WGR Talking Hockey in Mid-July

ET1062

Kevin Sylvester and Andrew Peters are still unlistenable and Jeremy White will bring up hockey every time he has a chance. By programming hours alone based on my previous posts, they do spend more time on hockey (minor league sport) vs. NFL/Bills, the hours don't lie. Their program director is Canadian!!!! I stand by my posts in this thread, way too much time on hockey vs. NFL/Bills.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in what industry? Running numbers on the E industry? I assume that is internet hits or something?

How would that be more relevant than TV ratings being 5-10 X as high for the Bills?

again with the facts.

Kevin Sylvester and Andrew Peters are still unlistenable and Jeremy White will bring up hockey every time he has a chance. By programming hours alone based on my previous posts, they do spend more time on hockey (minor league sport) vs. NFL/Bills, the hours don't lie. Their program director is Canadian!!!! I stand by my posts in this thread, way too much time on hockey vs. NFL/Bills.

you too... Stop it!

Why I started this post. The Bills reported to camp today and I turn on the radio at 3:00 and what is Schopp talking about? HOCKEY! It is 80 degrees out!!!

Enough already!

Why is It any more absurd to be taking hockey in July vs Football? The Sabres had actual players in camp and they were discussing it. The Bills were literally just arriving at camp. We're they supposed to break down who had the biggest flat screen or hottest whip at training camp? I think since the OP all I've heard on WGR is football talk minus the 2 hours a day set aside for hockey.

If I ever saw kaleta on the street id call him a punk to his face and laugh at how he gets beat up and can barely stand up on skates. Then I'd really laifh when his extremely short temper got the best of him and he tried to fight me. I'd sue him for the hundreds of thousands he's made in the league. Only after I kicked his ass.

Your take on hockey players being supreme athletes to football players is comical. As if hockey players don't take shifts. As of hockey players are constantly churning away like the road runner out on the ice. Only the best of them play 20 minutes a game. The others play less than that. Less than 15. And that doesn't account for all the time they spend gliding around the ice like fairies half the time. Or stand there and do nothing as 2 players pass a puck back and forth towards each other for 15 seconds but never take a shot.

NASCAR is tougher than hockey. I've driven a stock car before. It's hard work. Best way to describe it would be to sit on the edge of your couch, holding a 4" thick hard cover encyclopedia in front of your and not letting your arms drop. For those of you that are old enough to remember what it's like driving a car without power steering, multiply it by about 20. Then yiu have to account for constantly holding the wheel to the right at all times because the cars are set up to constantly take left turns so much that if you didn't hold the wheel constantly you'd be spinning in circles. Then there's the one piece suit your wearing. The heat inside the car reaching over 100* at all times for 4 hours. The fact that you can't move your head more than an inch or so to each side. The constant concentration that you most deal with whole driving 150+ mph with 40 other cars within inches if your bumpers.

:-)

As opposed to football where there is only about 11 minutes of actual action in a 60 minute game, which takes 3 hours to play, and due to the division of labor, even the best only play about 5 minutes? 75% of the game is players huddling up and walking around like fairies as the play clock ticks down.

Truly compelling stuff. Almost as good as your sport defined by TV ratings argument.

As opposed to football where there is only about 11 minutes of actual action in a 60 minute game, which takes 3 hours to play, and due to the division of labor, even the best only play about 5 minutes? 75% of the game is players huddling up and walking around like fairies as the play clock ticks down.

Truly compelling stuff. Almost as good as your sport defined by TV ratings argument.

Part of football is the anticipation of the next play, strategy in play calling, formations and personnel. Home team on defense while offense lines up...matchups.....there's no action then but it's gets exciting waiting for the play to develop. It's not just about the actual play..

Part of football is the anticipation of the next play, strategy in play calling, formations and personnel. Home team on defense while offense lines up...matchups.....there's no action then but it's gets exciting waiting for the play to develop. It's not just about the actual play..

I'm aware. My reluctant pupil likes to advance poorly conceived arguments which can immediately be turned around and applied to the side he is defending. In this instance, even more appropriately. I'm trying to dissuade him from pursuing his "hockey isn't a sport argument" and save him further discomfort.

I have much respect for football and hockey.

Edited by Jauronimo

im pretty sure I've stated many times how much I really don't care about you or your opinion. You can stop posting replies to mine.

I'm aware. My reluctant pupil likes to advance poorly conceived arguments which can immediately be turned around and applied to the side he is defending. In this instance, even more appropriately. I'm trying to dissuade him from pursuing his "hockey isn't a sport argument" and save him further discomfort.

my only discomfort here is I have to stop and look at your rediculous avatar.

im pretty sure I've stated many times how much I really don't care about you or your opinion. You can stop posting replies to mine.

And if you don't care, then why reply? You don't have to dance every time the music plays, but I have a feeling you will.

I know. I shouldn't have jumped in and all over you. i apologize. Wasn't my intent.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board, not a Sabres message board. Go to Sabres Space.

Not sure what the vitriol is about. I would love to break down WGR's content and programming. I think across the board the station does a poor job delving deep into either sport. It's usually just broad general discussion points. Capaccio, who rubs me the wrong way sometimes, is the only on air person they have with any sort of football knowledge. Bulldog is fine with his Everyman persona and Schopp should be relegated to the hobby and a weekend 4am slot to talk tennis. Buscalia tries real hard but he doesn't know much about the game. Don't get me started on Paul Hamilton. Just a waste, the fact that he was and still is a football "analyst" is a travesty.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board, not a Sabres message board. Go to Sabres Space.

Not sure what the vitriol is about. I would love to break down WGR's content and programming. I think across the board the station does a poor job delving deep into either sport. It's usually just broad general discussion points. Capaccio, who rubs me the wrong way sometimes, is the only on air person they have with any sort of football knowledge. Bulldog is fine with his Everyman persona and Schopp should be relegated to the hobby and a weekend 4am slot to talk tennis. Buscalia tries real hard but he doesn't know much about the game. Don't get me started on Paul Hamilton. Just a waste, the fact that he was and still is a football "analyst" is a travesty.

I'm curious about what you don't like about Sal. I think he adds just enough obnoxious opinion to be an engaging radio host without venturing into the realm of supreme !@#$.

Plus, I think 90% of the points he makes (may be more) are right on point anyways. So he brings it with a little more gusto, GOOD! That's what we want in our radio guys, right?

I'm curious about what you don't like about Sal. I think he adds just enough obnoxious opinion to be an engaging radio host without venturing into the realm of supreme !@#$.

Plus, I think 90% of the points he makes (may be more) are right on point anyways. So he brings it with a little more gusto, GOOD! That's what we want in our radio guys, right?

Never enough to make me tune out, he's just got a very black and white way of seeing things. That and being an over the top Yankee fan. :)

If I ever saw kaleta on the street id call him a punk to his face and laugh at how he gets beat up and can barely stand up on skates. Then I'd really laifh when his extremely short temper got the best of him and he tried to fight me. I'd sue him for the hundreds of thousands he's made in the league. Only after I kicked his ass.

Your take on hockey players being supreme athletes to football players is comical. As if hockey players don't take shifts. As of hockey players are constantly churning away like the road runner out on the ice. Only the best of them play 20 minutes a game. The others play less than that. Less than 15. And that doesn't account for all the time they spend gliding around the ice like fairies half the time. Or stand there and do nothing as 2 players pass a puck back and forth towards each other for 15 seconds but never take a shot.

NASCAR is tougher than hockey. I've driven a stock car before. It's hard work. Best way to describe it would be to sit on the edge of your couch, holding a 4" thick hard cover encyclopedia in front of your and not letting your arms drop. For those of you that are old enough to remember what it's like driving a car without power steering, multiply it by about 20. Then yiu have to account for constantly holding the wheel to the right at all times because the cars are set up to constantly take left turns so much that if you didn't hold the wheel constantly you'd be spinning in circles. Then there's the one piece suit your wearing. The heat inside the car reaching over 100* at all times for 4 hours. The fact that you can't move your head more than an inch or so to each side. The constant concentration that you most deal with whole driving 150+ mph with 40 other cars within inches if your bumpers.

:-)

I had no doubt that you have sat on the edge of your couch holding a 4"........ "Encyclopedia"

GO PENGUINS!!