Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

Only indirectly, in causing him to listen to Tom Petty.

:lol: As a contrast, it's amazing the agitation I experience until I silence Tom. Who really likes listening to a mewing, anorexic weasel anyways? Does that qualify as a medical benefit of pot?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can picture you having a visible fit a la Boris Karloff's Frankenstein Monster, hands clenched over your ears, incoherently screaming 'rrrrrrr....rrrrrraaaarrrrrrgh' and smashing everything in sight to the tune of 'Refugee'.

your hatred of Tom Petty appears to rival my own hatred of KC and the Sunshine Band.

I really don't like getting on your case but I want to see you do well and this obsession with all things pot is sad. Tell you what I'm gonna do: When i think you're pulling another Red Hair Ring trick to make pot guilt free I will just call you "Red" instead of Ryan. It will be our little code word if your short term memory holds up. The rest of my posts won't be critical of you but will contain some of my thoughts on pot in general.

Is that ok with you Red?

P.S. That is Red as in Red Hair Ring, not Panama Red.

Are you done ? Because that would be nice. Might as well get Charlie Browns teacher to post for you, it's all I hear.

I can picture you having a visible fit a la Boris Karloff's Frankenstein Monster, hands clenched over your ears, incoherently screaming 'rrrrrrr....rrrrrraaaarrrrrrgh' and smashing everything in sight to the tune of 'Refugee'.

Free Fallin' actually.

your hatred of Tom Petty appears to rival my own hatred of KC and the Sunshine Band.

In his defense, he's still not as bad as Rebecca Black. Though i can easily picture stoners sitting around listening to "Friday" and thinking it's the coolest tune on the planet...

I need to relax because your joke sucks ? You're out of your element like always.

I see your posting style has went from straight troll to fit in guy over the last few months. That's cool. Did your uncle steal your password ?

And you say my jokes are bad? Jesus.

Edited by FireChan

And you say my jokes are bad? Jesus.

Its not a joke, you know what time it is. Does your memory not reach that far back ?

For sakes of who gives a crap, I'll cut this convo off.

Looks like you graduated from trollsohard u to making some sense sometimes. Congrats FC, I am proud of you.

Agreed. The paranoia for me wasn't about getting caught. It was about not being in control should something happened that required me to react and think quickly. There are plenty of people who smoke dope and somehow they function better. But the idea that the paranoia comes from getting caught is as stupid as the constant drumbeat of "I'd rather be driving next to a stoned person instead of a drunk person." It's like saying "I'd rather screw an ugly chick instead of a fat one."

Haha. Exactly. How would you like to behind this stoner a few weeks ago:

MAYVILLE – It looked like a very late night funeral procession heading slowly along Route 394 here Tuesday but Chautauqua County sheriff’s deputies quickly determined it was actually a woman driving extremely slowly because she was allegedly high on drugs and was moving slowly to ensure she could stay on the road.

June Smith, 60, of Mayville was quickly pulled over by sheriff’s deputies called to the scene because she was “clocked” about 11:34 p.m. driving about 5 mph in a 35 mph zone and impeding a number of cars traveling behind her.

Deputies charged her with driving while impaired by drugs. Before she was driven to the sheriff’s office in Mayville, deputies found Smith had a wooden police-style billy club near the driver’s seat of her car. She was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth-degree and driving too slow. She is to answer to all the charges in Chautauqua Town Court here in several weeks.

It also said they are trying to take out the "high". The pot that people are speaking of here to use as medicine is way different, don't be intellectually dishonest. It is absolutely fine to use pot as medicine, but the dishonesty is astounding. I fully comprehended the article.

Dude, I can put myself in someone else's shoes, my wife has MS. Pot helps her, but it also makes her high, and incapable of doing her job (which should could do, just in some different fashion, but ONLY IF NOT HIGH)

The pot SMOKING community just wants to get high, they use the medicinal attributes as a way to legitimize getting high

And, it makes great rope. They're very concerned about rope.

Haha. Exactly. How would you like to behind this stoner a few weeks ago:

MAYVILLE – It looked like a very late night funeral procession heading slowly along Route 394 here Tuesday but Chautauqua County sheriff’s deputies quickly determined it was actually a woman driving extremely slowly because she was allegedly high on drugs and was moving slowly to ensure she could stay on the road.

June Smith, 60, of Mayville was quickly pulled over by sheriff’s deputies called to the scene because she was “clocked” about 11:34 p.m. driving about 5 mph in a 35 mph zone and impeding a number of cars traveling behind her.

Deputies charged her with driving while impaired by drugs. Before she was driven to the sheriff’s office in Mayville, deputies found Smith had a wooden police-style billy club near the driver’s seat of her car. She was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth-degree and driving too slow. She is to answer to all the charges in Chautauqua Town Court here in several weeks.

And, it makes great rope. They're very concerned about rope.

And this is the argument many make that people high on pot (this article didn't say she was high on pot) are safer drivers because they drive slow. One of the biggest hazard is someone driving slower than the flow of traffic. I see them all the time on the freeways. You come around the corner and there they are in the fast lane doing 50.

Interesting. So does smoking marijuana help with your sleep?

It depends on the strain but yes. I was never a smoker or casual user of it until it was prescribed to me by a doctor. Opiates weren't an option and the other meds I have been on in the past really messed up my sleep schedule and appetite. It's been about 5 years now since I got the prescription and it's helped with my condition in countless ways.

:lol: :lol:

I am busy making and saving money, you obviously have the time to make sure you never make more money and like wasting time.

I nominate this for entry into the hall of fame for worst sentences ever written on PPP.

With logic like this, Oracle should consider drug testing you. Clearly you smoke too much weed.

It depends on the strain but yes. I was never a smoker or casual user of it until it was prescribed to me by a doctor. Opiates weren't an option and the other meds I have been on in the past really messed up my sleep schedule and appetite. It's been about 5 years now since I got the prescription and it's helped with my condition in countless ways.

:lol: :lol:

I nominate this for entry into the hall of fame for worst sentences ever written on PPP.

With logic like this, Oracle should consider drug testing you. Clearly you smoke too much weed.

Why were opiates not an option?

Why were opiates not an option?

What's your condition, if you've already divulged that and I didn't see it? (If not, you can ignore my question)

I have Crohn's disease which attacks the digestive track. Opiates, by and large, slow (or stop) peristalsis which is not good for someone with a digestive issue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372

Just in case you haven't seen this study, though it sounds like you are on top of this.

Cannabis induces a clinical response in patients with Crohn's disease: a prospective placebo-controlled study.

Naftali T1, Bar-Lev Schleider L, Dotan I, Lansky EP, Sklerovsky Benjaminov F, Konikoff FM.

Author information

Abstract

BACKGROUND & AIMS:

The marijuana plant Cannabis sativa has been reported to produce beneficial effects for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases, but this has not been investigated in controlled trials. We performed a prospective trial to determine whether cannabis can induce remission in patients with Crohn's disease.

METHODS:

We studied 21 patients (mean age, 40 ± 14 y; 13 men) with Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI) scores greater than 200 who did not respond to therapy with steroids, immunomodulators, or anti-tumor necrosis factor-α agents. Patients were assigned randomly to groups given cannabis, twice daily, in the form of cigarettes containing 115 mg of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or placebo containing cannabis flowers from which the THC had been extracted. Disease activity and laboratory tests were assessed during 8 weeks of treatment and 2 weeks thereafter.

RESULTS:

Complete remission (CDAI score, <150) was achieved by 5 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (45%) and 1 of 10 in the placebo group (10%; P = .43). A clinical response (decrease in CDAI score of >100) was observed in 10 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (90%; from 330 ± 105 to 152 ± 109) and 4 of 10 in the placebo group (40%; from 373 ± 94 to 306 ± 143; P = .028). Three patients in the cannabis group were weaned from steroid dependency. Subjects receiving cannabis reported improved appetite and sleep, with no significant side effects.

CONCLUSIONS:

Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted. ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT01040910.

I am not a doctor but I would like to make a public service announcement that could save you a great deal of time and money some day.

If you are ever present with someone that has taken 'too much' cannabis, whether medical or otherwise, and they start to become panicky there is a simple phrase that will save you a trip to the Emergency Room.

Repeat the following very true statement to the afflicted and to yourself: "No one has ever died from an overdose of cannabis. You have taken a strong dose but you just need to relax and the bad side effects will fade away soon."

The person may appear as if they have overdosed. They may have but there is nothing they will do for you at the ER except to try to calm you and the patient down and have the patient relax until the uncomfortable effects wear off. They may give the patient a sedative if they are really freaking out.

This reported increase in ER visits related to cannabis usage is generally newbie users getting too strong of a dose, fearing that they may OD and die, and going to the ER due essentially to an anxiety attack. Cannabis overdose should just result in falling asleep in the recliner. Stay calm.