I can't wait for the JP excuses to begin!!

kota

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see a passer's mental block on September 7th, 2003.

CW

218470[/snapback]

That's cause the night before,

the moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars.

No telling when that would ever happen again. :P

So getting 9 wins with JPL is good, but 9 wins with DB and he should be cut?

YES... do you really not see the difference??? Drew is a finished and "diminished" commodity. The other is a "work in progress". 9-7 is as good as it gets with Bledsoe. You can play Bledsoe again next year, but I guarantee you'll get what you got. You can do that, but at what point does the "coddling" of JP stop and you play him. Start JP next season and the best you can hope for is 9-7. But after a season under his belt, things begin to get progressively better... they won't with Drew... they'll get progressively worse.

As for the rest of the team... TD invested the #1 pix on offense the last 3 years... he better pay attention to the defense this time around... Sam and Pat are aging even if they re-sign Pat... Bannon and Edwards have done nothing to prove they're ready to step up. Kelsay and Schobel are average. The LB cast is one LB short of a good starter... Posey is average... maybe below average. We need a real free safety... Vincent might be able to cover, but the Bills need a safety that will lay a receiver out and one that will come up and spank a runner... Vincent won't do either. Also, need another corner... cuz TD aint going to pay Clements top CB money after next season.

This #2 defense is baloney... The Jets were the best team the Bills beat. This defense couldn't hold up against the Pats and got shredded by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers. This defense didn't have to face the Colts or the Chiefs either.

9-7...yeah, OK... the Bills should be a better team next year... but I have a hard time seeing them having a better record.

Didn't see a passer's mental block on September 7th, 2003.

CW

218470[/snapback]

Well. im glad that you could manage to record ONE game in your brain where Drew actually did something.

Me Id like to see some good play every week or hell even the majority of the time.

I just watched the SF game again, in that game Drew would have been picked at least twice for TD's if its was a good team.

He is just plain and simply, mediocre at best. We need more. JP MAY have more, we will have to see, but we KNOW Drew doesnt have it any "more".

That's cause the night before,

the moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars.

No telling when that would ever happen again. :P

218474[/snapback]

A rooster crowed at mid night ,a dI left some bacon under an oak tree.

Maybe Drew should play in the "Serpent and the Rainbow" league.

Something about Drew being a zombie, coming back from the dead.

Well. im glad that you could manage to record ONE game in your brain where Drew actually did something.

Me Id like to see some good play every week or hell even the majority of the time.

I just watched the SF game again, in that game Drew would have been picked at least twice for TD's if its was a good team.

He is just plain and simply, mediocre at best. We need more. JP MAY have more, we will have to see, but we KNOW Drew doesnt have it any "more".

218507[/snapback]

Please, that's SOOO weak the "well the ball COULD have been intercepted on that play, so the QB sucks!" The same never holds true when the receiver drops the ball though. :P News flash -- lots of QBs have balls dropped that "could" have been intercepted. It's called football :w00t:

CW

Please, that's SOOO weak the "well the ball COULD have been intercepted on that play, so the QB sucks!"  The same never holds true when the receiver drops the ball though. :P  News flash -- lots of QBs have balls dropped that "could" have been intercepted.  It's called football :w00t:

CW

218571[/snapback]

dude. Drew Bledsoe sucks. The sooner you see that, the better.

Please, that's SOOO weak the "well the ball COULD have been intercepted on that play, so the QB sucks!"  The same never holds true when the receiver drops the ball though. :P  News flash -- lots of QBs have balls dropped that "could" have been intercepted.  It's called football :w00t:

CW

218571[/snapback]

So, Sept 7th was your arguement for keeping Drew?

Seriously?

I just think we need to actually be competitive against the Pats and, hey, I know its crazy talk but, maybe even try to win the division.

Drew aint gonna do that for us ever.

I guess your happy playing ALL the playoff games on the road, in someone else house, and being onthe outside looking in.

Me, Ill cut my loses and try to go in a different direction where we dont have all this mental "bagage".

So, Sept 7th was your arguement for keeping Drew?

Seriously?

I just think we need to actually be competitive against the Pats and, hey, I know its crazy talk but, maybe even try to win the division.

Drew aint gonna do that for us ever.

I guess your happy playing ALL the playoff games on the road, in someone else house, and being onthe outside looking in.

Me, Ill cut my loses and try to go in a different direction where we dont have all this mental "bagage".

218581[/snapback]

Do you not know how to read quotes??? You said DB can't beat NE beacuse of a "passer's block." I pointed out that he has, in fact, beaten NE. Then you spewed some other crap and now you're accusing me of wanting to keep DB based on that one game?! You're cracked dude.

CW

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that.  This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever.  I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses.  Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year. 

It is just going to be interesting to see.  JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year.  His preseason was OK during the games.  He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility.  He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

Long story short i just hope he is the Messiah of football because if he isn't then this board is going to be a horrible place to be.

218285[/snapback]

Put me down as a "Losman Apologist" already, because I believe good football begins at the line, not the backfield...

Put me down as a "Losman Apologist" already, because I believe good football begins at the line, not the backfield...

218632[/snapback]

I totally concur with that.....

I think that people are missing the point when it comes to the transition of the QB's

- Yes....Losman will make some mistakes BUT

- The offense is already pro run, conservative pass, dummied down so that DREW could run it.........

- We do in fact have the other components in place so that he doesnt need to win it for us.....strong running game, strong defense, strong special teams

- Get him a quality TE safety valve.....improve the line at left guard and maybe center

I am tellin ya....there is nothing but pluses here.......

I totally concur with that.....

I think that people are missing the point when it comes to the transition of the QB's

- Yes....Losman will make some mistakes BUT

- The offense is already pro run, conservative pass, dummied down so that DREW could run it.........

- We do in fact have the other components in place so that he doesnt need to win it for us.....strong running game, strong defense, strong special teams

- Get him a quality TE safety valve.....improve the line at left guard and maybe center

I am tellin ya....there is nothing but pluses here.......

218685[/snapback]

Except Losman, who, based on what I've seen so far, doesn't have what it takes to be a pro QB. Though I could be wrong (I hope I am).

And yet, when he's sacked eight times in a game because his dumbass guard can't understand his blocking assignments, I'll be called an apologist. It's The Way Of The Board... :P

Losman will be critisized for bad play. I would rather see a 23 year old 1st time starter with an upside, make some mistakes over a 34 year old 13 year Vet making multiple mistakes, with no upside.

218696[/snapback]

What upside? He sucks. Waste of a 1st round pick.

Just my opinion. :P I honestly don't see much upside to him at this point; kid has a lot of bad habits (release, footwork, vision, decision-making) to work out before he can be effective. But hey...I'm a Losman Apologist, what do I know?

What upside?  He sucks.  Waste of a 1st round pick.

Just my opinion.  :P  I honestly don't see much upside to him at this point; kid has a lot of bad habits (release, footwork, vision, decision-making) to work out before he can be effective.  But hey...I'm a Losman Apologist, what do I know?

218706[/snapback]

I would like to see JP play before I decide he sucks. I know DB sucks, he reminds me of an old fighter who can't pull the trigger when there is an openning.

Maybe JP will be another Rob Johnson, maybe he will be another Jim Kelly. Who knows?

If the bengals can sit Kitna after the GREAT season he had in 2003, then the Bills can sit Bledsoe after last years subpar performance.

I would like to see JP play before I decide he sucks. I know DB sucks, he reminds me of an old fighter who can't pull the trigger when there is an openning.

Maybe JP will be another Rob Johnson, maybe he will be another Jim Kelly. Who knows? 

If the bengals can sit Kitna after the GREAT season he had in 2003, then the Bills can sit Bledsoe after last years subpar performance.

218739[/snapback]

Please don't ever use the Bengals as a gauge to the positive. I mean that in the nicest way.

I honestly don't see much upside to him at this point; kid has a lot of bad habits (release, footwork, vision, decision-making) to work out before he can be effective. 

218706[/snapback]

Quit talking about Bledsoe. We've moved on to the unknown Losman.