What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

NARRATIVE FAIL: White Supremacists Are NOT The Most Likely Mass Murderers

John Lott, the dispassionate social scientist and president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, has the details that the data reveal over at the Federalist . . .

In his Buffalo, New York speech last week following a mass shooting, President Biden showed he still has only two things on his mind regarding crime: guns and white supremacists.

No one can defend white supremacists. But with violent crime soaring and this latest attack in Buffalo, people want something done. Yet Biden’s agenda won’t make people safer. 

“Look, we’ve seen the mass shootings in Charleston, South Carolina; El Paso, Texas; in Pittsburgh. Last year in Atlanta. This week in Dallas, Texas, and now in Buffalo. In Buffalo, New York,” Biden said. “White supremacy is a poison. It’s a poison. It really is. Running through our body politic. And it’s been allowed to fester and grow right in front of our eyes. No more. I mean, no more.”

Of the 82 mass public shootings from January 1998 to May 2021, 9 percent have known or alleged ties to white supremacists, neo-Nazis, or anti-immigrant views.

Many of the anti-immigrant attackers, such as the Buffalo murderer, hold decidedly environmentalist views that are more in line with the Democrat agenda.

Other groups commit mass public shootings disproportionately more than whites do. While non-Middle Eastern whites make up about 64 percent of the population, they make up 58 percent of the mass public shooters. Another 9 percent are carried out by people of Middle Eastern origin, who make up only 0.4 percent of the country’s population. That makes Middle Easterners the most likely ethnic or racial group to carry out mass public shootings.

Blacks, Asians, and American Indians also commit these attacks at a slightly higher rate than their share of the population. Hispanics commit them at much lower rates (11 percent lower) than their share of the population.

Seventy-one percent of mass public shooters have no identifiable political views. But you would never know this from watching TV police dramas or listening to Biden’s constant claim that white supremacists pose the biggest threat of domestic terrorism.

What most Americans don’t realize is that less than 9% of violent crimes in America involve firearms. Going after guns, even in a perfect world, won’t prevent meaningful numbers of violent crimes.

After all, people walking the streets while on insane ‘affordable bail’ can still drive their SUVs through crowds of people, killing many. But they won’t get Joe Biden to visit the city, talk about the crime, the black supremacist driver, or the soft-on-crime policies that let Darrell Brooks out of jail on $1000 bond after he tried to kill someone by running them down with the same SUV.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/23/data-shows-white-supremacists-are-not-the-most-likely-mass-murderers/

Thank GOD you have your go to sources that help you sleep better at night Bonnie 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866vaajphujgak0v2t4b

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, but victims of people that use those weapons should be able to sue the maker of the gun. :) 

On what grounds?

Again did Nicole Brown Simpson’s family sue the knife manufacturer.  No they went after the guy who used the knife in a manner it was never intended to be used. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

On what grounds?

Again did Nicole Brown Simpson’s family sue the knife manufacturer.  No they went after the guy who used the knife in a manner it was never intended to be used. 

So why can I sue a food manufacturer?

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

100%

Zero need.

Ask these parents and their kids:

Zoom in and look at those faces.

And you’re a fool if you think you’re going to take 25,000,000 AR platforms in the country. Most of us would never give them up. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about that. 

Then adding, most sheriffs in my area have already said they’ll never take part in ANY gun confiscation. 

You want to take away them all because of the actions of a few. Brilliant. 

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

And you’re a fool if you think you’re going to take 25,000,000 AR platforms in the country. Most of us would never give them up. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about that. 

Then adding, most sheriffs in my area have already said they’ll never take part in ANY gun confiscation. 

You want to take away them all because of the actions of a few. Brilliant. 

Yes.

You shouldn’t have had access to them in the first place.

Cry harder - I don’t care.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Yes.

You shouldn’t have had access to them in the first place.

Cry harder - I don’t care.

You seem to be afraid to answer my question- if you trust cops less than I do why should I give up my right to self defense? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Haven't heard any suggestions from Team Blame the Gun.  

Not sure what this post means.  

You could easily start a thread - here is what will stop all shootings.   

Mister “I blame everything on Covid” isn’t paying attention.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You seem to be afraid to answer my question- if you trust cops less than I do why should I give up my right to self defense? 

No one is forcing you to give up your right to self defense.

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You’re comical. No one is taking my AR’s. Not going to happen bud. Sorry. No one who legally owns one will get theirs taken. 

Oh we won’t take your gun - you just won’t be able to buy ammo for it. 

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Guns are for small-dick cowards.

”But my dad took me hunting and taught me to respect firearms.”

Sorry but your dad was a small-dick coward too.

why are you checking out their d!cks?

Edited by Beach