What is better, no guns, or more guns?

13 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You keep using the word you don't understand. An AR-15 is no more an assault rifle than a Desert Eagle .50 is an assault pistol. And you can carry two desert eagles at once and switching cartridges with some practice is very quick. To focus on the guns is crazy, put keep waiting for a politician who benefits from the problem to fix it 

Then why doesn’t the military equip soldiers with two Desert Eagles instead of their standard assault rifles? 

49 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Pistols are used in far more murders each year than assault weapons. The difference is if you are shot by an assault weapon you are much more likely to die due to wound severity. It’s not great being shot by either one, but there is a reason why so many killers are spending the big bucks on assault weapons. It’s because they are damn effective at killing.

Not if they're big as my desert eagle.  I keep it in my pick up.  All part of my "see I can't have a little dick" plan.  I'm a hit on conservative date sites but the girls all look like dog the bounty hunter.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Not if they're big as my desert eagle.  I keep it in my pick up.  All part of my "see I can't have a little dick" plan.  I'm a hit on conservative date sites but the girls all look like dog the bounty hunter.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/02/07/unattractive-individuals-more-likely-to-wear-masks-study/amp/

Since we know that Dems are more likely to mask I really think you have liberal women pretending to be conservatives.

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You think they give soldiers AR15s? Why are you so proud of your ignorance?

Obviously the AR is not current military issue but my point remains. It was designed for military use. Gun people always retort that crazies will find another weapon to kill with. Maybe true but baseball bats, pistols or bolt action rifles are not as efficient at killing so many so fast. 

Edited by Andy1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/02/07/unattractive-individuals-more-likely-to-wear-masks-study/amp/

Since we know that Dems are more likely to mask I really think you have liberal women pretending to be conservatives.

You guys and your conspiracies.  Ohhh it musta been the other way round...lame.  no masks, even if there were you an still see mullets bro think.  No objectifying here or anything I guess I'm just saying right wing gals love mulletts.

Would be a great study.

3 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Drink a lot on your date and make sure you use protection.  Don't produce any little MAGA's.  Be patriotic.

Edited by redtail hawk

35 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Drink a lot on your date and make sure you use protection.  Don't produce any little MAGA's.  Be patriotic.

Seriously.  No more MAGA slobs.  We have enough people on the dole in this country already.  The last thing we need is more MAGA sucking down cheap cigs, eating copious amounts of bacon, and asking the taxpayer to foot the bill for their diabetes, lung cancer, and heart disease when they land on Medicaid.  

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Seriously.  No more MAGA slobs.  We have enough people on the dole in this country already.  The last thing we need is more MAGA sucking down cheap cigs, eating copious amounts of bacon, and asking the taxpayer to foot the bill for their diabetes, lung cancer, and heart disease when they land on Medicaid.  

A bit harsh but kinda funny and kinda true.  We could probably do a stand up routine for progressives.  But I like bacon, especially Canadian bacon.  Much leaner.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

some unsolicited advice...if I were young again thing.  Learn to dance.  Real dancing; salsa, tango, waltz, foxtrot etc.  Most women love to dance, in my experience, especially the pretty ones.  We used to dance at a local college that hosted and there'd be amazing women just waiting to be asked.  Hell, if Emmitt Smith can do it, so can you.

9 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Obviously the AR is not current military issue but my point remains. It was designed for military use. Gun people always retort that crazies will find another weapon to kill with. Maybe true but baseball bats, pistols or bolt action rifles are not as efficient at killing so many so fast. 

The AR was designed for military use? Wow I am shocked that the military would not want something far better. But your point is that AR is an assault rifle, which you can't even define, and that is not true.

14 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

When did we get away from Dance offs?  

...or did they cause even more death I don't know.

Let's just make the process of getting a gun harder than getting a car license.  Something like that might help.  Can we cull the mentally unstable?  Put that on the list too.

Well, a few things... It isn't. You don't do background checks to get your DL. You simply pass a test and pay whatever the fee is in your state. 

As for the mentally ill not being allowed to buy a firearm... okay... what does that mean? What diagnosis' are the cutoff point? I've talked about this many times on his thread as well... we do have laws that are supposed to stop certain mentally ill people from buying/owning a firearm. Every state has a different law, but all have the standard if someone is a threat to themselves or others, they are not allowed to own a firearm. 

52 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Well, a few things... It isn't. You don't do background checks to get your DL. You simply pass a test and pay whatever the fee is in your state. 

As for the mentally ill not being allowed to buy a firearm... okay... what does that mean? What diagnosis' are the cutoff point? I've talked about this many times on his thread as well... we do have laws that are supposed to stop certain mentally ill people from buying/owning a firearm. Every state has a different law, but all have the standard if someone is a threat to themselves or others, they are not allowed to own a firearm. 

A line has to be drawn.  I'm not going to claim to be an expert here and say where but we need a combo of less guns and less lethal weps to the public.  Otherwise it's just a continual cycle and nothing changes.   The status quo is getting innocent people killed.  Fixing that should be priority 1.

36 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

A line has to be drawn.  I'm not going to claim to be an expert here and say where but we need a combo of less guns and less lethal weps to the public.  Otherwise it's just a continual cycle and nothing changes.   The status quo is getting innocent people killed.  Fixing that should be priority 1.

Not sure what you mean by "less lethal weapons". We have 400 million firearms in the country and a 2A which gives us the right to protect ourselves.

As for mental health... this is where the problems start. Here is a good list of mental health regulations in regards to gun ownership,  by state. How do you expand upon this? The loon in Louisville... he showed nothing that would have kept him from buying a firearm. He ranted about Trump online, but we all do that. 

https://www.ncsl.org/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-firearms-by-people-with-mental-illness

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not sure what you mean by "less lethal weapons". We have 400 million firearms in the country and a 2A which gives us the right to protect ourselves.

As for mental health... this is where the problems start. Here is a good list of mental health regulations in regards to gun ownership,  by state. How do you expand upon this? The loon in Louisville... he showed nothing that would have kept him from buying a firearm. He ranted about Trump online, but we all do that. 

https://www.ncsl.org/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-firearms-by-people-with-mental-illness

Listen I get what you're doing.  Someone needs to put definitions on what I'm vague about.   That ain't me.  Better to be someone with your level knowledge on firearms.  I can say in general what direction we should go without giving specifics because I readily admit this is not my area of expertise.   But having half a brain you see guns are the problem.   It's the only part of the equation remotely fixable.

Mental health will always be an issue for humanity for the foreseeable future.   So limit guns, take away high powered weps that belong on the battlefield.  We will need experts to make some difficult decisions that will bother some but save lives.  We can't just do nothing.   It's crazy what's happening. 

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Listen I get what you're doing.  Someone needs to put definitions on what I'm vague about.   That ain't me.  Better to be someone with your level knowledge on firearms.  I can say in general what direction we should go without giving specifics because I readily admit this is not my area of expertise.   But having half a brain you see guns are the problem.   It's the only part of the equation remotely fixable.

Mental health will always be an issue for humanity for the foreseeable future.   So limit guns, take away high powered weps that belong on the battlefield.  We will need experts to make some difficult decisions that will bother some but save lives.  We can't just do nothing.   It's crazy what's happening. 

Leave it to the experts like covid......how did that end up working out? I don't want to do that again.

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but you do know this is basically ALL center fired weapons that come out of a rifle? 

Center fire = uses a primer like a .308, 5.56 even 9mm

Rim fire = .22LR, .22 short, etc

"High Power" is normally concerned to be the bullet, rather than the weapon. You can buy an AR style rifle (I call AR platforms) in a .22LR, it's defiantly not high power. Removing those weapons would mean, you are removing virtually ALL rifles in the United States today, other than a .22LR. So .308, 30-06, etc. are all now banned. People can no longer hunt with a rifle other than shooting small game with a .22LR. 

This rifle and the round it fired (300 win mag) has 3x the energy as the AR-15 round (5.56). It is 200 grain vs 62 grain for a 5.56. 300 win mag is a very popular caliber to hunt with. That's now banned?

picture-of-Best-300-Win-Mag-Rifles-for-Hunting-browning-x-bolt.thumb.jpg.d97e6b5ba8315543c454a78214781f59.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

AR-15 is dangerous because it looks scary.😅

^^THIS^^ is the correct answer. That's the reason people want it banned. They wouldn't care about this because it's got wood furniture instead of scary black furniture. 

mini.jpg.15d2b4ed4b15e1549af3c3f8ff6847fc.jpg

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but you do know this is basically ALL center fired weapons that come out of a rifle? 

Center fire = uses a primer like a .308, 5.56 even 9mm

Rim fire = .22LR, .22 short, etc

"High Power" is normally concerned to be the bullet, rather than the weapon. You can buy an AR style rifle (I call AR platforms) in a .22LR, it's defiantly not high power. Removing those weapons would mean, you are removing virtually ALL rifles in the United States today, other than a .22LR. So .308, 30-06, etc. are all now banned. People can no longer hunt with a rifle other than shooting small game with a .22LR. 

This rifle and the round it fired (300 win mag) has 3x the energy as the AR-15 round (5.56). It is 200 grain vs 62 grain for a 5.56. 300 win mag is a very popular caliber to hunt with. That's now banned?

picture-of-Best-300-Win-Mag-Rifles-for-Hunting-browning-x-bolt.thumb.jpg.d97e6b5ba8315543c454a78214781f59.jpg

I'm OK with high power hunting gear that doesn't have a high rate of fire.

Tell me what you would do if you were to hypothetically ban something.  You know more than I on this topic you'll have a more informed idea.  Assume your hand is forced.