Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty stupid argument on your part. You mean his "career" as a swimmer ended after he retired? After he set all those records? What are you retarded or something? Yes, he was hurt by the pot incident by losing endorsements, but so what?

Here is a list of very successful people that have gotten or get high:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html

Are you smarter than them?

Wow this list is crap. I'm gonna quit smoking pot now.

Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Brad Pitt, Snoop Dogg, Johnny Depp (douche city)

Of course Martha Stewart can roll nice joints.

Drugs are bad. Ask Philip Seymour Hoffman. As long as you don't have spoiled brat kids, you can justify leaving your children no money and getting wasted still.

Turns out that guy was a complete F'ing douche,, beiing a spoiled brat little kid getting wasted and leaving his kids nothing.

I grew up in the 70's where dope smoking was all over the place. We even smoked in in class (boy were we sneaky). I remember telling my friends in high school that I was going to stop "partying" probably when I turned 25. They all looked at me as if I was crazy. Well I was done with that **** when I was 25 and the few times I smoked since then I pretty much hated it. And most of the friends I've spoken to who thought I was crazy all those years ago hate it too. This is just my opinion but if you're over 21 and you still smoke pot on a regular basis you're pretty much a loser. I don't care how smart or how productive you are in life I still look at you as someone stuck in their 20's and tha's just sad.

Drugs are bad. Ask Philip Seymour Hoffman. As long as you don't have spoiled brat kids, you can justify leaving your children no money and getting wasted still.

Turns out that guy was a complete F'ing douche,, beiing a spoiled brat little kid getting wasted and leaving his kids nothing.

Is this a heroin or a marijuana thread ?

I grew up in the 70's where dope smoking was all over the place. We even smoked in in class (boy were we sneaky). I remember telling my friends in high school that I was going to stop "partying" probably when I turned 25. They all looked at me as if I was crazy. Well I was done with that **** when I was 25 and the few times I smoked since then I pretty much hated it. And most of the friends I've spoken to who thought I was crazy all those years ago hate it too. This is just my opinion but if you're over 21 and you still smoke pot on a regular basis you're pretty much a loser. I don't care how smart or how productive you are in life I still look at you as someone stuck in their 20's and tha's just sad.

To each his own, Chef. I would say though, if one makes a decision and new evidence is presented then perhaps one should look again at their decision in light of the evidence.

I sure wish Paul Harvey was still around to tell us, in a year or two, the rest of the story. I think it is going to sound something like this

"Chef Jim continued to suffer with his troublesome back pain. "Just too many absences", that's what the restaurant said when they had to let Jim go.

It seemed unfair and it was but what could they do? They needed a chef that could do the job. Jim, wasn't around much and unfortunately when he was there well, he was hitting those vikes a little too hard and the customers began to notice that the quality was slipping downhill.

It took this type of jolt for Jim to realize he needed a change. There were studies that said medical marijuana but, no, that was just for losers, stoners, and muggle heads.

For years Jim had promoting the stupidity of marijuana now here he was being told by his own doctor, "Just try it and see if it helps.. Those vicodins are not good for you, Jim. It won't hurt you and studies have shown it to be very effective for nerve pain."

Now, you know the rest of the story. :)

To each his own, Chef. I would say though, if one makes a decision and new evidence is presented then perhaps one should look again at their decision in light of the evidence.

I sure wish Paul Harvey was still around to tell us, in a year or two, the rest of the story. I think it is going to sound something like this

"Chef Jim continued to suffer with his troublesome back pain. "Just too many absences", that's what the restaurant said when they had to let Jim go.

It seemed unfair and it was but what could they do? They needed a chef that could do the job. Jim, wasn't around much and unfortunately when he was there well, he was hitting those vikes a little too hard and the customers began to notice that the quality was slipping downhill.

It took this type of jolt for Jim to realize he needed a change. There were studies that said medical marijuana but, no, that was just for losers, stoners, and muggle heads.

For years Jim had promoting the stupidity of marijuana now here he was being told by his own doctor, "Just try it and see if it helps.. Those vicodins are not good for you, Jim. It won't hurt you and studies have shown it to be very effective for nerve pain."

Marijuana is good for you, huh?

So were cigarettes, at one point.

Marijuana is good for you, huh?

So were cigarettes, at one point.

I don't ever remember cigarettes being considered to be 'good for you', nor do I ever recall seeing any advertisements that made that claim, either during my lifetime or from any point in american history. I'd really like to see anything to the contrary.

I do remember light cigarettes being sold as being 'healthier', but I have never seen anything that actually made a claim that cigarettes did anything other than calm your nerves or help you to relax.

I don't ever remember cigarettes being considered to be 'good for you', nor do I ever recall seeing any advertisements that made that claim, either during my lifetime or from any point in american history. I'd really like to see anything to the contrary.

I do remember light cigarettes being sold as being 'healthier', but I have never seen anything that actually made a claim that cigarettes did anything other than calm your nerves or help you to relax.

Those are health benefits, same as the ones used to prescribe marijuana for anxiety.

"“There were big ad campaigns with hundreds of ads in medical journals,” Jackler said. “For example, there is an ad showing a physician writing on a prescription pad, ‘For your patients with sore throats and cough, Phillip Morris cigarettes.’”

http://www.healio.com/hematology-oncology/news/print/hematology-oncology/%7B241d62a7-fe6e-4c5b-9fed-a33cc6e4bd7c%7D/cigarettes-were-once-physician-tested-approved

I'll be honest, I thought of it from Mad Men but a cursory Google search backed it up.

Dude. Who the !@#$ is talking about someone smoking pot for a bad back?

Those are health benefits, same as the ones used to prescribe marijuana for anxiety.

"“There were big ad campaigns with hundreds of ads in medical journals,” Jackler said. “For example, there is an ad showing a physician writing on a prescription pad, ‘For your patients with sore throats and cough, Phillip Morris cigarettes.’”

http://www.healio.com/hematology-oncology/news/print/hematology-oncology/%7B241d62a7-fe6e-4c5b-9fed-a33cc6e4bd7c%7D/cigarettes-were-once-physician-tested-approved

I'll be honest, I thought of it from Mad Men but a cursory Google search backed it up.

fair enough. that's news to me. I remember when the surgeon general first issued warnings on the potential health hazards of cigarettes back in the 60's, but that's the first time I ever saw anything that actually suggested real health benefits from smoking cigarettes. thanks for the info!

180977.jpg?v=1

okay, point taken. :lol:

I don't suppose there's a chance that their claim is based on weight-loss brought on by virulent illness due to cigarette smoking, is there?

In all fairness, I smoked for years and never, ever, ever got sick...presumably because the toxins I was inhaling destroyed any virus that got near my body.

In all fairness, I smoked for years and never, ever, ever got sick...presumably because the toxins I was inhaling destroyed any virus that got near my body.

well, I had to wait for cigarettes to kick my @ss before I began a serious effort to quit, and even then I got off of cigs by switching to a vaporizer. nicotine is astoundingly difficult to quit....at least it is for me.

the effect you describe was duplicated in me by a steady, yet modest, consumption of tequila. I always said that it kept my system clean and sterilized.