Belichick caught cheating again?

How good are the Pats really if they had to break the rules? Cheaters cheat for a reason.

They are great team with a HOF QB and a great coach. But they haven't won a SB without knowing the other teams plays beforehand. They cheated like Lance and Bonds did. They should get an * in the record books.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest investing in the Valentine 1. It will end your speeding woes...

Also, if cheating is to gain a competitive advantage, how is texting a player--even about football--giving a coach an advantage over a team not texting their players? Someone tell me what they could have been talking about in February that would make a difference on the field in September.

honestly?

Where to hide the bodies.

I'm listing his other transgressions. If this texting thing if against NFL rules, 'nuf said.

It's easier to control ones speed to 10mph over the speed limit with cruise control than it is to control ones character flaws.

If he was texting about football and if the CBA says that texting constitutes an "individual meeting", then yeah, fine him. But those saying he's cheating (not you) are just mouthing off, which is their right on a fan chat sight.

, just because it's Bellichick.

I haven't heard a forum being called a chat site in decades - makes you feel old LOL Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Saban: "Adam was with me through two different college programs (at Michigan State and LSU). And Peyton, we were just talking ball. We talked about particular defenses that give us trouble with the no-huddle. Things like that."

The three of them were "talking ball".

That's not what he said. He said he and Peyton talked about ball. And Saban isn't in the NFL.

honestly?

Where to hide the bodies.

I'm listing his other transgressions. If this texting thing if against NFL rules, 'nuf said.

It's easier to control ones speed to 10mph over the speed limit with cruise control than it is to control ones character flaws.

I haven't heard a forum being called a chat site in decades - makes you feel old LOL

Aaron-thal and Belli-text were just sharing OMGs and LOLs with multiple exclamation points about Brady's hair and outfits. Nothing to see here. I am sure there were lots of emoticons, those take up lot of space too.

That's not what he said. He said he and Peyton talked about ball. And Saban isn't in the NFL.

All 3 were present. If they weren't together, this wouldn't have caught anyone's attention.

Anyway, who cares? BB violated a CBA "players want to be left alone in the off season" rule. Punish him. But this was not "cheating", so this thread is based on a totally bogus premise.

All 3 were present. If they weren't together, this wouldn't have caught anyone's attention.

Anyway, who cares? BB violated a CBA "players want to be left alone in the off season" rule. Punish him. But this was not "cheating", so this thread is based on a totally bogus premise.

This thread is completely hypothetical and I fear that there are 100 TBDer's running around the country sharing this story as BB definitely cheated or violates the rules...

If they were talking about Jenna Jamison or baseball or anything NOT football related, from what I read, it's no big deal...

Either way, this escalated quickly, and will be dealt with...

In other news...

would you be happy if the OP changed the title to

Belichick caught cheating the law?

This thread is completely hypothetical and I fear that there are 100 TBDer's running around the country sharing this story as BB definitely cheated or violates the rules...

If they were talking about Jenna Jamison or baseball or anything NOT football related, from what I read, it's no big deal...

Either way, this escalated quickly, and will be dealt with...

In other news...

If they were talking about football for 4 months that would actually be significantly better for BB. The players I know said it is pretty rare to ever text with the HC, maybe the position coach here and there, but not in the offseason. The fact that there are 33 pages of texts in the offseason right before he was arrested for murder is a bad sign for BB and has nothing to do with whether he violated the CBA rule. At this point, football-related texts would be a relief for the Pats.* That organization seems to hate sharing info of any kind and now it is being pried from them by the police. Edited by YoloinOhio

No. None. You (or anyone else) cannot even suggest one. This is a "leave the players alone" rule. What advantage could be gained by off season texts? Tell us.

I actually agree with you that this is not really a "cheating" issue.

But, let's look at it from a different angle. BB has texted AH 30 times in the offseason. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that all those texts were related to his training, and other football related activities. Now, multiply that by dozens. If BB is texting all of his players, monitoring, and perhaps guiding their training, practice, film study, workouts, etc. Is that not coaching? Hmm. maybe I don't agree with you after all?

If they were talking about football for 4 months that would actually be significantly better for BB. The players I know said it is pretty rare to ever text with the HC, maybe the position coach here and there, but not in the offseason. The fact that there are 33 pages of texts in the offseason right before he was arrested for murder is a bad sign for BB and has nothing to do with whether he violated the CBA rule. At this point, football-related texts would be a relief for the Pats.* That organization seems to hate sharing info of any kind and now it is being pried from them by the police.

Agreed... I hope for he and his family that it had NOTHING to do with favorite pistols, tampered security systems or body disposal...

I can see the E:60 episode now if it was shadiness...

But, let's look at it from a different angle. BB has texted AH 30 times in the offseason. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that all those texts were related to his training, and other football related activities. Now, multiply that by dozens. If BB is texting all of his players, monitoring, and perhaps guiding their training, practice, film study, workouts, etc. Is that not coaching? Hmm. maybe I don't agree with you after all?

Florio was just on the radio talking about this. He said that while the public will likely never see the texts (also, it was 33 PAGES of texts, not just 30 texts) if there was anything that showed he was "coaching" Aaron-thal during that time frame, the league would look at that as violation. Whether they ever see it, or act on it, who knows. That wasn't the reason the records were seized, and again that is the least of BB's worries.

If he was texting about football and if the CBA says that texting constitutes an "individual meeting", then yeah, fine him. But those saying he's cheating (not you) are just mouthing off, which is their right on a fan chat sight.

I think everyone ca agree that if BB was holding secret team meetings, that might afford some advantage, somehow.

What if he's texting every member of the team? I mean, why just Hernandez?

But that's not what's happening, despite a lot of posters here trying to fabricate outrage over this non-issue, just because it's Bellichick.

And why do you suppose that is?

If they were talking about football for 4 months that would actually be significantly better for BB. The players I know said it is pretty rare to ever text with the HC, maybe the position coach here and there, but not in the offseason. The fact that there are 33 pages of texts in the offseason right before he was arrested for murder is a bad sign for BB and has nothing to do with whether he violated the CBA rule. At this point, football-related texts would be a relief for the Pats.* That organization seems to hate sharing info of any kind and now it is being pried from them by the police.

What are you getting at? That he may have shared his plans for homicide with his HC? Come on...

Does anyone here really believe that BB was texting AH (for 33 pages of texts) to give him tips on circuit training or how to run and block? Or any other players, in Februrary, for that matter? What could he possibly tell AH (or anyone) in February that could or should not wait until April? A hypotheticla has to make some sense to be considered...

What if he's texting every member of the team? I mean, why just Hernandez?

And why do you suppose that is?

Because you get a kick out of it.

I can see it now..

"Coach... This dude is being an ass, I think I'm gonna whack him"

"You won't"

"Will to"

"Will not"

"Will to"

On and on for 33 pages

AH: "coach, should I drink protein shakes before I hit the gym, or after? ANd what about creatine--what IS that lol? ANd when I line up on the line, where do I stand--wait, do I stand or do I put a hand on the ground? It's only been a month and I can't believe I forget this stuff! Just don't want to show up two months from now and look all, you know, silly! TTYL!!"

BB: "leave me alone"

What are you getting at? That he may have shared his plans for homicide with his HC? Come on...

Does anyone here really believe that BB was texting AH (for 33 pages of texts) to give him tips on circuit training or how to run and block? Or any other players, in Februrary, for that matter? What could he possibly tell AH (or anyone) in February that could or should not wait until April? A hypotheticla has to make some sense to be considered...

Because you get a kick out of it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/16/league-nflpa-may-want-to-look-at-belichick-hernandez-texts/

Sounds from this explanation of the rule that it's more likely to be a violation if BB was "coaching" via text.

Let's flip your question on its logical head--what WAS BB texting him about for 33 pages if it wasn't football-related?

I agree this isn't in the same category as Spygate, but it sounds like yet another rule was broken by a guy with a long history of breaking rules/vows (his own marriage vows and those of his paramour, who was married at the time)/etc. Considering his history, I'd say a fine in the 6 figures (not reimbursed above or below board by Kraft like he did for Spygate via BB's contract extension) would be fitting.

Is that all that coaches do? Give tips on circuit training, and running and blocking? Give me a break. Are you suggesting that 33 pages of texts were non-football related? Are you suggesting that 33 pages of texts were sent in the capacity of something other than as a head coach? Can you think of nothing else, outside of circuit training, running, and blocking that could be sent that would constitute "coaching?" Do you believe that there is nothing to be gained from coaching your players during the offseason- even if it is via text? Is any of this making sense to you?