4th of July hurricane?

Pete

I am having an independence day party Saturday. Perhaps it will also be a hurricane party

Cool. Do you have the right glasses or will you rent them?

We were planning on heading to Ocean City, NJ for the 4th . . .Gotta go to the back-up plan. . .

Why? Surfing should be awesome!

Cool. Do you have the right glasses or will you rent them?

lol I do have some hurricane glasses and that might be appropriate. I am going to juice a watermelon, add some chili peppers and cilantro, let sit overnight and serve with Cuervo in snifter glasses I think. What other additions might be good with watermelon mixer?

lol I do have some hurricane glasses and that might be appropriate. I am going to juice a watermelon, add some chili peppers and cilantro, let sit overnight and serve with Cuervo in snifter glasses I think. What other additions might be good with watermelon mixer?

You'll need some good guac.

Don't sound like it'll be much more than rain up here in the NE, but the Outer Banks is gonna get slammed tonight.

You'll need some good guac.

Don't sound like it'll be much more than rain up here in the NE, but the Outer Banks is gonna get slammed tonight.

My friend is leaving 4:00 am the outer banks for a much deserved vacatation. She has had it planned for the past 6 months, and has a good attitude, and will make the most of it.

And I am planning my menu now-guac and carnitas will be on it. But I was looking for additions for my cocktail- juiced watermelon, cilantro, chilis, tequilla, limes- what else? What would Rick Bayless add to that drink?

Liquor and ice.

exactly. And y'all from New Orleans know the drill better then anyone. Booze, and more booze Edited by Pete

exactly. And y'all from New Orleans know the drill better then anyone. Booze, and more booze

yup. and beer is not an efficient way to accomplish that should the power go out... you know, with the volume and temperature issues. 9 times out of 10 your just stuck waiting things out - bored and generally uncomfortable. liquor and ice, my friend.

Hitting the outter banks, Camp Lejuene and Morehead City will be the landing point.

I was just out that way a few weeks back. I really wish I could have went out that way to see it come in...

No real signs of it this far inland, but it was hot as hell all day. Then about 3:30 the wind picks up something fierce. You could smell moisture and rain in the wind, though it was not falling. I didn't smell salt water, some times you can.

Edited by jboyst62

Yep. Pretty much a non-event here. Went to check on the boat at high tide yesterday - around 1:30 when the storm was still a bit south of here. Got a smattering of rain from one of the outer storm bands, but the eye was about 125 miles out to sea at that point. It's my first year at this marina - which got destroyed by Sandy. Hope we see nothing worse than Arthur... ever.

Yep. Pretty much a non-event here. Went to check on the boat at high tide yesterday - around 1:30 when the storm was still a bit south of here. Got a smattering of rain from one of the outer storm bands, but the eye was about 125 miles out to sea at that point. It's my first year at this marina - which got destroyed by Sandy. Hope we see nothing worse than Arthur... ever.

Nice to hear.Thanks for the update.

I m in the outer banks for vacation. Slept right thru it

Great!