Truly bad movies you're embarrassed to admit you like

Rubes

This is so awesome....nice find....

Yeah, I'm glad that it is a reality now, even though the first movie did decent but not spectacular business in the USA.

I am also interested in how Guillermo Del Toro's next film, "Crimson Peak", turns out.

Also, a bit off topic, but I am thrilled with how the Star Wars universe is coming together. "Godzilla" director Gareth Edwards was signed to direct one of the Star Wars spin off movies, and they recently hired Rian Johnson ("Brick", "The Brothers Bloom", "Looper") to direct Episodes VIII & IX. Or at least he'll write the screenplay for Episode IX and he might direct it too.

All of that is great news.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hudson Hawk.

"Yes, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Rome. I did my first bare-handed strangulation here."

For shame. Hudson Hawk love is nothing to be embarrassed about, that movie rocks.

And it's why Bruce doesn't write movies anymore... so, win win.

Joe Vs The Volcano

I haven't seen it in years but I always used to stop channel surfing and watch the rest of that movie whenever I came across it.

Disqualified on the account of awesomeness. Joe vs the Volcano is a masterpiece, and I'm not even exaggerating. It's gorgeously shot, brilliantly acted and the story is so rich you can (and I may have) written a dissertation on the subtext and various interpretations. It's a crazy movie, a silly movie at times, but deep and enriching.

I enjoyed and still enjoy Armageddon though I'm pretty sure most people think it is crap.

It's pretty crappy, yeah. I don't know if I'd say embarrassingly crappy, but pretty close if not.

It's pretty crappy, yeah. I don't know if I'd say embarrassingly crappy, but pretty close if not.

I think it helped on this one a lot with my expectations. I didn't see it until it was out and video and had already heard nothing but terrible things about it. With those thoughts going in I came away pleasantly surprised and will still stay tuned today if I come across it while flipping around.

Another example of the low expectations was Batman and Robin. Don't get me wrong I still think the movie is bad, and no question the worst Batman movie ever made, but after watching it on video for the first time I didn't loathe it as much as I expected to.

Plus I always kind of had a thing for Alicia Silverstone so that helps I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Another example of the low expectations was Batman and Robin. Don't get me wrong I still think the movie is bad, and no question the worst Batman movie ever made, but after watching it on video for the first time I didn't loathe it as much as I expected to.

Plus I always kind of had a thing for Alicia Silverstone so that helps I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Holy **** was that a bad movie. That's a destroy-the-originals-and-all-evidence-it-existed type of bad movie.

I like the quote though, one to which every young movie director should aspire: "I didn't loathe it as much as I expected to." :lol:

One of Charlie Sheens very early films:

The Wraith

It's a terrible plot and the script is laughable but has some random actors in it, Randy Quaid, Clint Howard.

Great Soundtrack too!

Gotta add votes for Flash and Starship Troopers.

Dune (w/ Kyle Maclachlan)... Awful interpretation of the book, and yet I'm strangely fascinated by the depth of the film's hideousness....

I remember that movie,

The Chase escaping to Mexico with the rich chick

how fast were they going when she climbed on top?

Sign me up for that one. Kristy Swanson was (probably still is) a 10. Flea, Carey Elwes, Henry Rollins and Bree Walker? That's a supporting cast!

Also from the Charlie Sheen files, how about 'Men at Work', co-starring his Hispanic brother. Two slacker garbage men unravel a dirty politics/murder mystery. Really bad stuff, with every cliched character you can imagine. :thumbsup:

Edited by KD in CT

Dune (w/ Kyle Maclachlan)... Awful interpretation of the book, and yet I'm strangely fascinated by the depth of the film's hideousness....

I distinctly remember going to see this movie in the theater when it came out. It was the only movie I've ever gone to where, when you entered the theater, they actually handed out a piece of paper that had a glossary of all the different names in the movie, because they must have determined that nobody could keep track of any of it.

For shame. Hudson Hawk love is nothing to be embarrassed about, that movie rocks.

And it's why Bruce doesn't write movies anymore... so, win win.

People ask me what it's about, and I tell them "It's about a guy trying to get a cappuccino." Because that's the only story arc that really makes any !@#$ing sense whatsoever.

Disqualified on the account of awesomeness. Joe vs the Volcano is a masterpiece, and I'm not even exaggerating. It's gorgeously shot, brilliantly acted and the story is so rich you can (and I may have) written a dissertation on the subtext and various interpretations. It's a crazy movie, a silly movie at times, but deep and enriching.

It's certainly better than "Volcano" with Tommy Lee Jones and Anne Hecht. Although that's the most fun I've ever had at the movies - I saw that late on a Tuesday night, free, when I was the only one in the theater. Didn't have to be quiet or behave myself. Turned it into my very own live MST3K experience. :D

Sign me up for that one. Kristy Swanson was (probably still is) a 10. Flea, Carey Elwes, Henry Rollins and Bree Walker? That's a supporting cast!

Also from the Charlie Sheen files, how about 'Men at Work', co-starring his Hispanic brother. Two slacker garbage men unravel a dirty politics/murder mystery. Really bad stuff, with every cliched character you can imagine. :thumbsup:

I loved men at work.

I don't think I saw The Adventures Ford Fairlane mentioned.

I loved that movie, but to be fair I'm not sure that I've seen it in 20 years and my perspective on a lot of films doesn't age all that well.