Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the video (just above) and you will see how it can impact so many diseases. It will be worth your time.

Being on this thread or even on this board is literally not worth my time.

Much less a 70 minute video.

bbb, they call that willful ignorance. It is really the worst kind.

This is readily accessible information but you seem to be fearful that it will upset your long held beliefs.

Go ahead, man. I challenge you to watch the whole video and come back and tell me that it wasn't worth your time. If you have got time to be BS'ing about the Bills, you certainly have time to learn something valuable.

Being on this thread or even on this board is literally not worth my time.

Much less a 70 minute video.

Yes, sometimes I feel the same way but then I often think of how much I've learned from different posters here. Get involved in a lot of different threads and you will see what I mean. I was a conservative before i joined up here and am still a conservative, just much more aware of the mental bankruptcy we are facing/fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, legalize drugs and they will come, who knew?

http://news.yahoo.co...-175115981.html

Rise on homelessness of young people in Colorado. Horrible idea to legalize weed.

They are people that moved to Colorado because of pot. The headline makes one believe kids smoking weed have become drop outs and live in the street because of their addiction.

The NY Times is doing a series of 7 articles over the course of the next week or so. Here are the first 2 links:

http://www.nytimes.c...ion.html?op-nav

http://www.nytimes.c...ana.html?op-nav

There are issues in the management of public safety and underage drinking and health issues with drinking alcohol, and health issues, same with tobacco.

Opening the door for it to be legalized because alcohol and tobacco are? The opening statement says it is far less dangerous and then says later on that there is an honest discussion about it. Which is it?. Also another reason in that article states that it hurts the adolescent brain, so that is why they will make the legal age 21.....HAHAHAHAHAHA, yep, that makes it better. Making it legal makes it even easier for EVERYONE to get, including all those under 21. This has to be worst article I have ever seen to try and defend it. Not to mention mention any article that states marijuana arrests without stating those arrested for marijuana ONLY is just bunk. Of those 650K arrests, I bet 5% or less are just for weed only, there is sales, driving under the influence, many other crimes in addition to having weed.

Second article says let states decide. That is what is happening, even though the feds say it is illegal.

But I do like Bob In Mich, he is a very thoughtful fellow, and I hope you had a nice weekend.

Edited by Security

T Not to mention mention any article that states marijuana arrests without stating those arrested for marijuana ONLY is just bunk. Of those 650K arrests, I bet 5% or less are just for weed only, there is sales, driving under the influence, many other crimes in addition to having weed.

You bet? I'd like to see that figure broken down too, but I'm sure its way *higher* than 5%

Thanks Security.

This article talks about the breakdown of marijuana arrest numbers for 2012. The percentage for possession is not 5% but a little more than 87%.

http://nationalcanna...ijuana-in-2012/

...from the article

The data, analyzed by 420RADIO News, indicate that 749,825 people were arrested for marijuana within the category of “drug abuse violations” reported to the FBI. Of those, 658,231 were arrested for possession, making up about seven out of eight pot arrests in this country.

Edited by Bob in Mich

Thanks Security.

This article talks about the breakdown of marijuana arrest numbers for 2012.

...from the article

The data, analyzed by 420RADIO News, indicate that 749,825 people were arrested for marijuana within the category of “drug abuse violations” reported to the FBI. Of those, 658,231 were arrested for possession, making up about seven out of eight pot arrests in this country.

Well, I still have no problem with arresting people for weed. They don't walk around asking people if they are high. People smell like weed, they are smoking it in public, I still don't get how people get arrested for it, buying it, smoking it, it is not hard to do and smoke at your house. I don't go the woods to drink and I don't go the woods to smoke weed either. I would get arrested if I smoked cigarettes in certain places too.

This breakdown is still not honest in describing what actually happened, how and where, and no one, I mean no one, unless you have a been arrested many times before, goes to jail for possession of pot, it just does not happen.

This breakdown is still not honest in describing what actually happened, how and where, and no one WHITE PERSON, I mean no one WHITE PERSON, unless you have a been arrested many times before, goes to jail for possession of pot, it just does not happen UNLESS YOU'RE BROWN / BLACK.

Thanks Security.

This article talks about the breakdown of marijuana arrest numbers for 2012. The percentage for possession is not 5% but a little more than 87%.

...from the article

and what a drag on society. Not only are they put through a pretty nasty system, they are really being hurt for the rest of their lives with the record of arrest. How many avenues in life are closed to them becaue of that record?