Kevin Elliott - training camp sleeper

This is my guy. I have been saying since they picked him up that he will end up playing. I think he makes the team. I know they need a spot for Easley but maybe Hogan gets the ax despite being a camp hero.

@RQUINN619: #Bills Training Camp Sleeper Pt. 4: WR Kevin Elliott (@CatchinMyDreams) http://t.co/dghllMnE1s (via @TheBillsMafia ) http://t.co/NglwlV1O87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough competition and coming off an ACL. Good luck to him but still a long shot IMO

he is definitely a long shot but IF he has a good camp that 6'3 220 is tough to say good bye to when we dont have it elsewhere. He looked really good on ST last year on PS before he got hurt. He worked with EJ in the offseason so hopefully that will show in TC with chemistry between the two. His upside over Hogan is what I like.

Hogan had a crazy good mini camp. Didn't drop a pass. If he does the same in training camp then he makes the team.

if only they could keep 7. Jax fans on twitter saying they feel Mularkey made him a scapegoat by cutting him the day after he dropped the 3 passes. They wish he was still there, lots of potential. I know Hogan is good in minicamp but how us he when there is actual contact? I just don't like his upside. But I understand why he keeps making the team.

I'm all for keeping both Hogan AND Elliot, and letting the likes of TJ Graham go the way of waivers....

i don't even think graham is in the conversation unless he suddenly becomes a superstar in preseason. Because they used a 3rd pick on him, I wonder if they will give him a ton of playing time in the PS to showcase for potential trade. Maybe no one bites, but the guy has speed and you never know. Even a 7th round pick or a player for depth elsewhere. Edited by YoloinOhio

How many WR's do we typically keep on the active roster, 6?

SWAT

Williams

Woods

Goodwin

Easley

Elliot/Hogan

Do we still have Ramses Barden?

I doubt Barden makes the team. He's not very good.

I'd say:

Watkins

Williams

Woods

Goodwin

Hogan

Easley

Outside shot - Elliot

I'm jaded given the inability of our annual "training camp sleeper" (which all seem to be WR's) never, ever panning out.

In the last 8 years or so:

1. Justin Jenkins
  2. Felton Huggins
  3. Marcus Easley
  4. Chris Hogan
  5. Da'Rick Rodgers
  6. George Wilson (though he did eventually find it at safety)
  7. Andre Davis
  8. Kevin Elliot
  9. Sam Aiken
  10. Jonathan Smith (Fast Freddie)
  11. Namaan Roosevelt
  12. Derek Hagan
  13. Ruvell Martin

If they really like Hogan through camp, they will probably be picking between Easley and Elliot..

Unless they keep 7... I can't recall if teams keep 5-6 or 6-7

I think Hogan is going to have to show willingness and ability on ST in order to make it, though...

If you keep Hogan & Elliot, you would have to get rid of more than Graham.

Ok, get rid of the 2nd kicker, there ya go...I'd rather take Elliot / Hogan over a 2nd kicker given the nature of injuries, WR position, and the promise both seem to show in different ways...

i don't even think graham is in the conversation unless he suddenly becomes a superstar in preseason. Because they used a 3rd pick on him, I wonder if they will give him a ton of playing time in the PS to showcase for potential trade. Maybe no one bites, but the guy has speed and you never know. Even a 7th round pick or a player for depth elsewhere.

And that's fantastic IF the BILLS can get *anything* for Graham, but at this point, how does Graham keep a roster spot given that both Hogan and Elliot have shown more in a smaller window of time?? Just b/c of the 3rd round pick? if so, then that's silly and short-sighted...mistakes are made every year in the Draft, refusing to back down from one two years later with talent already present at the same position, is just a bigger mistake.

Exactly.

I don't think Graham has a place on this team. He's pretty terrible.

^^^see my response to Yolo for my additional take...essentially: Ditto.

All this talk about roster moves, bear in mind that with the loss of Kiko, the defensive line is where they need the most depth. They must perform at a high level now.

I hope we sign a DE before the start of the season, for depth. If Mario gets hurt, we are F&^%$d.

Ok, get rid of the 2nd kicker, there ya go...I'd rather take Elliot / Hogan over a 2nd kicker given the nature of injuries, WR position, and the promise both seem to show in different ways...

And that's fantastic IF the BILLS can get *anything* for Graham, but at this point, how does Graham keep a roster spot given that both Hogan and Elliot have shown more in a smaller window of time?? Just b/c of the 3rd round pick? if so, then that's silly and short-sighted...mistakes are made every year in the Draft, refusing to back down from one two years later with talent already present at the same position, is just a bigger mistake.

I was referring to trying to trade him before the season. Maybe someone bites. Not saying they should or would keep him if no one wants to offer anything in return. This is not the regime that drafted him, which plays even less in his favor.

I hope we sign a DE before the start of the season, for depth. If Mario gets hurt, we are F&^%$d.

I was referring to trying to trade him before the season. Maybe someone bites. Not saying they should or would keep him if no one wants to offer anything in return. This is n

ot the regime that drafted him, which plays even less in his favor.

Absolutely, and apologize if it came off like a verbal spar....just a counter - point that apparently was unnecessary :bag: