WGR Talking Hockey in Mid-July

ET1062

I'm very excited about the Sabres right now and extremely interested in how their prospects looked at this week's camp. I'm glad WGR is spending a lot of time on the subject, because until the Bills actually start practicing there's not much that hasn't already been said.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sabres are more exciting than the Bills are. It's really that simple. The Sabres tore it all down and are rebuilding correctly as where the Bills have been in a bad way for many years.

The Bills are not the core or premier sports team in town, that is for sure. The Sabres are, Buffalo is much more of a hockey town than football town and that's not a knock on football, it's a geographical circumstance.

I stream WGR from out of town. They probably don't care about me from a ratings standpoint, but I turn it off when the hockey talk comes on and have stopped listening altogether to the Simon show and Schopp unless Sal is filling in. Even when those guys do talk about the Bills, they seem apathetic or uninformed. JMO.

The Sabres are more exciting than the Bills are. It's really that simple. The Sabres tore it all down and are rebuilding correctly as where the Bills have been in a bad way for many years.

The Bills are not the core or premier sports team in town, that is for sure. The Sabres are, Buffalo is much more of a hockey town than football town and that's not a knock on football, it's a geographical circumstance.

your at the most 31 years old. It shows.

Btw, this is cool!

@JoeBuscaglia: First night of camp is here, and I'm taking your calls from 5 to 7 pm on @WGR550. Anything #Bills related is on the table. Tune in!

surprised Schoop isn't on and talking about tennis or something. Edited by mrags

I'm very excited about the Sabres right now and extremely interested in how their prospects looked at this week's camp. I'm glad WGR is spending a lot of time on the subject, because until the Bills actually start practicing there's not much that hasn't already been said.

Yeah, pretty much agree on all points.

The Sabres are in the midst of a comprehensive overhaul/rebuild that just might solidify the roster as a serious contender for 10 years.

With that said, I can't wait for some training camp story lines.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: They are talking hockey, two hours every weekday, whether you like it or not...they have a Buffalo Sabres show...just like the they a 2 hour Buffalo Bills show, every week, all year...the Bufflao Sabres (there is another pro sports team in town) are having the NHL equivalant of their rookie mini-camp...some people are actually interested in the Sabres and the Bills...hard as that may be to fathom.... it seems like somebody starts this !@#$ing thread every other week....

It is hard to fathom. Hockey is god awful

Uh, no.

I wish another station would go with a sports oriented format. I think it would bury WGR. I for years listened to GR almost all day, but now mostly only listen to Rome, and a little bit in the morning, but Howard and Jeremy get old real quick.

I refuse to listen to Schopp. That arrogant A-hole has no listening value whatsoever! I miss the old days and "The Coach!"

I agree 100%. The guy speaks as if he is suffering from the worst superiority complex in the history of Western NY.

If I had to punch one person in the face it probably would be Mike Schopp. I'm so sick of him thinking he is smarter than everyone else and insulting callers or basically everyone that doesnt have the same opinion as he does... It just sucks that WGR is the only local sports radio station so we can't just change the station and still get sports. I would love to see Mike Schopp get put in his place.

If I had to punch one person in the face it probably would be Mike Schopp. I'm so sick of him thinking he is smarter than everyone else and insulting callers or basically everyone that doesnt have the same opinion as he does... It just sucks that WGR is the only local sports radio station so we can't just change the station and still get sports. I would love to see Mike Schopp get put in his place.

i wish he was fired for being so smug. Would really show him what a c%#kbag he is. He doesn't deserve to be a sports radio show host.