at a weird angle and broke.  Did Vincent physically fall on him?  Even still his durability is a question in my mind.

218368[/snapback]

Do you have any problem with WM being our starting RB? If you are concerned about JP's durability, you must be a nervous wreck every time WM touches the ball? :P