Supplemental draft

No, wait and see if they become free agents. We have enough "potential" at those positions anyways.

Plus, even if it is a 6th or 7th round pick, that is what we picked Mike Williams up for...so those picks can acquire NFL-ready players if need be.

EDIT:I do like the RB, DT and LB...but, again, I would rather not spend a draft pick on them, no matter the cost.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Why would they do that?

Seems like a left turn from the topic at hand but I'll take a stab at it --- if they expanded gameday rosters to 55-60 it could be a good way to steal a few extra bucks on TV money.

Otherwise, I see no reason

Why would they do that?

Two tears in a row and no supplimental draft activity - so the NFL can't capitalize on that to grow off season exposure.

Teams sign a significant amount of undrafted players and the nfl isn't reaping any financial reward. Coupled with the growing popularity of the draft, the leagues interest in spreading out coverage over additional days, and knowing the need of additional players at camp - it would make sense to expand the number of rounds.

Edited by Triple Threat

The reason the supplemental draft is 7 rounds is because if a team takes a player in a particular round, they lose their draft pick in the same round of the next (regular) draft. Adding more rounds to the SD wouldn't make sense since the regular draft would still be 7 rounds.

The reason the supplemental draft is 7 rounds is because if a team takes a player in a particular round, they lose their draft pick in the same round of the next (regular) draft. Adding more rounds to the SD wouldn't make sense since the regular draft would still be 7 rounds.

That might be where we are disconnecting. I'm suggesting additional rounds will be added to the regular draft not the SD.

I also understand that if the regular draft went to 9 rounds it wouldn't be those players entering the SD that are drafted based on understanding why the SD exists. What I'm suggesting is the NFL has learned they can't use the SD because of the lack of participation, but in the aftermath a bunch of free agents are signed proving the need for players. These free agents are a combination of players passed on in the SD and those that were eligible for the regular draft.

That might be where we are disconnecting. I'm suggesting additional rounds will be added to the regular draft not the SD.

I was about to say that, but then you talked about the lack of activity in the SD the past 2 years.