You ever wish you knew the EXACT moment when your season was over?

As I said at the time I love Stevie but that play was on him because he just had to do his super duper feet fake which left that DB string right in front of Graham.

I would not be surprised if this is the play that got him traded.

Haha. I knew someone would try to blame Stevie. He got wide open in the end zone and it's somehow his fault! Blame the guy who had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons and not the guy who didn't start all the time at Washington State.

This board doesn't disappoint. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I knew someone would try to blame Stevie. He got wide open in the end zone and it's somehow his fault! Blame the guy who had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons and not the guy who didn't start all the time at Washington State.

I don't get that thinking.

He burned his man, was absolutely wide open and some people think it was his fault? How does that make any sense at all???

Think "crayonz."

GO BILLS!!!

I don't get that thinking.

He burned his man, was absolutely wide open and some people think it was his fault? How does that make any sense at all???

I am not a football expert, but if his role in that thing is to drag the DB with him so it clears the zone for the short slant...then he just did realize how good he is???

I am with you guys, i never blamed Stevie for that play, and must say i was also at that game and sitting at the 20 that end, saw Stevie wide open and thought sure 6...oh well.

I really Easterbrook, and i , like him, was calling for pass first two plays as not expected, then i wanted run 3rd as pass was expected and i was confident even 3 there was going to be huge.

I might add, the year before it was the second half meltdown against the Pats, the year before the first touchdown over Leodis in Dallas the year before the strip of Nelson in Overtime at Baltimore, the year before Leodis fumble on the KO

Edited by plenzmd1

I might add, the year before it was the second half meltdown against the Pats, the year before the first touchdown over Leodis in Dallas the year before the strip of Nelson in Overtime at Baltimore, the year before Leodis fumble on the KO

Oh Jesus, man stop it with that!

Earlier in the game Tuel threw a rainbow to Goodwin for 6. No one thought he sucked then.

http://www.buffalobi...7d-b8ad1894f80a

Personally, I like Tuel as a back-up QB...I was impressed with how he handled "some" of the situations and liked his attitude throughout the season...I don't know how he would do in the next game he'd be forced to come into, but this coaching staff liked him enough to protect him from the Practice Squad leftovers to prevent another team from signing him, that says something about a QB in this league who came in as an UDFA....Tuel might surprise some people.

I like Stevie a lot and wish he were still here. I think his departure shows how incapable Greggo Marrone is of managing a team. With that said, Stevie's job on that play was to NOT BE OPEN so that Graham would be open. He showed off instead. Look, everyone makes a bad play from time to time and that play/game were on Stevie, but I think we should have kept him.

I like Stevie a lot and wish he were still here. I think his departure shows how incapable Greggo Marrone is of managing a team. With that said, Stevie's job on that play was to NOT BE OPEN so that Graham would be open. He showed off instead. Look, everyone makes a bad play from time to time and that play/game were on Stevie, but I think we should have kept him.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying SJ's job was to be a decoy but instead made himself *the* target thereby destroying the designed play..?? Just curious, not that I disagree, just wondering...

As to your second statement, I've said it a great deal so won't belabor the point, but SJ did a fine job for the BILLS, but at times his attitude overshadowed his play and he was not the "type" of player fitting into what Buffalo is doing now...that said, wish him well and ready for both sides to start fresh

I was watching this game with my daughter on TV and on the 3rd and goal from the 1, we both said "DO NOT PASS". Then when Tuel Time droppped back we said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". Then, it happened.

But really, I don't blame Tuel Time so much or SJ or TJ or whoever. I blame Hackett Jr. I know, it was a run/pass option. But when Hackett called the play in he could have said, "just run it, don't pass." Or he could have just called some other run play. Letting your rookie in his first start against the best D in the NFL is just plain dumb as dirt. Of course if he did tell Tuel Time to NOT pass and he did anyway, then it's totally his fault.

A FG would have put us up by 10 in the 3rd and our D was roasting their O all day.

I live in PAC-12 country and saw Tuel Time play a lot at Wazoo. He stunk. He got beat out a couple of times by guys who never got close to an NFL field just as he shouldn't have.

That one was on the coaching staff. Absolutely no reason to have an UDFA in his first game throwing into heavy end zone traffic.

That was a great time to run the ball up the middle and kick a short FG and take a ten point lead. Bills D had just played their best half of the season, as I recall.

I was watching this game with my daughter on TV and on the 3rd and goal from the 1, we both said "DO NOT PASS". Then when Tuel Time droppped back we said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". Then, it happened.

But really, I don't blame Tuel Time so much or SJ or TJ or whoever. I blame Hackett Jr. I know, it was a run/pass option. But when Hackett called the play in he could have said, "just run it, don't pass." Or he could have just called some other run play. Letting your rookie in his first start against the best D in the NFL is just plain dumb as dirt. Of course if he did tell Tuel Time to NOT pass and he did anyway, then it's totally his fault.

A FG would have put us up by 10 in the 3rd and our D was roasting their O all day.

I live in PAC-12 country and saw Tuel Time play a lot at Wazoo. He stunk. He got beat out a couple of times by guys who never got close to an NFL field just as he shouldn't have.

I'm a UW Huskies season ticket holder, am always at the Apple Cup and when I can, I go down to Pullman a lot. I have to disagree with you. Tuel was usually the best player on the Wazzu offense and was even named their offensive MVP his senior season. He didn't have a lot to work with.

He definitely wasn't ready to play in an NFL game, I'll agree with that.