Who Is Your Most Correctly Rated Bill?

Aaron Maybin.

I hated it when the Bills picked him. He should have stayed at Penn State another year.

I knew he would not be an instant impact player. He was far too small to be an NFL DE, and he did not have the instincts to play OLB.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much everybody now agrees that Trent was over-rated by Bill Walsh, so if you want to nominate Trent, you should do it in the "over-rated" thread. Besides, they play the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, not AZ.

I was correcting you, who said when Fitz took a hit by an AZ safety. Trent took the hit you spoke of. I wasn't nominating Trent. Hence, the research comment. I did, however, nominate Cordy Glenn for this thread. He is correctly rated, IMO. Why you would be comparing Cordy Glenn, a left tackle (LT) to Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Tomlinson is also beyond me.

I was correcting you, who said when Fitz took a hit by an AZ safety. Trent took the hit you spoke of. I wasn't nominating Trent. Hence, the research comment. I did, however, nominate Cordy Glenn for this thread. He is correctly rated, IMO. Why you would be comparing Cordy Glenn, a left tackle (LT) to Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Tomlinson is also beyond me.

Sorry if I missed quoting you. But maybe you missed the part where I said I agreed with you about Cordy Glenn. Gotta admit, though, that now I'm having second thoughts. I don't think most nollidgible posters believe Maybin was correctly rated, but do you think Cordy Glenn is more correctly rated than Jim Kelly?

Sorry if I missed quoting you. But maybe you missed the part where I said I agreed with you about Cordy Glenn. Gotta admit, though, that now I'm having second thoughts. I don't think most nollidgible posters believe Maybin was correctly rated, but do you think Cordy Glenn is more correctly rated than Jim Kelly?

Not even close, Jim Kelly is the most rated player ever to don a Bills uniphorm.

Moorman in a negative way. It seems like everyone realizes what the OP said that he is washed up. He was great for years but no more.

On a more positive note Nickell Robey. He's the perfect slot corner. Robey is quick, a good tackler and blitzer. I think that he is a good player in that role and it doesn't seem like people are clamouring for more. Often times, when guys have rookie years like that we start hearing how he's the next Patrick Peterson or whatever. People seem to be optimistic about Robey but realistic.

I don't like that the OP has opened this up to present, former & future players. People tend to get confused when this is done. That said, I'll give an answer for each Bill

Bills Past: OJ...he was a slasher

Bills Present: Kiko Alonso (I dare you to argue this selection)

Bills Future: Brett Hundley

I don't like that the OP has opened this up to present, former & future players. People tend to get confused when this is done. That said, I'll give an answer for each Bill

Bills Past: OJ...he was a slasher

Bills Present: Kiko Alonso (I dare you to argue this selection)

Bills Future: Brett Hundley

The defenders always gave good chase but they could never get their mitts around him.

Chandler.

No one thinks of him as a pro bowler , but at same time people appreciate he can be a valuable option game in, game out, a solid 600 yards, 6 TD's kind of guy, that if the other team forgets about can hurt you.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

. . . Bills Present: Kiko Alonso (I dare you to argue this selection) . . .

You may be right, but personally I'm gonna wait and see how he responds if he ever takes a huge hit in the Pro Bowl from some all-world guard or tackle. If he responds to the big hit like Moorman did, that would make me think that Alonso's over-rated. If you're gonna be correctly rated as a Pro Bowler, ya gotta be able to shake off a big hit, regardless of how much the Japanese TV announcers talk about it.

Chandler.

No one thinks of him as a pro bowler , but at same time people appreciate he can be a valuable option game in, game out, a solid 600 yards, 6 TD's kind of guy, that if the other team forgets about can hurt you.

I agree with that assessment but have noticed a large number of people tend to rate him very much below that......thus making him commonly incorrectly rated.

A lot of posters here were furious over the Maybin pick, and rightly so. I'd say they were very nollidgible.

Andy Legursky....not sure why we ever let him and Chas Rhinegold leave. All Pro O-linemen don't grow on trees. They were rated above average and their performance post-Bills drives the nail in our coughin.

Damn those all pro limeman and there nails and our coughings!

I have a signed Chuck L. Rhinegarten jersey around here somewheres. Yep. I met him. and he signed it . Thats no ****

Dont doubt me.

A lot of posters here were furious over the Maybin pick, and rightly so. I'd say they were very nollidgible.

Well I guess that means there were at least a few non-nollidgible posters who liked the Maybin pick when it was made, which would certainly make Maybin uncommonly incorrectly rated.

But if Jim Kelly was even less uncommonly incorrectly rated, wouldn't that make Kelly more correctly rated than Maybin? At least that's how my brother Darryl sees it.