What is better, no guns, or more guns?

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And supermarkets?

No thoughts to the article? The idea of allowing armed staff members at schools? The fact there has NEVER been a school shooting at an armed school since 2000? 

Just ignore it because it f-ups your narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And supermarkets?

Don’t forget about concert venues - like in Las Vegas.

The gun cult solution: MORE GUNS - absolutely insane.

@ArdmoreRyno = die hard lNRA gun cult member.

🎯

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

No thoughts to the article? The idea of allowing armed staff members at schools? The fact there has NEVER been a school shooting at an armed school since 2000? 

Just ignore it because it f-ups your narrative. 

The good guy with a gun narrative is DEAD.

Idiots!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The Trouble With Do-Somethingism on Guns

by David Harsanyi

Before we even knew how the killer of 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, had obtained his guns, Sen. Chris Murphy was engaging in his customary performative emotionalism on the Senate floor, literally begging Republicans to “compromise.”     Compromise on what exactly?

Murphy has never once offered a single proposal that would have deterred any of these mass shooters. Literally minutes after his routine, Murphy was asked about the obvious mental illness prevalent among most of these shooters. “Spare me the bulls— about mental illness,” the Connecticut senator responded, “ripping” the GOP.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/davidhasanyi/2022/05/27/the-trouble-with-do-somethingism-on-guns-n1601317

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shooters-were-stopped-by-citizens/

Now how many armed teachers/staff at schools in the USA have had a school shooting? 

Seems pretty black and white. Case closed, not matter what the anti-gun people think. A 100% effective result. 

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Now how many armed teachers/staff at schools in the USA have had a school shooting? 

Seems pretty black and white. Case closed, not matter what the anti-gun people think. A 100% effective result. 

Yeah - let’s buy whatever the author of “More Guns, Less Crime” has to say about gun control.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866vaajphujgak0v2t4b

13 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The 16 billion dollar question which we all know is what happened since I was in school in the 60’s and 70’s?  The number of pick ups in the school student parking lot with gun racks in the back which were usually loaded and the vehicle unlocked? 

In my mind part of it is that kids today have become numb to violence.  I’d like to know how many of these school shooters spent endless hours playing video games where the goal was to kill as many people as possible.  It’s much deeper than that but I wouldn’t be surprised if it had a lot to do with it. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The 16 billion dollar question which we all know is what happened since I was in school in the 60’s and 70’s?  The number of pick ups in the school student parking lot with gun racks in the back which were usually loaded and the vehicle unlocked? 

In my mind part of it is that kids today have become numb to violence.  I’d like to know how many of these school shooters spent endless hours playing video games where the goal was to kill as many people as possible.  It’s much deeper than that but I wouldn’t be surprised if it had a lot to do with it. 

Combine it with unrestricted access to the internet and it creates a dangerous combination. 

• Agree 1

Here’s the truth of all this that no one will admit. 

Cats out of the bag. 

if that’s number of firearms in the country, our 2A, violent video games/movies or the problem of social media with the lack of actual connection our kids have... none of that will change. Ever. 

So let’s find proven solutions now. One this is, armed teachers and staff. It’s 100% effective. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Arming teachers and staff is not a proven solution.

It's an absurd idea.

How so? 

Simple question: HAS IT WORKED? Yes or no. 

None of the anti-gun people will face the “truth” I posted. 

Single point of entry

Many exits with auto-locking doors

Armed guards

Armed staff who choose to and take course and constant training

No more kids getting shot in school

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Armed guards

100% the way to stop school shootings. As an educator and counselor who works at a school with much of what you listed... this is the only feasible solution. 

People thinking you raise the age or ban “AR’s” are just morons. Will never happen. SCOTUS already ruled on those very subjects. But keep harping that’s how you stop it 🙄

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Armed guards

So then the gun nuts will find other outlets just like they do now. No place is safe.

Only country on this planet with this issue and the cult thinks more guns will make us safe. 

What a world you want to live in - sick

6 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Armed guards

I don't disagree.  The issue is that what you propose is VERY expensive.  People hate all over public schools as it is because they don't understand the amount of federally mandated expenditures.  What you just proposed is probably a million dollar yearly expenditure for a rural school district IF they have their physical security in shape.  Great idea if we're willing to pay for it.  

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

How so? 

Simple question: HAS IT WORKED? Yes or no. 

None of the anti-gun people will face the “truth” I posted. 

How do you know there were no armed school martials at Copp Elementary?

Last year Texas enacted a law that allows school faculty members to be designated as "armed school martials." These are teachers who take a training course and are then allowed to close carry on campus. Their identities are kept hidden. 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

100% the way to stop school shootings. As an educator and counselor who works at a school with much of what you listed... this is the only feasible solution. 

People thinking you raise the age or ban “AR’s” are just morons. Will never happen. SCOTUS already ruled on those very subjects. But keep harping that’s how you stop it 🙄

SCOTUS????? lolz

They already ruled abortion twice! 

Another argument dead for our resident NRA gun nut.

3 minutes ago, LDD said:

I don't disagree.  The issue is that what you propose is VERY expensive.  People hate all over public schools as it is because they don't understand the amount of federally mandated expenditures.  What you just proposed is probably a million dollar yearly expenditure for a rural school district IF they have their physical security in shape.  Great idea if we're willing to pay for it.  

We’ve sent tens of billions to Ukraine. We can find money. My school is hardened. A SRO can simply be a local officer stationed there. We had one until 2 years ago... the Chickasaw Nation (Lighthorse PD) is volunteering officers to our schools next year. No cost to us or tax payers. 

I’m one of 3-5 veterans at the school. We’ve had this conversation and would volunteer in a heartbeat. 

There ARE ways.